Decisions to Make

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Edited

Kim Chaeji

"Chaeji, look, you really didn't have to come with us. You could have gone to celebrate your team's victory with your teammates. It's your last time with them," Grandma suggested as she was preparing salad for our own gathering.

Just a quick recap, my grandma and I planned on having a gathering for my last meet. Somehow, she overheard Jungah talking about a track party that everyone was invited to and immediately thought that I should go as well. It's not that I don't have friends on the track team, it's just that I'm not as close with them as everyone else on the team. They have their people, and I have mine. There's nothing wrong with that.

"Don't worry about it. I knew about the party even before the meet. I just don't want to go," I lightly chuckled while placing forks and spoons on the dining room table, "Which reminds me, how exactly are my parents here right now?" This was the one question I've been wanting to ask grandma since the meet. They suddenly appeared at the meet, and now they're sitting in the living room with iKON, BTS, and grandma's friends.

It's quite unexpected if you ask me.

"Before I answer, I just want to know how long it will take for the pizza to arrive."

"Only 10 more minutes," I eagerly replied. I want a proper response.

She stopped what she was doing, "I'm the one that invited them. I felt that since your mother used to love track, might as well watch your daughter run her last high school track meet."

As much as I can't stand my parents' actions, I understand what she means, but I also feel that there's an ulterior move behind it, "Is that it? Is that the only reason you invited them? Somehow, it feels like there's more than just that." These things just don't add up.

She took a deep breath, "Chaeji, look, we have guests in the living room right now. Can we talk about this when there's less people in the house?"

As long as it will get grandma to talk, "Alright then. I'll get back to setting the table."

 

 

 

"So that was when Donghyuk decided that it was okay to bring that stray dog home!" Junhoe clapped his hands in excitement, arousing the others to do the same. He then faced the boy, "Donghyuk, you're a great person, but that could have been someone else's pet."

Donghyuk firmly placed his plate of pizza on the table in shock, "Yah you didn't have to tell everyone that story! Now everyone is going to think I'm crazy!"

I suddenly had an urge to look over at my parents. Somehow, they seem to really enjoy this atmosphere that we've created through this little get-together. It's not like I see my parents everyday, but it's somewhat pleasant.

Is that a bit of a stretch? There's no stench of alcohol. As their only daughter, I'm actually proud of what I'm seeing right now. In fact, this could be the proudest moment I've ever had of my parents.

As if my mother felt eyes on her, she slowly turned towards my direct and we suddenly made eye contact.

What do I do?

She then smiled at me. It felt like there was no other choice but to smile back at her.

"Yah!" My attention broke away from my mom, "I dare you to put kimchi on your pizza!" Jin suddenly screamed with a hint of his voice cracking. He held out his hand for a high five, but no one responded.

Jinhwan laughed, "Hyung, that sounds too good to eat. I wouldn't consider that a dare." He placed kimchi on top of his pizza, "But I'm doing it anyway. I can't pass up this glorious opportunity." Jin folded his arms with content as he nodded along.

Jungkook chuckled, "You guys are hoes, I do that all the time to my pizza."

"Juseu, dance for us!" Mul shouted as she chased Hanbin's grandma around the house.

"Just because my grandson can dance doesn't mean that I can."

There were so many conversations going on in the house that made the atmosphere more and more enticing. The whole environment seemed really warm and welcoming. This is what home really feels like—being with people you care about, and vice versa.

Would this be a good time to ask grandma about my parents?

I looked over to my grandma, and I had a warm feeling in my stomach. She's enjoying her time with her friends. There's no way I want to ruin their moment.

Someone then tapped on my shoulder, "Chaeji, I just lost a bet so now I have to put on a hundred layers of foundation. So...can you help me with that?" 

I turned to see the culprit, and, of course, it was none other than Taehyung, "Are you serious? What was the bet?"

He whispered into my ear, "I had to drink a sweaty sock."

That is absolutely disgusting.

Quickly, I pushed him away, "Don't kiss me, or put your lips near me for a whole month. That's nasty as hell, Tae."

"Bwoh?" H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter