Chapter 3

Given Up

 

 

 


 

 

"And then I was like what the hell cause he was the one who bumped into me and then he told me to just pluck out my eyes and never use them. Who does he think he is?! What an annoying little rat I hope I won't ever have to see his face ever again!" Shannon complained while stomping her feet in her sister-in-law's office, trying to get her attention.

 "You're not even listening to my story, I've been wasting my saliva all these time." She continued.

 "Park Jiyeon's a pig. She's a shrek. Aish, YAH!" 

 "Hmm? Oh Shannon you're here!" Jiyeon said, snapping out of her day dream.

 "Yeah about time you realised my presence, psh it's okay I'll just find someone else to complain to."

 Jiyeon scoffed and waved her goodbye. Looking down at her table, there's a lot of things to do. Piles and piles of work that's due in 4 days' time.

 "Mrs Kim?" An intern said excitedly, popping his head through the door. "Yes Junhoe, what is it?"

 "These are for you!" He said as he awkwardly looked around the clustered desk for space. "Just give it to me. By any chance-" "And, it's not from me!" Junhoe quickly cut her off while crossing his arms.

 "How do you know what I was about to say?" Jiyeon narrowed her eyes playfully while letting out a soft chuckle at Junhoe's flustered face, clearly teasing him. "Well it's because... oh look I've gotta go now, good bye." He replied quickly while bowing to her.

 Jiyeon laughed while looking at his retreating figure.

'Such a cute guy' she thought.

She took a look at the card and began to frown,

 

 Jiyeon,

            I'm sorry couldn't spend a lot of time with you but I would really like to speak to you in my office now.

KMS

 She bit her lip amd grabbed her purse, leaving her messy table to be organised for later. Right now, all she had in mind is to have the "talk" that her husband wanted to talk about.

 As soon as Jiyeon's inside the lift, she untied her hair and sprayed herself with perfumes. Retouching her make up with some hot pink lipstick and shorten her skirt. 

 The hall seemed more crowded than usual days and that's when Jiyeon remembered Myungsoo telling her that he'll be having a small party in the office. Jiyeon squeezed her way through the crowd while muttering some "sorry" as she pass by. As soon as she reached her husband's office, she tidied herself once more and knocked and opened the door.

 "Hey." Myungsoo greeted her with a grin.

 "So what do you want to talk about?" Jiyeon asked, waving the card in the air with a smile.

 His smile fell but he immediately put on a fake one for her. "I'm sad, why are you in a rush to talk?" Myungsoo pouted, obviously teasing her. "Thanks for the flowers anyways, they're lovely." Jiyeon replied as she pecked his lips. 

 Myungsoo was about to lean in and kiss her again when.....

"Mr Kim?" Kangjun came in, interupting their moment. Both of them groan at the sudden interuption. "Kangjun?" Myungsoo pulled Jiyeon closer by her waist.

 "We wanted to confirm all the paperwork to London and have you already prepared for the plane ticket tonight Sir?" Kangjun mentioned. Jiyeon immediately backed away from Myungsoo and looked at him with wide eyes. 

 What's going on? She thought. 

Myungsoo gave her a brief "I'll explain later" glance and went outside to speak with Kangjun privately. Minutes pass by and Jiyeon had been waiting for half an hour. She stepped out of his office to see both of them gone. She went downstairs and asked the security guard, Hanbin.

 "Hanbin, have you seen Mr Kim?" She asked him. "Yes, he went out with Mr Seo half an hour ago." 

 At that moment, she was confused and shocked. Why would he leave her in the office without saying anything. 

 "Mrs Kim?" he called her. "You dropped this." He continued as he hand her a white piece of card.

 "Oh how clumsy of me, thank you Hanbin." She gave him a smile.

 "Well my dearest sister-in-law, you have always been clumsy. You need Myungsoo by your side to take care of you." Shannon mentioned as she walked towards Jiyeon. "Well how long have you been there creeper?" Jiyeon . "Well even if I tell you wouldn't listen to me, as always." 

"Anyways Jiyeon-ah, would you like to stay with me in my apartment for now? It'll be a bore for you to stay by yourself for a year alone." Shannon suggests. "Wait, who said anything about living alone?" Jiyeon asked in a teasingly manner, thinking that she was just joking around. 

"No way. Don't tell me you're following Myungsoo to London?! I'm not gonna allow you to do so! Who will accompany me and hear my rants then," Shannon pouted. "What are you talking about? What? London?!" Jiyeon exclaimed, surprised. 

"Myungsoo didn't tell you about it did he?" Shannon gasped. "What? About what? Am I the only one who doesn't know anything?" Jiyeon asked desperately, tears almost coming out from her eyes.

"He needs to go to London for some business." Shannon said. "For 1 year?! No, it can't be. You're lying right? Tell me it's just a joke. It's our 3rd Anniversary today!! No, I need to talk to him. I'll be going first Shannon."

"Wait Jiyeon-ah!" But the poor girl had already run far away from her.

 

***

 

 "Karam oppa! Help me lock the doors to my office please, I need to rush home. Thank you!" Jiyeon hung up on the call even before he could reply her.

 As soon as she reached her apartment, she ran up to the bedroom at once, not bothering to close the front door. There he was, standing in front of her with a huge luggage by his side. 

 

"How could you?"

 

 


 

 

An update after a long period of time! Sorry I got lazy ><

 Comment and subscribe!

See you soon xoxo