Tell Me

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Taehyung?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I stood at my front door in a confused state. I mean, I just finished eating dinner by myself. If he wanted to eat dinner, he could have at least stopped by earlier. I guess that's just not the case for Taehyung. "It's already 10 at night."

"I just finished practice," he blankly answered while pointing towards his duffel bag and backpack.

That doesn't explain anything.

I slowly nodded to go along with whatever he was trying to do, "Okay, so why are you here?"

"How's your grandma?" He tried walking into the house, "I didn't see her today."

Using my body, I firmly stood in front of the door, "Taehyung."

"How has living alone been like?" He tried charging into my house—which ultimately failed once again.

"Taehyung," I used a stern tone, not moving from where I stood.

"Has Jihyun bothered you?" He seemed to have given up on barging into my house. That's strange, considering how persistent he can be. What's gotten into him?

"Taehyung," I said once more.

He then heaved a heavy sigh before bowing down, "Look, Chaeji, can you please let me in? I'll tell you what's been happening."

To bring Taehyung in, or not?

That is the question.

I stood away from the open door frame, "Fine, but as long as you don't stink up the house. You reek of sweat, considering you just came back from practice. I want grandma to know that the house has been the same since she's left."

He then smiled as he walked in with ease, "I'll try my best, Chae. There are no promises."

 

 

 

Taehyung has been sitting on my living room floor for a whole hour. During that time, I managed to finish all of my homework assigned for the night, and doing the laundry. This isn't normal behavior coming from him at all. Something must've really happened to him, but what could it be?

Did he kill someone?

"Okay, so tell me what's up? You've been sitting on my living room floor for a whole hour. The Taehyung I know would do no such thing," I cautiously strolled over to the couch closest to him. I mean, you can't be too close in proximity to a killer, right? Am I right? "Please?"

"Alright," He sat up, "Long story short, I'm avoiding my parents right now."

Well that's a bummer. I was expecting a murder story.

I blinked numerous amounts of times before continuing, "Why would you do that? They're probably worried sick about you. They probably called the cops by now."

Ignoring my last sentence, he looked away in pain, "I know...I know they're worried about me, but I just need some time, you know?"

I raised a brow, "Time for what?"

"Time to think about college. After sending in applications, and getting acceptance letters, I thought, 'Is this what I really want to do for the rest of my life?' My parents want me to do business management. What if I don't like it from the start? What if I'm away from everyone at college? What if..." Taehyung paused to look away. "Forget it."

"What if?" I asked as I positioned myself onto the ground to sit next to him, knowing that he isn't a killer, "What if what?"

"I said forget it." He turned to face the opposite direction from me.

I grabbed his shoulders and shook him from behind, "Tell me!"

"Don't be so persistent." Taehyung folded his arms, "That's my job in this friendship."

"Tell me, tell me, t-te-te-te-te-tell me," I sang. Taehyung, you better sing along. If not, you're completely out of whack.

He got up from where he sat and looked right into my eye. I panicked from his sudden actions, "What if I'm away from you!?" He screamed. My body suddenly froze. "That thought always lingers in my mind. I can't seem to let go of the fact that you'd be left without me...or Hanbin. What will happen to Triple Kim then, huh? I just don't want to face my parents about college, because I just don't know what to do anymore." He started to breathe heavily.

I deeply looked into his eyes, "Well, Taehyung, you're not alone." My voice began to crack, "Have you ever thought about life after high school? I have. Several times. Inside my heart, I know that Triple Kim will always be there for me, but right now, I feel like we all need to find our own paths. That doesn't mean we have to separate, but we need to do what's best for ourselves. We shouldn't be each other's set-backs, but a step forward in life."My breath hitched as a tear dropped from my eye, "The number one thought that always comes back to haunt me when it comes to the future talk is about my grandma. I love her to death, but I can't just abandon her when I attend college, She's the only family that supports me." A lump grew in my throat as more tears spilled through my eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter