Car Ride to School

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Chaeji. Chaeji. CHAEJI. WAKE. UP." 

"Ugh. Grandma, I don't want to wake up. I don't want to go to school." I groggily whined as I put my pillow over my head.

"Hanbin and Taehyung will be here soon. You don't want to make then wait, do you?" My grandma asked with her hands on her waist. She's right. As much as I'd love to stay in bed, its rude to let your guests wait. What can I say? I've learned from the best when it comes to manners, "You're also driving them there, remember?"

"Okay, grandma. Let me go get my uniform from the washing machine then." I said as I ascended from my bed to jog to the basement.

"Alright, darling." My grandmother replied as she walked out of my room to prepare breakfast.

 

 

 

"Grandma, you should go to school with me." I whined with a pout as I held onto my grandmother's hands.

"Chaeji. It's been years since you've asked me this, " she sighed, "No, I will not go to school with you. This is your last year in high school, and you're 17 years old. This is getting ridiculous, honey." My grandma replied. Ever since I've moved in with my grandma, I've been asking her to go to school with me every first day of school or every start of the semester. Every time I ask, she would always deny my request. As a child, she would make me take the bus with Hanbin and Taehyung instead of driving me to school. I guess she just wants me to explore the world, though I am very afraid to.

"Alright, grandma," I then hugged her, "Goodbye, see you after school." 

"Have fun, honey." She said as she smiled. 

"Let's go, guys." I commanded with Hanbin and Taehyung following behind me as we walked to my car. My car isn't much, it's just a light blue affordable car my grandma and I got from one of her old buddies. The radio works, and there's a sunroof. I don't really need much from a car. As long as it has a running engine, I'm satisfied.

 

 

 

The car ride so far has been pretty quiet. I guess Hanbin and Taehyung feel bad for me. With Taehyung sitting on my right, he touched my shoulder, "It's okay. Maybe next semester, huh?" 

I sighed, "Yeah. I guess." I answered as I signaled right with the blinker to then turned right, "I just I don't know, let's just think about something else." I added as I tried to get my mind off of my sadness.

"Hey guys, guess what?" Hanbin asked from behind us.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"What?" Taehyung asked as he turned his head back.

"Aside from today being a beautiful day, some of my dance team buddies are transferring to our school." Hanbin said with excitement in his voice, "You guys have to meet them. They are like  the best people ever."

Taehyung's face looked surprised from my peripheral vision, "Chinja? Some of my dance buddies will be transferring to our school too!"

"So both of your dance groups will be around, huh? What about me? I have no dance team buddies." I said with a straight face.

"Well, Chaeji, you aren't in a dance team, let alone dance." Hanbin sassily answered, "Join the track team or something, or I don't know, make friends, talk to people-"

Did he just say make friends?

I immediately stopped the car in the middle of the empty road upon hearing Hanbin utter those putrid words. I then turned around and angrily spewed from my mouth, "Excuse, me? I consider you guys to be my best friends! I talk to you guys! You can find another ride the next time you say that, Hanbin." I then stepped on the gas pedal with great force to start driving again. I was so angry at Hanbin. How dare he say that to me?

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

After Chaeji and Hanbin's little conflict that was merely minutes ago, I was left in my own world since I could not speak to either of them. If I did, then all hell would break loose and we would all die before we would get to school. Maybe I should say something, "Yah. Hanbin." He then looked over at me with sad eyes. Dammit. He knows that he's done wrong, "Um. That was mean...What you said to Chaeji was really mean." I can see this as a great way for them to make up before getting to school. I know for a fact that Hanbin will apologize and Chaeji would forgive him. Everything's going too be alright.

"I know. Chaeji, what I said to you was really mean, I was being an idiot, and I apologize for it-"

"I don't forgive you." She angrily spat with her eyes glued to the road.

"WHAT??" Both of us screamed.

"Don't talk to me in school, Hanbin. I don't want to see you. I'm ing done with your ." My eyes grew wide from her statement. I have never heard Chaeji, put two swear words in one sentence before, not unless she is furiously angry. Hanbin must have made her extremely angry, "You better find a ride home. I'm not your ing driver anymore, Hanbin." My mouth formed an "O" shape from that surprise. I looked behind to see Hanbin looking down at his feet as he chewed on his lip. I'll admit, that looked a bit feminine, but that must've been hard for him. I hugged my backpack tightly as the car finally stopped. Chaeji put the car in park which means that we've made it to school in one piece. I looked out the window to see that the outski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter