Empty

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Wow the hospital is exactly as I remembered it." Taehyung was in awe as he scoped every nook and cranny of the hallway—from the floor tiles, to the room numbers, there was nothing that could stop Taehyung.

"Well, we were here yesterday..." I chuckled as we finally were able to reach grandma's hospital room after such an agonizing day.

I'm so glad that I can finally see grandma. I had to wait for so long just to see her! Luckily, teachers have been giving me a break because of my accident that just so happens to be the school's latest gossip. From teachers, that means no homework! From other kids, I just don't want to deal with empty condolences like 'Are you okay?' or 'Get well soon'.

Aside from that, the track team is also giving me some time to heal before I get to practice. Our next meet isn't until another two weeks so I'll be able to heal until then. 

Hanbin laughed along while nudging Taehyung's hair. "Did you forget already?"

"...No." Taehyung said in an audible whisper.

It's been such a long day, but this is the moment that will make it all worth it. I can finally see grandma!

"Grandma, I'm here!" I excitedly shouted as I rushed into her assigned room.

"Oh! See? I told you that you could do it!" She cheered as she sat upright on her bed, "Now give me a hug!"

I happily hugged her back, "So what's the hospital like? Anyone giving you a hard time?"

She chuckled, "Not at all! Juseu and Mul were here last night to stay with me. Other than that, I have tests to run through at 5PM."

"Ohh. Taehyung also has practice starting at 5." I nodded along, "Well, hopefully you'll be home sooner if these tests run well."

"It's a possibility, but we'll see." She turned her head behind me to see Taehyung and Hanbin, "Hello, boys! Just come right in and take a seat anywhere you want!"

They both greeted her and raced to the comfy chair as soon as they stepped foot into the room before I continued talking with her. "So what was it like without me? I'm sure you didn't have any problems, right?" She started off, "Taehyung and Hanbin were there with you..."

Taehyung, who was happily chewing away on his granola bar with Hanbin on his lap began to choke after hearing grandma utter her last sentence.

After regaining his composure, he waved his hands, "I'm all good. Please continue your conversation."

I didn't want to tell her everything that happened yesterday, especially when Taehyung was so close to me. I mean, he's right here in this room. That would just be too embarrassing to say out loud in the first place. What will be his reaction? What will be my reaction? I'll tell her once we're back at home. I looked back at grandma, "Well, obviously it was tough without you. I should have stayed in the hospital with you, but I feel better about it now." Smooth, huh?

"So would you be okay by yourself for the rest of the week?" One of her eyebrows rose.

My mouth opened wide, "Grandma!"

"I'm not joking, Chaeji! I just wanted to know if you could do that on your own."

I scratched my cheek while thinking to myself. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet. Knowing that Taehyung and Hanbin were there made me feel more comfortable, and of course safe. I don't want to be a burden to the two since their families probably already miss them, but can I stay home by myself?

"I'll try that tonight. I'll try to see if I can be by myself for one night."

Both my grandma's and the boys' eyes grew wide.

"A-Are you sure?" She asked as she held onto my arm, "You've never done this before."

"Hmm. I just want to try this out. What could go wrong?" This isn't a complete lie. I do want to test myself, but at the same time, I'm slightly scared.

Grandma then looked at the boys. They looked back and had a correspondent look in their eye. It's like they're sending each other a message, but what kind of message could this be?

This is freaking me out. Someone needs to say something.

"Okay. What's going on right now?" I finally asked while folding my arms.

Taehyung readjusted his sitting position, "What do you mean, Chae?"

Hanbin brightly beamed, "Nothing's going on right now."

"You're so silly, Chaeji!" Grandma added on with enthusiasm.

 

Strange, but I'll let this slide.

 

 

 

Kim Hanbin

​"Ugh. I'm late for practice!" Taehyung suddenly panicked as he picked up his school bag, and other belongings. "I'll see you guys tomorrow. Bye!" He waved then sprinted off into the hallways.

Why didn't he check the time any earlier? Silly, silly, Tae Tae.

"More chair for me!" I comfortably sat in the chair that Taehyung previously sat on.

"You do realize we have to leave soon," Chaeji mindlessly pointed out while clicking the remote control to change channels

"You mean now?" Grandma Uyu corrected.

Chaeji's face expressed confusion, "What do you mean by no-" Her eyes faltered towards the clock on the wall, "It's already time for your testing, huh?"

Uyu somehow faked her next set of actions. I know her just as well as Chaeji to know these things. She's definitely giving off a signal to me, "Sorry, Chaeji. I know you wanted to stay, but you also have homework to finish."

Chaeji softly shook her head before replying, "Actually, I-"

"It's alright, dear, I understand. Don't you need to go to the bathroom?"

"I do!" Chaeji mindlessly jogged out of the room to release whatever she had to release from her system.

"Okay, Hanbin, come over here. I know she'll be back any minute." It's as if Uyu suddenly switch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter