Chapter 7

Given Up

 

 


 

 

"You're a ing coward."

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" Myungsoo asked, completely taken aback by her sudden statement.

"You heard me Mr Kim, anyways. I want to talk to you about what happened 4 years ago, not standing here and give you 5000 reasons why you deserved that title." Jiyeon said, standing up with her hands on her hips. "Well Ms Park, I believe that there's always a right time and place to discuss about that matter and it just happens that right here, right now is not the right time and place to talk about it." He scoffed.

Listening to that made her blood boiled, almost reaching its maximum. "Well you ignorant head, tell me when is a good time to tell me why you decided to just leave me across the globe? No calls? No texts? No letters or even e-mails? When will give me an explanation Myungsoo?" She unintentionally raised her tone higher, forgetting that they were in the office.

"Is it because you found someone else? Is that it? Am I not good enough for you?" She continued, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. This time, her voice came out as a whisper.

Myungsoo step forward towards her, close enough to take a good look on her face but not close enough to hold her or even touch her. "You left me here all alone. You hurt me Myungsoo, you left me all broken and confused. Why? I just want to know the reason why." Jiyeon asked, her tears completely betraying her and fall.

"It's no use crying over spilled milk Ms Park. What's done cannot be undone." He replied as he walk towards the door and paused there, not looking behind him, he said, "This is not the right place and time to speak about this matter. And don't you ever bring this up in front of me ever again."

 

***

 

"Oh god, I should have known that 2 pints of Ben&Jerry's cookie dough ice cream will be enough for you." Shannon said as she looked at her best friend, eating the ice cream though her body is here, her mind and soul isn't. "Yo! I get that you're mad at me but don't be like this!"

Jiyeon looked at her and continued eating her ice cream, completely ignoring Shannon. Letting out a tired sigh, Shannon continued, "If it makes you feel any better he's just as cold to me too." Looking up at Shannon, jiyeon offered her a small smile, "I can see that. I'm sorry, it's just that, I can't help but to keep thinking about what had happened in the office earlier."

Laughing, Shannon smiled at her as she nudged Jiyeon's elbow and squealed, "I heard you're going to Durham? You excited?!"

"It's Derby, Shan." Jiyeon corrected her as she pulled her knees to herself on the couch. "Yeah yeah yeah, whatever. So? Are you excited? I bet it'll be fun!"

Jiyeon shrugged as she focused her attention back to her ice cream. "Hey Shan, can I ask you something?" 

"Yeah, spill."

"Why didn't you tell me anything about Myungsoo? I mean, he came back today and you didn't even tell me."

Shannon bit her lips as she moved uncomfortably in her seat. "Well, he told me not to tell you. I mean, we got into a fight and I stopped talking to him. He changed into someone I don't even know. So I figured that it might be a wrong move if I tell you about it. I know you would want to see him, like desperately want to see him, but it's just.... it will make things worse."

Standing up from her seat abruptly, Jiyeon turned to face Shannon in a scary manner. "So you just decide things for me? You decide what's best for me? What am I? A 5 year old?"

"I know I'm in the wrong and I'm sorry! I real-"

Jiyeon ran her hand over her hair. "I'm sorry but I want to be alone for now."  Grabbing her coat, she went out of the house, to the nearest park. 

 

***

 

Sitting on the bench, Jiyeon breathe in the fresh air. Apparently, fresh air helps her to clear her mind. The vibration that she felt made her jumped in surprise and eyes opened wide. She chuckled to herself as she thought about her stupid reaction and thank god that she's all alone in the park, otherwise she'll look like a complete idiot! However, her smile faded away when she saw an incoming message from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: There's meeting tomorrow at Mr Kim Jaejoong's office at 8 am to discuss about the Derby project. We will leave on Monday. Please make sure you hand in all the legal documents tomorrow. 

Kim Myungsoo, COO of Kim Co.

 

Grumbling to herself, Jiyeon walked back to the apartment, and grabbed the papers. Reading through it again once more.

 

***

 

8.05 am

Jiyeon looked at her phone clock. Yawning in her seat, she really wanted to take a short nap while waiting for him to arrive. But she knew, she can't.

"Do you want some Vanilla Latte?" Jaejoong asked her as he took a sip of his own coffee. "Oh yes please, I don't know how long I can last till I start snoring." 

Chuckling, Jaejoong went to the coffee machine and pressed Vanilla Latte as he waited for the liquid to pour, he noticed the dark circles that started to form under Jiyeon's eyes. Walking over to her, he offered her the coffee and went back to his own desk, waiting for Myungsoo to arrive.

As for Jiyeon, she began to drank the coffee as if she hadn't had any drink in 1 year. "Ah, finally he's here." Jaejoong said as he looked at the glass walls. Jiyeon kept her eyes on her drink, refusing to look at the direction that Jaejoong's been looking at.

"Good morning, I'm sorry for being late." He said as he took a sit next to Jiyeon and he heard her snort. "Have you submitted those documents?" He asked her, pretending that he didn't heard her snort.

"Yes." She replied, cooly. Her eyes wandered to his left hand and couldn't help but to notice that he isn't wearing any ring. 'Of course he'll be ring-less. We're no longer together.' Her mind kept remembering the times they would go to his father's house every weekend while they were still together. 

