A Night Out With the Grandmas

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

​"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THE FOOD IS FINALLY HERE!!!"

"Taehyung! We are in a restaurant. Please lower your voice," Grandma Mul scolded, "Now can we just eat? It's already past my bed time."

"Okay, grandma," Taehyung willingly gave in while he brightly smiled at his grandmother.

After the dance competition which seemed to be hours, we all decided to eat at a nearby Korean barbeque restaurant since we were all hungry. The dance groups that were more renowned were able to snatch the winning spot. For groups like Hanbin's, Taehyung's, and Zelo's, their dances were considered just for show. To me, I find that ridiculous, but hopefully, the judges will notice how amazing every team actually is someday.

"Chaeji, is that you?" a familiar voice can be heard from the distance. Could that be a neighbor? Could that be someone from school?

I turned around to see Zelo standing directly above me, "H-hi." I stuttered with an awkward wave out. Strangely, I can feel all of the grandmothers at the table awing at Zelo's magnificent height since their eyes were only on him. Is he really something to look at, or do they like his height?

"Hey! I remember you!" Grandma Juseu chimed in, "You were that really tall dancer at the competition, right? Jello from bimbap?"

​Zelo chucked after her remark, "Ah. Yes, I am that tall dancer, but my name is Zelo, ot Jello, from B.A.P."

"Yah. What are you doing here?" Hanbin directly asked with cruelty in his voice, "We're trying to peacefully eat over here."

"I heard Mr. Ladybug over here screaming, then I saw Chaeji so I thought that I could stop by for a chat," Zelo smoothly replied, "But, it looks like you don't want me here, if you can excuse me, I-"

"No, you can stay," My grandmother quickly permitted. We all questioningly looked at my grandmother.

 

 

 

Grandma Uyu

​Jealousy, sassiness, and true feelings are all unveiling right in front of me. How can I let this opportunity go by? Especially since it's been a very long day. I know the other grandmas would agree with me on this. This is too good of an opportunity to pass by. 

"I would be glad to," Zelo answered as he sat down next to Chaeji, "I'll have to join my friends eventually, but sitting down shouldn't be too bad." Now, what is this boy up to?

As I look over to the boys, I can see Taehyung and Hanbin staring Zelo down. This will be interesting.

"So..." Zelo tried starting a conversation, "I heard you sing, V."

Taehyung looked at Zelo as if he were an idiotic walrus in the Sahara desert, "What's your point?"

"I'm just trying to start a conversation here, right Chaeji?" Zelo tried defending himself as he grabbed onto Chaeji's arm.

"Why are you touching me?" Chaeji sternly asked as she pried his arms off of her. Ooh. I've never seen Chaeji like this before...unless she's with Taehyung and Hanbin. 

"Yo, Zelo, let's eat!" One of s shouted across the restaurant.

"Ah, I'll see you guys in school then. Bye!" Zelo saluted as he scampered off with his buddies.

"Grandma, Grandma Juseu, Grandma Mul, don't talk to that boy. He's annoying." Chaeji commanded as she folded her arms. Really? Annoying? I find him to be gentle and kind. Why would she think of that?

"Agreed." Both Hanbin and Taehyung said as we all continued eating.

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

I am probably never going to eat in that wretched place again. Seeing the way Zelo touch Chaeji's arm made me furious. If that were my arm, I would burn my arm in a heart beat.

"Daebak! Look at that!" Chaeji pointed at a carousal in awe, "I haven't seen one in years!"

"Do you want to ride that, honey?" Grandma Uyu sweetly asked. Ever since we were kids, Chaeji had always been so fascinated with riding carousals. To me, it just brings back nostalgic memories that I would just hate to forget.

I quickly ran up to the cashier for the ride before Chaeji could even give an answer, "I'd like to pay for 6 adult tickets please!" I turned around to see their priceless expressions on their faces.

"What are you doing Taehyung?" Hanbin jokingly asked, "Do you want to ride that?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? We all are riding the carousal. We're all going to enjoy it, okay?" I brightly smiled as my lips made a box-like shape. I paid for the tickets and handed each person their tickets.

"Sweetie, I don't think I'll be able to ride this. I am much too old for these rides now," my grandmother confessed as she handed her ticket back to me, "I want you to take it so you can ride again."

I shook my head, "That's silly, grandma. You're not old to me. If you don't want to ride on the horses, you can always sit on the carriages that are in the ride. Carousals are for everyone."

My grandmother nodded her head with a soft smile, "Ah. Alright then. This will be fun." 

 

 

 

"I want to ride the blue horse!" Chaeji screamed in excitement.

"Are you kidding me? We're still claiming horses at this age?" Hanbin asked as he scoped the area for his horse. Both Chaeji and I knew for a fact that Hanbin was the most selective in terms of choosing a horse on a carousal. I doubt that he has grown out of that habit. I mean, come on, it's Hanbin.

I, too, quickly searched for a horse since I want to ride the perfect horse for me. Normally, I would choose to ride the orange horse. If there isn't any, then I would choose the green one. This place just better have an orange horse. "This one! I want this one!" I pointed towards one orange horse that I immediately spotted from a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter