Tao 5

7 Things I Hate About You

 


"ZiTao! I'm telling you! It'll rain! Look at the clouds. It's so dark. Let's just sleep the whole day okay?" he said as he wraps himself again on his blanket and buried his face more on his soft pillow.

"Gege~! Come on! Please!! I really want to cycle today! Remember! I'll be going to school just like you next week! So Please!!! Krisssss gegeeeeee~!!!!" he jumped up and down to Kris bed to annoy the other.

"Ugh~!!" he suddenly sat up. Because Tao is standing on the bed, he stumbled and fell on Kris' lap. "Fine! Let's go!" he said as he help Tao to get up so he can get out of the cocoon he made out of his own blanket.

Kris just washed his face before they both took off to the park to cycle. The sky was dark but there's no rain. The cold wind that was meeting Kris' already pale skin actually helps the older to feel at ease. It's been so long since he went out with his bike. Kris can tell that Tao is in a good mood. He keeps on humming on their way to the park. Sometimes he would sing out loud too. Tao's singing voice is not the nicest one to listen to but it was pleasant to hear.

They just cycled around the park again and again and again and again. Tao is happy and Kris is more than happy to see the younger having fun. It was already noon when they stopped making rounds on the park. They sat on the bench to rest. Tao took out his phone and headset. He fixed the tangled headset and when he's done he put it on his ears.

Kris pouted because Tao is actually planning to listen to music and leave him staring at the space alone. Kris wanted to at least chat with him. Kris moved closer to Tao and took the other headset and put it in his ear. Tao gave him an I'm-not-amused face but Kris just stared back.

"What!? You're actually planning to listen to music alone?" he asked.

"you didn't bring your phone?"

"If I have it then I won't take yours just like what I'm doing right now." he grumpily answered. Tao laughed a little. It was funny how Kris can become a 5 years old kid sometimes. It really doesn't suit his tall frame and manly aura.

"Do you have a request?" Tao asked.

"Do you have Kiss Goodbye?"

"by Wang LeeHom?" he asked back and Kris nodded. "But that's sad?"

"It's okay. It suits the weather and I really like that song."

"Okay then." Tao answered and shuffled the songs on his phone to find Kris' request. Kris is tired and the mood around them is really making him sleepy. He scooted a little bit more closer to Tao so he can rest his head on his shoulder. Tao was surprised at the sudden action.

"Did you find it?" Kris asked.

"N.. .not yet.. .uhm~ gege~? People think we're weird?"

"Let them think whatever they want. You dragged me here early in the morning so I'm really sleepy now. Take responsibility. Wake me up after an hour okay?" he pushed his head more to Tao's shoulder until he's comfortable to his position.

The younger nods and Kris just nods back to inform him that he received the message. Tao didn't answer and instead he played the song. Kris hummed in satisfaction when he heard the song entering his ears. Because it was just too peaceful, Tao fell asleep too right after Kris. He rested his head on Kris head that was leaning on his shoulder. It was a precious scene, it's such a waste because there's no one there who can capture those perfect moments.

They woke up after an hour or so. Kris felt big heavy raindrops falling into them so he woke up Tao. When the younger woke up it's already raining hard. They are still both half asleep when they ran somewhere for shelter. They leave their bikes beside the bench and promised them that they will come back when the rain is gone. They found shelter on the convenience store near the park.

They are both soaking wet and Kris just keeps on shaking the water out of his body but it's really not working. Tao suddenly felt bad and moody because he's the one who dragged Kris there with him. Kris even warned him about the rain but he didn't listen and now they are in that situation. He can tell that Kris is getting irritated too.

Tao keeps quiet while they are waiting for the rain to stop. Kris can tell that there's something wrong with Tao since he's too quiet and the lines on his forehead is showing, which is unnatural for him. He doesn't know what made Tao moody all of a sudden.

"Are you cold?" Kris asked worriedly. And he asked that because he was wondering if it is the reason for Tao's sudden change of mood.

"No. Are you gege?" he asked back.

"No. I'm fine." he answered shortly. When Tao just nods and went back to staring to the rain Kris' sighed. "Tao, is there something wrong?" he finally asked.

Tao suddenly looked up at him, eyes big in surprise. Tao stood up from his sitting position to look at Kris. The older is surprised too, when he saw tears on Tao's eyes ready to fall anytime. He panicked a little inside but he didn't show it because it might make Tao cry for real. A crying Tao is something Kris doesn't want. He hates it, it pains him and it makes him feel sad.

"Gege I'm so sorry. I dragged you here even if you told me that it would rain." he sobbed but there's no tears, YET. "I should've listen to you. But I didn't. And now we are in this situation. I know you feel cold. I'm so sorry." he sobbed again and this time a single tear fall out of his beautiful eyes.

Instead of telling Tao, "I told you so!" or "That's right! You should've listen to me!" Kris just laughed at Tao. At first he was really trying hard not to, he even bites the insides on his mouth. Tao just looked too pitiful, in a funny way for Kris. His hair is wet and down, he's still soaking even if they've been out of the rain for a while now and his expression is so sad but he still looks funny in Kris' eyes.

Kris have two reasons in his mind why he laughed. First, because Tao looks really funny. No joke. He really is in Kris eyes. And second, Kris doesn't want to scold Tao about their situation now. It's not Tao's fault, if he really doesn't want it then he won't come with him. He's really wondering how Tao's mind is working sometime. It's mysterious.

"Sorry. You just looked so funny right now." he said then he fixed himself and he went back to his original cold city guy aura. "Don't worry about it Tao. I swear it's okay and I'm not cold. You look colder than me." he smiled kindly to him.

"But gege~ you.. ."

"No buts Tao. I already said it's okay so it's really okay." he smiled again and this time he looks like he was expecting something so Tao gave him a shy nod. "Don't cry anymore okay? It breaks my heart to see you crying."

Tao gave him another nod when he helped Tao wipe the single tear on his cheeks. It's not like Kris can tell where is the tears since Tao's face is wet from the rain. He just guessed and actually it was just his instinct when he does that. He always wipes Tao's tears when they are young. He didn't know he still have that habit until now.

"You're really not cold gege~?" Tao asked.

"Nope." he answered. He looked around where they are and saw the cashier on the store looking at them. "Hey Tao, want some ice cream?" he suddenly asked while tilting his head at the direction of the big fridge inside the store.

"Strawberry?" Kris nods. "Your treat?" Kris nods again. "I want it." Tao said smiling.

Kris pulled Tao inside the store. They both got a death glare from the girl on the cashier because they leaved dirty foot prints on the white tiles. Instead of getting scared about it, Kris told Tao to make more prints to piss the girl more. Tao did what he's told, he doesn't want to defy Kris since he's still guilty. They got kicked out of the store but at least they got the ice cream.

They ate it while waiting for the rain to stop, but it's not stopping at all. Kris suddenly said he feels bad for their bikes while he's throwing away the empty cup of ice cream.

"Tao. Want to take a bath in the rain?" he asked smirking.

"What? Why? To save the bikes?"

"Yhup. I really feel bad for leaving them there."

Before Tao could answer. Kris is already pulling him to the rain. Tao suddenly remembers his phone so he did his best to get out of Kris' grip. When he was freed, he ran inside the convenience store and ask the girl in the counter if she can hide the phone for him and they will come back for it later. The girl is actually a good person, she said okay. After that Tao ran back to Kris and race him to their bikes.

When Kris saw his bike he talked to it like it was his son he just abandoned. Of course Tao would laugh. Kris is such an idiot but it's kinda cute. Kris pulled Tao closer to him and back hugged him and told him to apologize to the bikes too. Tao's heart is beating so loud. He keeps on wishing that Kris won't notice it. The heat left on their close bodies feels good.

Kris doesn't want to let Tao go but he can tell that Tao is uncomfortable so he let go and joked around again. Kris challenged Tao to cycle even if it's raining. Tao said it's dangerous, then Kris said he's just scared. In the end they cycled around the park for the 100th time that day. They laughed their off as they got drenched in the rain. They sat on the bench again when they got tired. Both doesn't have a care in the world, just having fun.

"Tao. Thank you for insisting that we come here. It's been so long since I last took a bath in the rain. I had a lot of fun. Thank you. And don't look so funny again when you're about to cry okay? I'll die from laughing too much." he teased Tao as he poke his cheeks.

It's raining hard, it almost look like a storm. But they are sitting on the bench like there's no rain. Joking around and laughing at themselves for being in that situation.

 

 

"I hate you for putting up with me and making me smile when I'm on my worst."