Chapter 8

Given Up

 

 


 

 

One day left... She kept reminding herself that. Jiyeon bit her fingernails as she looked at the TV. She was supposed to watch her favorite show  on the TV but her mind was too busy chanting the words 'one day left' over and over again. Excited? Nope. She's nowhere near excited. Instead, she was worried. 

She grabbed the remote control and turned up the volume to the maximum to distract her thoughts. She then took her handbag and double check the things that she needed to carry along in the plane. Passports, headphones, pen, some emergency make up kit to freshen up during the long journey and some pills in case she gets nauseous.

The knock on her front door startled her as she accidentally dropped her handbag on the floor. She quickly went to her room, grabbed her sweatpants and quickly wore it over her shorts.... in case some unwanted visitors (coughs her ex-husband/boss coughs) decided to come and visit her. Opening the door, her eyes widened as both of her ex-sister-in-laws stood in front of her.

"Hey," Shannon started awkwardly.

"Umm, yeah hi."

Jessica looked at both of them curiously before stepping forward and gave Jiyeon a warm hug.

Stepping aside, Jiyeon invited both sisters in her apartment.

"So... you excited?" Jessica asked as she sat on the couch, looking at Jiyeon with anticipation in her eyes.

"I'm not sure if I'm actually excited or not. It's just you know, it feals surreal! I mean if it's someone else other than Myungsoo I might actually feel excited." Jiyeon replied with a shrug.

"Although I have not experience what you're feeling yet but okay.. You ready to leave your farewell to everyone here then?" Jessica added with a laugh.

"Maybe, though the environment will be completely different, I think it might help me to get my mind off of things for awhile." Jiyeon replied as she went to the kitchen to get some drinks for the three of them.

"Before I forget, Tyler wants me to ask you what are you going to do with this apartment after you go?"

"I'm not quite sure. You guys can come and throw a party here whenever you like. But in return, you need to help me clean up around here twice every week." Jiyeon replied with a shrug as she carries the drinks to them.

Another knock can be heard from the door and Jiyeon let out a small sigh, wondering who it was.

"Wassup kid! Surprise!" Tyler, Jessica's husband, said as he gave her a huge hug with two pizza boxes still in his hands.

She smiled as she mumbled a small apology as she looked at her attire, tank top with sweatpants. Her smile grew wider when she saw Jaejoong. Running to him, she gave him a huge bear hug while he returned the hug and gave her a pat on her back.

Walking in they sat together on the couch comfortably as Jiyeon placed the pizzas on top of the electric warming tray.

"You guys should give me a call when you're coming. Look at my attire! I'm embarrassed." Jiyeon said as she waved her hands in the air.

"I invited you out for dinner like a gazillion times but you kept rejecting me so I figured why not come and crash in your place instead." Jessica chuckled as she wrap her arms around her husband.

"Is Myungsoo coming?" Jaejoong asked. Jiyeon tensed at the sudden question.

"Well, I don't think so. I've already asked him to come but you know how he is dad." Jessica replied while Jiyeon let out a smal sigh of relief.

"So, Ji. What time's your flight tomorrow?" Tyler asked, breaking the tense atmosphere.

"It's at 10pm."

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Shannon whispered. Jiyeon nodded as both of them went to the balcony, away from the other three guests.

"I'm sorry for my behavior. You're right, who am I to make decisions for you? I'm just sorry. I'm really really sorry." Shannon said as she wiped the tears that immediately fall on her face. 

Taking a step towards her, Jiyeon wrapped an arm around her. "It's okay, it happened for a reason. What's done is done. You can't change anything. Now let's focus on the present and I don't want this to affect our friendship."

"Come on girls! It's time to light the cake." Jaejoong hollered from the living room.

They all stood around the cake as Tyler asked, "So, do we sing anything or she just blows the candle?"

"I don't think we should sing anything. Let's just make a toast." Shannon said as Jessica started to raise her glass.

"I hope that you will be safe throughout the whole journey. I know you will because you're not going alone but then again you can be unpredictable at times and just do whatever you want to without thinking." Jessica started, as Jiyeon laughed silently at her comments. "We will help you with cleaning around the apartment. And by we, I mean only Shannon." Jessica youngest sister. "Anyways, we will miss you so call us often if you can yeah?"

 

***

 

"Where the hell did I place my shoes. Ugh! It's the only travelling shoes I'm comfortable with and I'm not going without it!." Jiyeon whined.

"Damn it! Just wear your flats and go buy a new shoe at the airport or at Derby. The driver had been waiting for 15mins!" Shannon said as she shakes her head.

"Fine. But my apartment looks like a pig's place. I nee-" 

"Me and Jes got it! Now go!" Shannon interrupted her as she pushed Jiyeon to the car. "Oh and by the way, Myungsoo wants to check. He says that two of your suitcase s already arrived at the airport. Is that right?" Jiyeon nodded as she bite on her fingernails.

"Great, you can go now." Shannon pushed Jiyeon in the car asked the driver to hurry up and drive before slamming the car door.

 

***

 

Jiyeon scanned around the lounge that's crowded with people. She finally saw him. Dressed in comfortable clothes and a fashionable long coat. Unlike the times that she saw him in the office, this time his hair was down, in a relaxed fashionable manner. She let out an awkward cough as she stood in front of him.

"Sorry I'm late." Jiyeon said as she rubbed her nape awkwardly. 

She put her handbag on the floor as he took a sip of his coffee. "No excuses?" he asked.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes as she mocked his tone, "I don't see why I should explain to you, besides, I have my own reason."

"Excuse me sir, would you like another cup?" a waiter interrupted their argument.

"No thank you," Myungsoo said as he shifted his eyes at the waiter only to frown when the waiter was checking Jiyeon out.

"I would like to have a cup," Jiyeon said as she flash the waiter her kiler smile.

Myungsoo looked at his watch, stood up and looked at Jiyeon. "We should leave the lounge in five minutes time."

"I need to take drink coffee. There's enough time anyways." Jiyeon shrug as she ran her fingers in her hair.

"Fine, I'll just go to the gate first then." He said as he walked away.

'He can't even stay in a room with me for 5 minutes. And there's a lot of people here.' She thought as she looked at his back.

 

***

 

FLASHBACK

Jiyeon woke up that morning, mesmerized by the sight of the carribean blue ocean as she looked outside of the airplane window. She looked down to see Myungsoo's fingers, still intertwined with hers as he remained asleep. Jiyeon smiled as she looked at his sleeping face. She reached out her fingers and traced his face. From his eyes, to his nose, mouth and jawline, then back to his mouth. She leaned forward and pecked his lips. After pulling back, she pouted because he didn't even wake up. Leaning in again, Jiyeon gave him continuous pecks on his lips.

Jiyeon gasped when she felt Myungsoo grab her neck and pulled her closer to him. Taking advantage, Myungsoo slipped in his tongue and they shared a passionate morning kiss. Things got a little out of hand when Myungsoo's kisses started to go down and stopped at her neck. Jiyeon let out a soft moan as Myungsoo started to bit and on her skin lightly which she is sure to leave a red mark afterwards.

Jiyeon cupped his face and leaned in to give a small peck on his lips. "Morning bae,"

Myungsoo chuckled as he lean in for another kiss. "Morning love,"

"So, your dream honeymoon. Are they going according to plan?" Myungsoo asked, giving her forehead a kiss. 

"No, it's not." Jiyeon teased back. "Damn, and I thought that I could blow you away with a morning make out session." Myungsoo said as he brought her hand closer to his mouth and gave it a light peck.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

***

 

"Miss? Your coffee?" 

Jiyeon snapped out from her day dream and apologised, "Sorry, I changed my mind." 

She ran to the gate that she's supposed to report to and easily spotted Myungsoo there, reading a book. She walked towards him and sat there, trying hard not to fall asleep. "What time will the fate open?" She asked quietly.

"Exactly at eleven." He replied without even looking at her.

Jiyeon could sense a woman, probably her age, secretly glancing at Myungsoo, who didn't even glanced back at her in return. Jiyeon growled lowly, feeling a little protective towards the man that used to be hers.

"Let's go." Myungsoo said as he stuffed the book back inside the bag. "But the gate isn't even opened yet." Jiyeon stated.

"I know." He then went to the counter, pulled out his passport and ticket while Jiyeon followed. He then pulled out a business card and the gate opened only for the both of them.

A flight attendant then ushered them to their first class seats and put their bags in the overhead compartment. Another attendant came and offered them glasses of champagne. 

"So why did the gate opened for us?" Jiyeon asked, as she leaned back on the leather chair.

"Kim Co." He answered simply.

Jiyeon took out her phone and started to text Shannon since she promised to do so.

Jiyeon: I'm already on the plane. I'll call you when I get there. PS. DON'T FORGET MY APARTMENT!

Looking around, Jiyeon realised that the gate had already been opened and the passengers were already glaring at them who received the special treatment.

"Umm, Myu-"

"Mr Kim." Myungsoo corrected her.

With a furrowed brow, she asked, "Mr Kim, why did you use the VIP pass? The passengers are glaring at us now. I'm sure they're pretty pissed right now."

"I just didn't want to wait." Myungsoo shrugged.

Jiyeon closed her eyes as she leaned back on her seat. She silently smiled to herself when she realised that he will be stuck with her for the entire flight. And opportunity for her to ask what happened 4 years ago.

 


 

Another chapter is up! Just to let you know my school's starting in 2 weeks' time and i might update once per week :(

just giving you a heads up :-)

oh and kai will appear soon,  in Derby so patience everyone! 😂😉

in the meantime, comment, upvote (if you like) and subscribe (if you haven't) and i'll see you guys soon xo

 


 

for those who haven't voted yet, please do! female lead will be Jiyeon ^^ 

i'll start with this story soon (idk when but yeah just be prepared kekeke)