3

Truly heart/One true pairing

Min's POV

You watched further until krystal came into the picture as she linked arms with kai and you could see the fake smile upon sehun's face. * I know I shouldn't just jump into conclusion but it's obvious that sehun likes krystal... he must have felt hurt right now... * 

Sehun's POV

" Me and kai are in a relationship! Like finally. " Krystal pouted as she linked arms with kai while kai just chuckled. 

" Aren't you guys gonna congratulate us or anything? " Krystal continued while the guys (EXO-K) cheered. 

" What made you make a move huh kai? " Suho raised an eyebrow as he smirked. 

" Well, it's a secret but I can tell you that it is due to one person. " Kai states.

" Yeah, and that one person is no other than soo min. " Krystal added in and smiled. " Without her, kai won't even get to know me. " 

" Sehun ah, aren't you happy for us? " Kai asked and krystal joined in, " Yeah, why do you seem down? " 

Sehun quickly waved a ' it's nothing 'and smiled and wished them to last long before returning to his class. You too returned to your class as you do not want to be caught eavesdropping the conversation.

--------

Lunch break / Cafetaria

You knew you never will have the chance to be with kai but you're still disappointed when you received the news that krystal is together with kai. But that, isn't the main problem. That day, you didn't have the appetite to eat as you're troubled with something. But with nowhere else to go, you went to your usual spot at the cafetaria. You then took out a book as you find reading takes you away from the world of troubles and that's what you need now.

-------

" So today, we'll have krystal joining us for lunch, you guys don't mind right? " Kai asked, specifically towards sehun. 

" Oh, of course not, " sehun smiled awkwardly and soon after krystal joined the guys. Krsytal went to take her seat beside kai which is also directly opposite sehun.

With the new couple interacting opposite sehun, he felt really uncomfortable and wanted to dissapear. He looked around and finally found somewhere he could go to. 

" Uhh, you guys carry on with eating, don't worry about me, " with that being said, sehun stood up.

" W-what about your food? " Chanyeol asked.

" I'm not hungry, " Sehun smiled and walked away.

" S-sehun ah! " the others shouted as they were puzzled as to why sehun left in the middle of his meal.

---------

" Hey, mind if I sit here? " Sehun asked. 

You nodded without looking. You didn't know who it was as you just continued to read your book to avoid unnecessary trouble. 

Sehun then waved infront of you but you didn't take notice. 

" Soo min! " He called out your name and you being in shock, closed your book immediately. 

" What? What? What? " You began to panic as sehun just shouted your name out of the blue. 

" Oh my god, calm down. I'm just calling you cause you've been ignoring my presence... " Sehun said while his hand was on your shoulder, trying to calm you down. 

" Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be sitting with kai and krystal and the rest? " You asked. 

" Why can't I be here? Why must I be there? And what's more, you told me I could sit here. " 

" Then sit all you want. I need to go somewhere. " You lied. You just wanted to be alone. Despite having the book in your hand, you can't seem to digest the content. Your thoughts were elsewhere and you felt rather burden by it.

" I'll follow you. " Sehun followed suit as you stood up.

" No, you don't have to. " You faked a smile so that sehun would be less worried. 

--------

While you two were at the corner of the cafetaria earlier, someone was monitoring the whole situation. 

--------

Min's POV

As you're walking along the corridor, you thought there are people following you. 

* Aish, not them again. * 

" What do you all want? " You said in an annoyed tone as you could not hold it in any longer. The days being bullied by krystal and her clique need to be stopped. 

" W-well, I-I just want to make sure that you're okay, " Sehun said as he was truly concern about you. " Tell me what's wrong. Are you expecting someone? " 

You sighed. " Why do you care? Nobody cares about me. No one, ever. And take this as a warning, don't start. Get out of this while you still can. " 

Sehun could feel his heart break for a moment. You just seemed so weak at the moment such that he wanted to protect you. 

" Talk to me, I'll help you. " Sehun said as he reached out his hand. 

A tear then run down your cheeks.

Being a single child is tough, furthermore, you have a complicated family. Your dad seems to be never at home. And when he returns home, it is either he is drunk or in need of money. When he's drunk, violence occurs. While his gambling debts has to be paid by both your mum and you. However, since your mum wants you focus on your studies, she didn't want you to work. Unless, it's during the school holidays or term breaks. You vowed to never let your dad step into the house again but having a soft spot for your dad, your mum couldn't bear to see him being all vulnerable. Hence, the cycle repeats. And just a day before, he has returned to borrow money from your mum without you knowing. You only found out when you took out your daily allowance from the biscuit box you had to store money. 

" Soo min ah, what's wrong. " Sehun said as he went forward and gave you a hug. 

You just stayed in sehun's arms for a good 5 minutes. You've never felt so comfortable around strangers and what's more is that you're in one's arms. Furthermore, sehun is just someone you met like 2 days ago.

You finally broke away after feeling stares and daggers sent towards you by passers-by. 

" I'm sorry, " you apologised for making a mess on sehun's blazer as you stepped away from him.

" And, I'm sorry cause I can't tell you much for now. Thanks for these couple of days. I appreciate it but it would be best if you stay away from me. " You told sehun.

" Well, just to let you know that once I decide on entering someone's life, it won't be easy for them to get rid of me. I'll be wherever and whenever you need me, okay. " Sehun said as he pat your head. 

" Thanks, really. But I need some alone time for now so, please don't follow me. " Sehun nodded and went back to his group of friends.

--------