College Chronicles: Part 2

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not edited

Kim Chaeji

"You."

A familiar, voice filled with anger could be heard throughout the lecture hall. I can feel everyone's head turning towards the voice as silence now filled the room.

I looked up from my phone to see the commotion, but was that the right choice? 

The guy at the door was dead- piercing knives into my eyes through his gaze and I immediately froze that kid is scary as hell. Maybe he wasn't looking at me? I looked at the empty seats next to me, and tried looking at the girls in front of me but his gaze still hasn't moved from where they were.

He then started waking up the aisle through each and every row and somehow stopped at mine to walk towards me.

Well.

This is the end of me.

I should have stayed home with Grandma today.

Or I shouldn't have gone to college.

"You're the girl that-"

I raised my hands above my head and held them together as I closed my eyes, "I'msosorryIdidn'tmeantoopenthedooronyourorpulldownyour-"

He put his hands over my mouth, "Okay okay okay!" he shook his head, "You don't have to say the next part."

I quickly nodded my head. Who knows what he'll do next. He could be a school shooter for all I know. I pulled his hand down, "You know what, we've started on a bad foot. We both got even so let's move on. It's nice to meet you, I'm Kim Chaeji." I said nervously as I extended my arm for a handshake. I'm not sure if this was a good idea, or if this was a bad idea, but I'm doing this to live.

He looked at my shaky arm with disgust before exhaling a long breath, "Alright. Alright. Deal. We'll call this even...for now. The name's Mark Tuan." He plopped himself into the chair right next to mine.

The girls in front of me whipped their heads around, "Oh my god you're right, it's him." One girl whispered to the other. Okay we get it.

I tried to quietly pick up my things to find another seat before he started talking again, "Are you trying to run away from me?" Dammit. Caught in the act.

"No?" I stammered as if it were a question, "Are you trying to sit next to me?" I mirrored his question as I quietly started to place my folder into my backpack.

"Honestly, why are you still packing your things? I'm trying to talk to you right now. Do you think I'm dumb?" He huffed and then extended his arm so that he could have a grip on my arm to pull me down so I could sit, "Sit down."

I clicked my tongue, "I'm not a dog, you know. I can sit when I want to."

"Alright class get into your seats, we'll begin class now," The professor announced clearly.

He rolled his eyes, "Okay. I didn't mean to sound that way."

I tried to loosen his grip, "Yeah okay."

"Oh come on, just sit next to me. You've already chosen to sit here and class is about to begin," He added. Oh my god what does he want?

I looked him dead in the eye, "Look, kid-"

"The name's Mark Tuan. If you're going to tell me something, then address me. It's not that hard," He cut me off and slid in a smirk.

"Excuse me, ma'am," The professor suddenly called.

I looked around to see the victim, but it turns out, all eyes were on me, and all focus was on me, "M-Me?" I hesitantly asked just to make sure.

"Please just sit down." As I was about to walk away, I suddenly was grabbed onto and landed in my original seat.

Dammit.

I looked over at Mark with lasers beaming out of my eyes, but it turns out, it was just my imagination.

He smirked once again in triumph, "This is going to be one hell of a semester, friend."

The hell? Friend? "I think you've been mistakened, Mark." I made sure to emphasize his name. "We're just classmates."

"Now, if you all can please pass these contracts throughout the classroom. This is a contract of agreement that you as students will have to fill out. If you fill them out today, you will immediately have 5 extra credit points. After you are done filling out the contracts, quietly wait for the rest of your classmates. We will then begin going over the syllabus," The professor announced as she was passing out the contracts and syllabi for everyone in class, "If there are extras, please hand them to me."

 

 

"What major are you?"

"No."

"What city are you from?"

"No."

"Is your high school around here?"

"No."

That somehow sparked a light in his eye, "You answered one of my questions." He then began to smile slyly.

"No." I responded with annoyance in my tone.

"Can we just have a normal conversation?" Mark asked as he continued to follow me through the hallway.

I rolled my eyes, "Mark, it's been 5 minutes since class has ended. You don't have to follow me." Does he have a dense skull? Does he not understand the context here? He's been asking me questions ever since lecture had ended. "You should go meet up with your friends. I'm meeting up with mine." Aka Taehyung and Hanbin.

"Aye now this is a conversation," He chucked as he scratched his hair, "My friends are all in class right now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter