College Chronicles: Part 3

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not edited

Kim Chaeji

I honestly feel like it has been such a terrible start of the new school year.

Having said that, one, almost being late for my first class of the year, but also having to run into such a terrible person-turned-nonstop talker. I swear Mark is like those toys at Wal-Mart that doesn't shut up when you bump into them accidentally.

And now I'm suddenly rushing to my next class again?

I need to pull myself together.

The bad aspects that mark the start of the school will someone just continue to rise—I just know it. Notice that pun? 

"I know where our class is! There's a sign right here indicating where McCormmack Hall is!" Hanbin shouted as he pointed at the campus directory sign. Bless this boy for finding the campus directory.

"Hurry your up! College classes don't wait for you like our homeroom teacher did!" Taehyung chased after Hanbin.

I wonder if going to class will be like this everyday with these two...

 

 

 

Well this is awkward.

"Now that we're all seated with no student being tardy on the first day, let's all introduce ourselves to our groups, shall we? I will give you 10 minutes to speak with one another, and really get accustomed to your groups. You will be working in these same groups throughout the entire semester," The professor of the class explained as she walked away from our view to her desk. "Don't forget the first assignment is on the board. Please pass it in to me before class ends. You may leave after completing the assignment."

"Hi everyone, and Chaeji," A very familiar face from this morning flirtatiously waved at me, "My name is Mark, and I am a freshman. I am pleased to be your fellow group mate." Did Mark not understand what had actually happened earlier? How the hell is Mark in this class anyway?

Taehyung didn't seem like he would speak. He seemed as if he were just glaring at Mark—the fact that Mark seems unfazed by this amazes me. Back when Taehyung spoke up against Mark, he seemed frightened. When did this confidence come back? It looks like I'll step up to the challenge of introducing myself and probably the rest of us, "Hi, I'm Chaeji. I'm a freshman, along with these two right here, Taehyung and Hanbin."

After that it just got awkward.

I didn't know what to say, and when I looked over at the two, they didn't seemed like they wanted to talk either.

Is this class going to be like this for the whole semester?

"So..." Hanbin finally spoke up as he cleared his throat, "I think I've seen you around before? You a dancer?"

Mark looked him in the eye, then placed his chin on his backpack that laid upon his desk, "Yeah..." He paused for what seemed like an eternity, "Are you?"

Honestly this conversation is going nowhere, "How else would I recognize you?" Hanbin retorted as he suppressed attitude that was almost too apparent in his tone, "Where else could I have seen you from?"

"Dunno." Mark nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders, "You could be a fan."

I don't like where this is going one bit. "Nope. We will not be fighting." I stepped into the once ongoing conversation. "We will be all be civilized beings when in this classroom." I sternly looked at the two, then Taehyung. "Unless you'd rather fail the course, because I don't have time for that."

"Look, I was just trying to create a conversation in this group." Hanbin explained himself, "If you can read the atmosphere, I'm sure we're all pretty uncomfortable with it."

"Are you trying to pick a fight with that response?" Mark retorted as he sat back in his seat with folding his arms sternly.

"It sounded like you were just trying to flirt with Hanbin, but that's just me," Taehyung commented as he sipped his canned green tea.

"Unbelievable." I rolled my eyes, "Can we please avoid a fight in this class?"

Hanbin looked over at me, "Am I using my fists?"

I took a deep breath, "No," Can he not stoop to this level? "We need to start the first group assignment." Then I pointed over to Taehyung and Hanbin, and then towards Mark, "Get along. You guys should apologize or just do anything that will put this ridiculousness behind."

Taehyung then pouted, "Look," He started off, "Let's just get along at least for this class, and our time in dance and at university. We'll be seeing each other anyway. It would just be awkward to not do anything when you know someone."

Atta boy!

"Taehyung's got a solid point." Hanbin combed his hair with one hand before he continued  to speak, "Even if we don't like each other now or even in the future, we should savor the moments that we all have together, weather it be from suffering in class, or sweating when dancing, point is, it's not like we'll be surrounded by each other for the rest of our lives."

Well damn. I didn't expect our Hanbin to be so eloquent with his words. 

"Not exactly sure how we started off on the wrong foot, but y'all seem like a chill group."  Mark confessed, "Let's try to work together for the sake of this class at the very least. I'd rather have more friends than enemies."

I smiled at everyone in our group, "I appreciate the fact that we are all on the same boat." I then grabbed a pencil from my backpack, "So let's start our first assignment together!"

"Uh." Mark uttered as he looked at the board.

"Our assignment was to write down everyone's name on a sheet of paper." Taehyung explained as he looked at the board then to me, "Possibly for attendance purposes?"

I rolled my eyes, "W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter