Chapter 10

Given Up

 


 

Jiyeon tossed and turned in her own seat. Dreaming that she was up in the sky, flying through the forest when suddenly she couldn't control herself. She tried to move her arms but to no avail. A huge tree was in front of her and she couldn't stop, she couldn't move....

Jiyeon gasped and shot up from her dream. She put a hand on her chest as she wiped the tiny beads of sweat on her forehead and looked arpund. Still in the limousine. Her cheeks flushed when she realised that Myungsoo had been staring at her, probably shocked and surprised by her.

Jiyeon cleared as she ran a hand through her chocolate brown hair. "Are we there yet?" She asked as she looked out of the window.

"Five minutes, Ms Park." Hongbin replied.

Nodding her head, she searched for some tissues in her handbag and wiped her sweat. Taking the water from the ice bucket, she splashed her face with the cold water, hoping it will keep her up.

 

***

 

Hongbin opened the door for her as he held out a hand. Smiling, Jiyeon took his hand and went out of the car. "Thank you, Hongbin." she said, smiling.

She did some stretching and looked at Myungsoo, who's packing his tablets inside his bag.

The three of them then went in the train station terminal and waited patiently for the train to arrive. 

"Our luggages?" Jiyeon asked Myungsoo. "It's already there. Come, let's hurry and get in the train"

Jiyeon frown as she followed him. The train's already full! They found a seat right away where Myungsoo threw his bag on the seat next to him as he pointed to the seat in front of him to Jiyeon. Jiyeon finally sat on the seat opposite him with Hongbin beside her after looking around for no other available seats.

"Did you take my water bottle?" Myungsoo asked Jiyeon after searching through his bag.

Jiyeon shook her head as she took her own water bottle and handed it over to him. "You can have mine."

Myungsoo however, didn't reach out to take it and just ignored her. Jiyeon rolled her eyes and put her water bottle away. "I'm gonna go and find something to eat." 

"Get me one bottle of water." Myungsoo said, without even looking at her.

"Get it yourself, it's gonna take a while." She replied getting up from her seat.

"Why?" Myungsoo asked, taking out his laptop from his bag.

"Because I need to take a break." 

"Fine. I think we both need it. After what happened in the plane a while ago." Myungsoo replied with a shrug.

"Seriously, you're gonna talk about that now? What happened to there's a time and place for it?" Jiyeon scoffed.

"Why? Can't I? Is it wrong? Do you want me to remind you how close we were in the washroom?" Myungsoo asked as he lean in closer to her.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes as she walk away, ignoring his last remark. However, she didn't want to feel as if she's running away and weak so she walked back to him. 

"I don't think I deserve such attitude from you. I deserve to be treated with respect. I'm not a nor am I an easy woman." She said as she felt her nostrils beginning to flare. "I seriously ing hate how you treat me and how you talk to me. Yeah so what if your position is higher than me? Doesn't mean that you can just treat me however you want! You don't want to tell me what happened 4 years ago or what had happened to cause you to divorce me, then fine. But you seriously have no rights to look down on me and treat me like a piece of ." She continued as she pants heavily.

She then walked away and wiped away her tears harshly. She then spotted the bar section and walked towards it. She took a seat on an empty stool and ruffled her hair. "Give me something strong, please. And an oreo cheesecake and a bottle of water." She ordered.

The bartender looked at her as he raised his brows. "We're not allowed to serve alcohol before noon."

Jiyeon sighed as she joked, "I have a VIP pass will that help?" The young bartender let out a low chuckle and shook his head. Jiyeon looked at his nametag, Niall Horan.

"Well, where are you from? If you don't mind me asking of course." Niall asked her as he watched her eat the cheesecake in an elegant manner. 

"South Korea." Jiyeon said as she continued eating.

"Wow, that's far. What'cha doin here?" he asked with a smile.

"Business."

Jiyeon reached for the serviette to wipe her face but Niall placed his hands on top of hers. "I'm sorry, you haven't introduce yourself yet."

Jiyeon tensed. It's not like the guy in front of her is not attractive. Blue, the sea crystal clear kind of blue eyes, blonde hair with dark roots, straight nose and kissable plump lips. He's like the IT guy in every girl's dreams. 

"R-rian. My name is Rian." Jiyeon lied. Just as Niall placed his lips at the back of her hands, Myungsoo came in and interrupted them.

"Jiyeon," she heard his voice. "The ticket person wants to see you." Jiyeon's face flushed bright pink.

Jiyeon stood up from the stool and faced Niall, unable to look him in the eyes. "I-i guess I'll see you around. Bye." and she ran out to her normal seat.

Jiyeon handed him her ticket. She then leaned back in her seat as she mumbled some incoherrent words. Hongbin looked at her weirdly as he chuckled at her. Jiyeon's head snap to him as she said, "Shut up."

"So why did you lie to him about your name?" Myungsoo asked as he sat on his seat.

Jiyeon threw the bottle at him as she replied, "how did you know?"

"He asked me. He said your name was Rian and not Jiyeon." 

"Then what did you say?" 

"That you're probably being cautious." Myungsoo said with a shrug.

Jiyeon ignored him and looked out of the window. She chewed on her lip, bit her fingernails and tapped on the table. Clearly she was expecting a 'thank you' if not an apology. 

"You're expecting me to say 'thank you' right? If yes well, thanks for the water." Myungsoo said as he gulped the water.

Jiyeon looked at him for awhile as she mumbled a small welcome. Jiyeon took out her iPod and started to scroll down her playlist. Plucking in the earpiece in her ears, she blasted the song and looked at Myungsoo. He was reading a book. His laptop probably died on him that's why he's reading his book. Jiyeon then closed her eyes as she tried to clear her thoughts.

The train came to a halt as she saw a lot of people getting off the train. She paused the song and asked Myungsoo, "are we there yet?"

"Not until two more stops." He said after looking around.

Jiyeon let out a small sigh and leaned back in her seat. She hit the play button again and couldn't help but to think back what happened just now. Why did she lie to him about her name? Was it because she didn't want to move on from Myungsoo yet? She was confused once again. A part of her longed for him but the other part just loathed his presence...

 

 


 

NIALL HORAN MADE A CAMEO IN MY STORY GUYS!! HAHAHAHA.

and don't hate myungsoo too much guys ;) (actually i hate him too he's a douche! kekeke.

check out my new story called "Falling For The Player". just click on the colored words and you'll get there!

don't forget to vote (if you like) and subscribe (if you haven't)!

leave a comment below (this is a must, yes i'm forcing you hehehe) and i'll see you guys soon! xoxo