Might as Well Call Me Julius Caesar, Because the Both of You are Clearly Brutus

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

Of all things unnatural, something strange happened yesterday.

I just can't seem to stomach that eventful moment.

It's as if it was all a dream, but was it all just a dream?

Taehyung and I?

Did that actually happen?

Suddenly, I can feel my cheeks pink up, and a smile soon crept onto my face.

So it did actually happen.

"Chaeji," Grandma called from the living room, "Aren't you meeting up with Taehyung and Hanbin to talk about college for the day? Get out of bed already!"

I scurried out of my bed after hearing her commands. I mean, I'm just over thinking things, right? "What are you talking about, grandma? O course I'm awake!"

She chuckled, "Sure, Chaeji, sure. Just get back before the rain starts. I hear there's going to be a storm tonight, and I don't want any teen driving accidents."

I looked out the window to see dark clouds, "Grandma, I'll be fine. I feel like the rain will start soon." After finishing with my daily routines, I walked down the stairs, "I'll be eating some breakfast before leaving."

"Don't you want to eat breakfast with Taehyung?"

I quickly spun my head around towards grandma. So it wasn't a dream! "B-bwoh?"

She patted my shoulder, "It's only natural for couples to do things together."

I shook my head, "Grandma, I-"

"Shh," She put her finger against my lips, "Say no more." With that, she left the room, and up the stairs.

I blinked several times. What was that for?

Is she trying to say that we've already don-

Nope. I'm not getting there, "You're wrong, grandma! Wrong!" I shouted up the stairway.

Aish. Grandma and her assumptions.

 

 

 

"You know, we can all go to neighboring colleges. We don't have to go to the same ones." Taehyung suggested after taking a sip of his strawberry milk, "And it's not like we all applied to the most prestigious universities in the nation, or applied to schools out of the country so we won't be too far, or too busy. Anyway, let's just try to finish this up. I think I can hear thunder from the storm."

I paused to listen for the thunder, "I hear it too." We both gave each other a look.

Is this our couple telepathy?

Maybe I'm just over-thinking things.

"No, we have to go to the same school. How else can Triple Kim dominate?" Hanbin questioned while snacking on Sour Cream and Onion flavored Pringles. With a stuffed mouth, narrowed his eyes at Taehyung and continued, "Taehyung, don't spill that pink milk on the couch. My dad says this couch is very expensive."

"You got it, dude." Taehyung hilariously imitated Michelle Tanner from Full House. "Oh and by the way, wheres Hanbyul?"

"She's in the house somewhere." Hanbin carelessly replied while continuing to look through his lists of pros and cons for each of his schools.

That's strange, "Aren't you supposed to be babysitting her?"

Hanbin kept his silence, "...Yes."

"Then where is she-"

"Hi Taehyung!" An adorable voice echoed from the hallway.

I spun my head around, "Hanbyul! You look as cute as ever!" I bent down and opened my arms for her to run into me.

Instead, she ran towards Taehyung who was carefully drinking his strawberry milk. Oh how can I forget. She is completely in love with Taehyung.

"Taehyung, how are you?" Hanbyul flirtatiously asked while twirling her hair. I can honestly say that she is better at flirting than me. Where does she get this influence from? I mean, she's just a mere toddler!

"I'm alright. Thank you for asking. How are you doing, 'Byul?" He asked after finishing his strawberry milk.

I swear I can see her inner fan girl at Taehyung calling her 'Byul'—not that I'm jealous or anything. She's a mere toddler afterall.

"You know, I've been waiting for you..." She started off as she sat adjacent to him, "But since you're here, I'm happy."

"Aww." I commented as a bystander. Watching this is just too adorable for words.

Hanbin looked at me with a disgusted face, "She's a toddler. That's considered illegal."

"Not if he her. Then that would be considered illegal, " I bluntly replied. "She's so adorable. I'm like obsessed with your sister's cuteness!"

Hanbin slyly wrapped his arms around my shoulders, "She doesn't really like you, you know."

I slowly nodded my head, "I'm aware of that."

"But I like you."

Before I could utter a single word, someone else spoke up, "Yah! Don't say that to my girlfriend."

"What?" Hanbin asks as he stood up from the couch, "What did you say?" He narrowed his eyes at both Taehyung and I with his hands on his hips while Hanbyul ran to her room, "Chaeji is still trying to decide."

Seeing that this won't end so well, I thought I'd ease the tension, "Hanbin, listen, you don't need to be so riled up about this. How about you sit down, and-"

"That's right, you !" Taehyung jumped up from his couch, "You're just lucky I finished my strawberry milk!"

This is not how I wanted the day to go. "Yah!" I shouted, "You guys need to calm the down."

"Why should I?" Hanbin's sharp words attacked my suggestion.

Thinking of a quick explanation, I continued, "Because this is an expensive couch." I pointed out.

"Chaeji. Now is not the time to be talking about that damn couch!" Taehyung clarified.

"Yes it is!" I continued to fight for my argument.

Suddenly, there was a sudden shift in the conversation, "Why didn't you guys tell me earlier? I bet my chest wouldn't feel so much pain if you guys had told me any sooner."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter