A Pair of Mickey Mouse Ears

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

Ugh.Why do I feel so tired? Oh yeah. I'm in school.

School has barely started and I'm exhausted. I'd much rather go underwater basket weaving than go to school, considering how  tiring school is at the moment.

Okay. Not literally, but you get the idea. The lovely reunion yesterday with everyone's grandma was fun, but time quickly flew by! No one wanted to leave my house at 1AM because everyone insisted on watching a Lee Minho K-Drama marathon going into Hanbin's birthday. I mean, I get that he's a great actor and he's incredibly gorgeous, but it's a school night! Grandma Mul kept on insisting that Lee Minho was Hanbin's favorite actor, but I really just felt that our grandmas wanted to watch Lee Minho together. I didn't mind that, but the rest of us had school the next day. We all needed our sleep!

To compensate with that, we all just slept over at my house. I shared my bed with my Grandma, Grandma Mul slept in Grandma's bed, Grandma Mul slept in the guest room, and Taehyung and Hanbin slept in the living room. In my opinion, I guess that all worked out pretty well. The last time all of us  had slept in the same building was a year ago, after a  watching a scary movie at my house. We had a tiny gathering  with the grandmothers and grandchildren and after that one movie, we decided that it would be safe to stay over for the night. Oh, the things that a TV screen can do to people.

The morning after was when the real party started, mind you that we were all dead tired. The drive to school was just tiring. Although we've repeatedly showered Hanbin with 'Happy Birthdays,' they all sounded tiring and unemotional. Everyone in the car just fell asleep as soon as I put the car on drive. I wanted to do the same, but what kind of driver would I be if I just fell asleep while driving? A bad one, especially on Hanbin's birthday.

I looked behind me to see that both Taehyung's and Hanbin's heads were on the desk, since they were fast asleep. I think I should do the same. I mean, we only have 5 minutes until school officially begins, so I see no fault in that. I slowly closed my eyes and slipped my head onto my desk.

"Umma!" I hear from behind me. Is that Taehyung's voice?

"APPA, GET ME WATER" That sounds like Taehyung. He has a strange sleeping complex in which he screams in his sleep and strangely demands for water. I hear this from his family all the time, though I never actually have experienced these events myself throughout the times he's slept over at my house. I jolted from the continuous sounds of Taehyung's voice behind me, "Happy birthday, Hanbin!"

"Yah, Kim Taehyung! Stop screaming in my ear!" Hanbin shouted. I decided to brush this off to get some sleeping done. 

"Don't come closer, Ricardo. I don't speak German!" Taehyung continued on rambling in his sleep. Can't he lower his voice?

"The fûck, man," I hear a familiar voice speak, "Taehyung, what are you doing? Ricardo is not a German name. Ricardo is a Spanish name." Oh. That sounds like Zelo's voice.

I looked up at the time, there's only 2 minutes until school starts. There's no way in hell I can take a nap now, thanks to the lovely angelic voices of Kim Taehyung and Kim Hanbin.

"Yo Chaeji." Zelo greeted me as my head sprung up.

"Hello." I greeted back as I rubbed my eyes. Somehow, I don't feel weird around Zelo anymore. I don't know. I'm not shaking when he's in front of me, nor do I feel uncomfortable. I guess I don't need to set an appointment to go to the doctor's anymore. 

"What's up with Taehyung?" Zelo questioned me. I slowly blinked my eyes upon hearing him speak. Really? I don't feel like talking right now. I just want to go to sleep. 

Taehyung's head shot right up, "I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much, Zelo," Taehyung answered with sass in his voice with a slight smirk across his lips, "I'd also prefer you to refer to me as my dance name, V​, since we're dancers. You're not worthy of calling me by my birth name."

Zelo looked embarrassed from Taehyung's sudden demands, "Uh. Um. Okay. Sorry, dude."

Hanbin then whipped his head up from the desk upon overhearing the conversation, "I'd also like you to call me B.I since that's my dance name. Arasso?"

Zelo seemed confused upon the sudden demands from the boys. I just sat there quietly as my hand held onto my head with my arm propped onto my desk. 

Zelo then stuttered, "A-Arasso."

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

​When I first heard Zelo's voice in the morning I couldn't stand it. I wanted to strangle him. 

That Lee Minho marathon was not worth wasting precious sleeping time at all. Grandma Mul just kept insisting that Lee Minho is the birthday boy's favorite actor, in which I believe, but I just wanted to sleep.

Luckily, our grandmothers felt bad and Grandma Uyu was okay with everyone sleeping at her house last night. I didn't have to walk home and I slept in the same building as Chaeji. Overall, it wasn't all that bad. I just didn't have time to work on Hanbin's birthday present. Which reminds me, did Chaeji plan anything for Hanbin's birthday?

"Happy birthday!"  I shouted into Hanbin's ear. The boy needs to wake up. Class is starting any second.

"Yah. Shut up. Let the birthday boy sleep." Hanbin demanded as he covered his ears. I looked over at Chaeji, her eyes were shut and she was resting her head on her hand. It seems like we're all pretty tired from that marathon. Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind.

I tiptoed over to Chaeji's desk and whispered into her ear, "Did you plan anything for Hanbin's birthday?"

Her eyes opened wide as her head shot up, "Shî​t. I completely forgot about plans. I actually wanted to do something last night, but the marathon corrupted my time." She worrily confessed.

It looks like we're on the same boat, "We'll figure something out, okay? What classes are his dance buddies in?"

Chaeji gave me a dumbfounded look, "Dude, how would I know?"

"We'll just search around the school right now." I suggested. Hopefully that should work.

"Are you crazy? School is starting a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter