A Race

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Hanbin

"So are we actually going to build a snowman? I think we really should." Taehyung asked as we all walked under the glowing summer sunset, away from the bus stop. 

Is he kidding? I mean, we're best friends and all, but sometimes, I can't tell through his mind anymore.

He's 17 years old for crying out loud! 

"No, we are not building a freakin' snowman," I hastily answered. I slightly looked over at Chaeji to see what she's been up to on our walk. Out of embarrassment, I slightly looked away before she would see anything as I pulled the visor of my snapback over my face. 

Hopefully no one noticed anything.

From the corner of my eye, I can sense Chaeji's eyes on me, "Yah, why are you hiding your face?" Chaeji yelled as she walked up to me. I can feel my face turning red. Why is she standing so close to me?

"I can think this way. None of you guys are giving any input on this trip." I said with my face behind my snapback as I quickly flicked her forehead. Ugh how stupid of me. I didn't mean to flick her forehead so hard.

"Yah! Kim Hanbin! What's your problem???" Chaeji screamed as she covered her forehead, "That really hurt." She then stormed over to Taehyung who was walking ahead of us as he spotted a butterfly. Really? At a time like this?

"Taehyung, let's run away from Hanbin! he'll never catch up!" Chaeji said as she pulled onto Taehyung's arm. 

The sight of that just made me feel funny.

Both of them are my best friends so why am I feeling this way? Plus, I'll admit, it's true that I can't catch up with the both of them. They are fast runners. We've raced each other years ago, though it should be different now. All of us have developed since then. I've also been dancing with my group lately, so this would be quite interesting.

"Hey guys! Wait up! Let's have a race!" I shouted as I waved my arms in the air getting their attention.

The both turned around to look at me.

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

​Kim Hanbin wants to race us? Is he kidding right now? He's a turtle when it comes to running.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but since he's one of my best friends, I obviously know that for a fact, "A race? Kim Hanbin challenging us to a race?" I jokingly questioned as I nudged Chaeji's shoulder. She looked at Hanbin.

"Are you serious? Maybe you're sick or something. You've been acting strange lately." Oh Chaeji, always worried about others. It's no wonder why you have such a sweet heart.

"Guys! I'm fine! Really! It's just been a while since we've raced each other! Plus, whoever wins should decide where we'll go for our friendship celebration! Isn't that a great idea?" Hanbin exclaimed. Hmm, it sounds fun, and I'm up for the challenge.

"Sure, why not?" I crossed my arms, "I'm up for the challenge." I said as I smirked. 

I'm not exactly sure where I want to bring them, but I want to win. We've all grown since the last time we've raced so this surely will be fun. I've also been dancing with my group so that would probably boost my stamina and speed altogether.

It's a win-win situation for me.

"Okay." Chaeji replied with a smile. She looks so pretty smiling.

I feel like my whole body froze just by looking at her.

 

 

 

Kim Chaeji

This will definitely be fun. I recently have been running since grandma told me I looked fat one time. 

My right side of my lip tugged upward into a smirk. This is the perfect chance to use my running ability. Grandma will be so proud of me.

"Since we're at the park, I feel that this is a necessary course to rac-"

"Okay we get it, Hanbin. Where's the path?" Taehyung said as he cut off Hanbin. What a 5 year old. He probably already has an idea for the celebration. Whereas I haven't had the slightest idea.

"There!" I pointed out, "We can stop at the tree." It was a straight path that looked about 100 meters or so. It's a pretty reasonable distance if you ask me, but then again, I run. I'm not quite sure if the boys are up for it or not since it's more of a sprint than run kind of race. That's what makes it even more fun.

"Hmm okay." Hanbin said as he started stretching on the side of the walk path where the grass was. It seemed like a pretty good idea if you ask me. It's like our very own Olympic style race right in the neighborhood park. We might as well gather an audience while we're at it.

"Looks good." Taehyung agreed. He then did a split in the middle of the walk path. Was that necessary?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter