Tao 1

7 Things I Hate About You

 


"Tao!! Welcome to Korea! I missed you!" he greeted Tao at the airport and hugged the younger.

"Hello gege~ I missed you too. You, I.. .uhm.. .I mean.. .I didn't recognized you." he said awkwardly as they walk away at the crowded airport. YiFan took Tao's luggage and guided him to his car that was waiting for them.

"blonde suits me right." then he ran his big hands through his scalp and posed like a model.

"Yes it is. And stop doing that, you look like an idiot." he chuckled when YiFan pouted like a kid at the word 'idiot'.

"I didn't recognized you at first too. I see you're fond of piercing just like me. ..and you really grew a lot." he complimented the younger.

"I saw your Weibo & saw your piercing so I kinda copied you. Just a little bit more and we're the same height." he said shyly.

"How old are now Tao?"

"20, YiFan gege~" he answered.

"Then you won't grow anymore. That's it, you won't reach my height." he teased the younger. He knows that he will believe him, he always does. "by the way, I prefer Kris than YiFan."

"Where did you get this 'Kris' name?"

"Canada. I believe I mentioned that on my letter before?"

"ah! That! I'm sorry, when you leave China. I became so busy with Wushu and all. And I refused to read your letters because I will miss you more and I will want you back." he explained.

They are already driving to Kris' house. Tao will be staying with him in Korea. The younger is an exchange student from China just like Kris' is an exchange student from Canada. At the car they talked a lot. Asking each other about basic information's because it's been so long since they last saw each other.

Tao asked for rules too around the house but Kris said he doesn't have any rules and Tao can do whatever he want and take home whoever he wants. Tao asked if he has a girlfriend so he won't be surprised if he somehow walk into them while making out. Kris laughed at the statement but said he doesn't have one and he will never get one. Tao is confused at the choice if words but he let it go when he saw the beach.

"You like the beach?" Kris asked.

"Yes, a lot. When you leave I always go to the beach and walk."

"With your friends?"

"No. Alone. It's romantic. Specially when the sun is setting, it's so beautiful." he smiled as the warm ray of sun was hitting his sun kissed skin. 

"Maybe that's why his skin is dark." Kris laughed to himself as he maneuver and took a different road.

"Well stop by at the beach for a while. We can even eat dinner at the restaurant over there if you want." he said as he nod his head at the direction of the restaurant.

"Really? We can stay there?" he asked amused.

"Of course. If you're not tired." he looked at Tao and he can tell that his already dark circles are getting darker every hour. He was worried for Tao.

"No! I'm not tired! I'll be fine! Let's go eat over there and wait for sunset." he said excitedly as he hoped at his sit like a kid.

"Roger that. Anything you want Tao." he smiled as he continue driving to park his car at the near parking lot.

They went down to the beach when Tao already gathered some of his things from his bag. He wears a cap and took his cellphone with him. The younger looks so excited that Kris became excited as well. He's been seeing that place like forever but never once tried to eat there, just like Tao, it'll be his first time there too.

They waited for the sun to set while sitting at the seaside eating strawberry ice cream. Kris is not that fond of sweet foods but Tao likes it so he still bought one for himself because he doesn't want to disappoint the younger. They stayed there watching the sunset and the people playing some beach volleyball not far from where they are sitting.

They chatted a lot while eating different snacks that Tao took out from his magical bag. A lot of different Chinese snacks, he even have some chocolates that Tao said came from China but when he looked where it was manufactured, it was Made In Korea. Kris told Tao not to import their export and the younger just laughed at him.

Kris asked Tao about his time in China and what he missed there. Tao asked Kris too about his life in Canada and how he managed to communicate with other kids when he doesn't even know a single word of English when he first came there. Kris told him that he at least knows how to say "I Love You". He said that those 3 words helps him to gain some girl friends that helped him to learn English.

When the sun is already down and the surrounding became dark they went to the restaurant to have dinner. Tao had a lot of fun eating seafoods, he felt bad for the creatures but still ate them deliciously.

"You like it that much?" Kris asked chuckling when a some sauce escaped from the youngers mouth. Tao himself didn't notice it so he continued eating his food.

"I'll come here everyday for dinner. I love it." he said happily.

Because Tao is still clueless about the sauce on the corner of his mouth. Kris took a tissue to help the younger wipe it. He motioned Tao to come closer since he's quite far.

"What is it gege?" Tao asked while leaning to the table.

"There's sauce in the corner of your mouth." he said then wiped it.

Tao blushed. Kris is still the same, he's still as sweet and kind as ever. The other people at the table beside them was looking and giving them weird stares but Kris doesn't seem to care.

Tao can tell that Kris is extra sweet to him the whole day and always giving him what he wants and never says no to any of his request.

For example, the ice cream, he knows YiFan doesn't like sweets that much but he still bought one for himself so they can eat together.

"I.. .I could wipe it on my own if you told me." he said blushing. He wiped it again as if there's still some left.

"Shy? Don't mind other people, we don't even know them." Kris said as he set aside the tissue and looked at the people on the other table and smile to them.

 

 

"I hate you for being so sweet and so kind to me."