Chapter 12

Given Up

 


 

"There's no food here," Jiyeon pouted as she searched high and low in the kitchen cupboards for something to munch on. But all her efforts were fruitless since the kitchen were spotless. There's nothing at all in the kitchen. With a sigh, Jiyeon went to the phone, that was stucked to the wall, near the kitchen and dialed 007. After a few rings, Hongbin answered the call.

"Umm, Hongbin? Yeah, hi. No, there's nothing wrong but I was wondering where the grocery store is located at since the kitchen is pretty much empty." Jiyeon explained as she starts tapping her nails on the surface of the table. "Yeah, there's absolutely nothing here which I find quite absurd but it's okay I don't blame ya. Oh, alright then. Thank you for the direction Hongbin. Bye." she said as she hung up the call.

Jiyeon got up and went to Myungsoo's room, regretting halfway for taking the stairs instead of the elevator. '"I really have to start working out," Jiyeon panted as she stood in front of Myungsoo's room. In between tiresome breaths, she knocked on Myungsoo's door.

"Myungsoo?" She called out, completely ignoring how he kept insisting her to call him formally.

"What do you want?" He asked as he folded his sleeves up his arms.

"I'll be going out to get some groceries since the kitchen is absolutely spotless, and by spotless I really mean spotless. There's no food in there at all and I'm pretty sure we can't survive a week here without any food. Do you need anything while I'm out?" Jiyeon asked politely.

Myungsoo said nothing and went to take his wallet on the table and walked out of the room, to the garage.

"Where are you going?" Jiyeon asked, trying to catch up to him.

"To accompany you go grocery shopping. What else?" Myungsoo answered coldly.

"You don't ha-" Jiyeon was interrupted by Myungsoo's hiss. "You said the kitchen is 'spotless' which means you'll have to carry a lot of things and I don't think you'd have the strength to do so."

As soon as they reached the garage, Myungsoo turned and looked at Jiyeon. "Which one do you want? The Lamborghini or Ferarri?"

"Ferrari." 

Myungsoo went to take the keys to the Lamborghini and waited for Jiyeon to get in before they head to the groceries.

 

***

 

"Great! It's gonna take 40 minutes to reach the grocery store." Myungsoo muttered under his breath as the GPS gave them the directions.

"Well, that's what Hongbin said."

"And it didn't occur to you to at least inform me or give me a heads up?" Myungsoo snapped, glaring at her.

"What difference would it make? You insist on coming and besides, you didn't even ask me and when I asked you, you didn't reply me so stop blaming me and drive," Jiyeon retort back as she looked out the window, admiring the scenary to calm herself down.

Silence filled the car, only soft melody of the radio could be heard. Their fingers clashed as both tried to change the radio channel. Myungsoo immediately pulled his fingers away as he focused on driving, while Jiyeon changed the station. She then stared at him, those eyes, it's so big, brown and beautiful that she felt as if she could drown in their pools.

She was too busy staring at him that she didn't realise they have already reached the place. "You only have thirty minutes here."

Nodding, Jiyeon went out of the car, trying to catch up with him. Along the way, she find the people there, looking gawking at them. She didn't know if they were looking at the fancy car or the handsome man that they were drooling over.

Must be the later, she thought

"What do we need first?" Myungsoo asked as he pulled a shopping cart. "Jiyeon?" he said, pulling her out from her thoughts.

"Oh, umm we already have fruits and vegetables. So I guess we n-" 

"Save it, I don't really care. Just do your own shopping and I'll meet you at the check out in twenty minutes." He said cooly as he picked up a basket and walked off.

Rude.

Mentally killing him, she sighed and pushed the cart down the aisle, to the food section first. She began filling her cart with food, hygiene products, snacks, drinks, cleaning products and other stuffs that she could think of that is necessary. She could already see Myungsoo from far, smilng to herself she was about to reach him when she accidentally bumped into another person, his stuffs falling down.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you! I'm such a klutz." Jiyeon apologised again and again as she helped him collect his stuffs.

"It's okay cutie," the stranger chuckled.

Jiyeon blushed as she passed the item to him, hands brushing one another, lingering longer than necessary. Jiyeon took the chance to stare into his brown orbs. It's slightly lighter compared to Myungsoo's and his jet black hair is longer and messier. The stranger, no doubt is the most gorgeous guy she ever met, not including Myungsoo.

I need to stop comparing every men to myungsoo.

"I believe I didn't ca-" the stranger started but was immediately interupted by Myungsoo.

"Are you done yet?"

Jiyeon broke the gaze and looked at Myungsoo, "Yes, I am. Let's go."

Turning around Jiyeon apologised one last time to the stranger and walked to the checkout.

"What was that all about?" Myungsoo asked her, frowning.

"I accidentally bumped into him and all the contents in his basket fell down." Jiyeon shrugged.

"Well, whatever it is he can't seem to stop staring at you."

Upon hearing that, Jiyeon turned behind and indeed, he was still staring at her.

Jiyeon blushed as she look at Myungsoo, "That's none of your business."

 

***

 

"Five more seconds." Jiyeon said as she looked at her watch. As if on cue, the oven timer rang, their dinner rang. 

She bean preparing the table for the food and sat o the stool, debating with herself if she wants to call Myungsoo down for dinner or not.

After reaching home earlier, Myungsoo went up to his room straightaway. Remembering to slam the door as he went in. He didn't leave his room eversince!

She grabbed the phone and dialled his number. After a few rings, he answered with a sigh.

"Hello?"

"It's me, the lasagna that's for dinner is ready if you're hungry?" It was supposed to be a statement but she didn't know why it came out as a question.

"I'll be down." he said before hanging up.

Jiyeon smiled to herself when she remembered how she didn't know how to bake or cook last time. She ended up making lasagna everyday until he caught her. She touched her heart, there it is, the aching feeling came back. She hated him for who he was now but she loved him for who he'd been before.

"Where's the plates and utensils?" Myungsoo asked, interupting her little stroll down memory lane.

She pointed to the top right cupboard near the sink while she went to take the utensils beside the sink.

He placed the plates on the table and filled his plate with lasagna. He then took a sit beside her, much to Jiyeon's surprise. She waited for him to eat before asking, "So how is it?"

Myungsoo only nodded and continued eating silently. Jiyeon pouted and continued eating her lasagna quietly until she heard him muttered to himself, "I've missed this lasagna."

She smiled to herself and jokingly said, "Well I would have gladly shipped this to you while you were in London." However, Myungsoo wasn't even smiling about it.

"Can you stop?" He snapped, standing up from his seat.

"Stop what?" she asked, not understanding what he's trying to say.

"You know what!" 

With that, Myungsoo stormed off the kitchen, slamming the door behind him again when he reached his room.

"No, apparently I don't." Jiyeon sighed as she looked at her food sadly.

 

 


i'm still alive and kicking guise! hehehehe, and no, i haven't GIVEN UP on this story yet ;)

I've been on MIA for awhile and I''m reaaaaaaaaaaaally sorry!!! :(

I've been so busy with school and i'm on a break now for 7 weeks so i'll try hard to update frequently ><

tell me what you feel about this and i'll see you soon xoxo

 

OH and i have a wattpad account with the same username so follow me there guise ^^