 

***

 

FLASHBACK

In the tub filled with fresh flowers, Jiyeon will always feel as if she's an island and the water surrounding her are the ocean. "Would I ruin your day dream if I joined you?" Myungsoo said as he took off his watch. "Well, yes." Jiyeon answered in a teasingly manner.

Myungsoo groaned as he fiddled with something in his hands. Turning around, she looked at him and asked why. "I don't know, I think I'm getting chubbier cause I just can't seem to take off the ring." Myungsoo said as he applied lotion on his fingers. Jiyeon laughed at his choice of words. "Well, I think it's a good thing." Leaning in for a kiss, Myungsoo whispered against her lips, "I think it's a good thing too."

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

***

 

"Jiyeon?" Jaejoong called out for her, snapping her out from her day dream. Drinking her coffee till the last drop, Jiyeon replied, "I'm sorry, I wasn't focused."

"Well, maybe you should stop your day dream and start focussing Ms Park. We don't have much time to always be in a daze." She turned her head to the right and glared at him while she unconsciously crushed the already empty cup of coffee.

"Oh well, can you care to explain why you came in later than the scheduled meeting timing?" She snapped, surprising the two men.

"I don't see why I should explain to you, besides, I have my own reasons." he defended himself. Jiyeon rolled her eyes at his weak counter back while Jaejoong tried to ease the tension by asking them to read the papers.

"You and your reasons. Everyone has their own reasons but they don't serve as excuses." Jiyeon said in a harsh tone. "I think you're forgetting who's the boss around here Ms Park." Myungsoo said, in an unusual calm tone.

"Yes, exactly. Now will you two shut up before I actually fire the both of you?" Jaejoong interupted their argument. "Now, if the both of you would just sign these last few forms of consent if you are ready it'll be a great help for this old man right here." Taking and skimming through the forms, Jiyeon immediately signed the form and handed it back to Jaejoong.

"I'm sorry but are there anything else to sign? Cause I would really like to go home and rest." Jiyeon said, as she rubbed her temple. 

Jaejoong raised an eye at her as he replied, "Well, every piece of information is in the package I gave you yesterday so you're good to go."

"Thank you," she bowed at him and rushed out of the office. 

 

***

 

Jiyeon sighed as she tried to fix all her clothes in the suitcase. Packing have always been a to Jiyeon and the top #1 on her list of most hated things is packing. Usually there's someone to help her pack her stuff but now, she's all alone. Jiyeon let out another huge sigh as she looked around her room, clothes and undergarments everywhere! She decided to pick the stuffs that she needs and throwing it on her bed while throwing the stuffs she didn't need in the closet. 

The ringing of her phone snapped her out from her mood to pack and she groaned, silently cursing the caller who interupted her momentum. Not looking at the caller ID and thinking it was Shannon, she spoke, "What do you want Shan? I can't play with you right now. I'm packing, and you know how packing has always been a to me eversince I was born." She sigh.

"Good evening, Ms Park. I suggest you look at your caller ID before you start saying something on your phone." Listening to that familiar voice, she looked at her phone to see it was Myungsoo calling! Mentally slapping herself, she said in a calm tone. "What do you want?"

"Well I'm outside your apartment right now to pick up the boxes." He said. "Hold on."

Running down the stairs, she stop in front of the door to catch her breath. After that, she opened the door and looked at him. He stared at her for awhile as he mumbled a quiet hey with a nod. Stepping aside, she invited him in while she locked the door. "I'll go bring down the boxes." She said as she ran up the flight of stairs again. Stacking the boxes on top of each other, she stop halfway as she remembered that she's only wearing a huge t-shirt that covers her everything up till her knee. 

'He's seen everything so whatever.'

Going back down the stairs, she started to say, "I thought your chauffer was going to pick them up?"

"I just wanted to stop by and see if those things are worth taking or not," he shrugged as he opened the boxes and looked at the contents inside. "Well, I won't be needing this and all the other boxes." he stated as he clapped his hands to get rid of the dusts.

"How would you know what's inside the other boxes if you only opened one of them?" She asked, started to feel agitated.

"I don't need to know what's inside." he retorted back.

"Then I will be throwing them out." She snapped back at him.

He shook his head. "You're more attached to them than I am." Jiyeon looked into the box and fished out an old dark blue sweater. Her eyes started to swell as she looked at the old sweater.

She remembered how they first met each other. They were in college's library. Working on the project that their teacher had assigned them to do. Jiyeon kept rubbing her hands together due to the excessive air conditioning of the library. Occasionally blowing on her hands for desperate need of warmth. Seeing her in that state, Myungsoo offered her his sweater in which she rejected politely.But later, she accepted the offer when she realised that she's gonna freeze to death if she didn't accept it sooner or later. The next day, Jiyeon went to see Myungsoo again to return the sweater but he only took it back if she would agree to go on a date with him in which she accepted excitedly.

"You should go out, now ." Jiyeon said with gritted teeth. 

Myungsoo nodded and walked to the door. "Thank you for your time Ms Park. You should continue your packing."

Hearing the door close, she immediately fell down on her knees and started to bawl her eyes out, thinking about their her past.

 

 

 


 

i'm so happy cause for the first time I've gotten more than 10 comments on one update!

usually i get like 3-4 comments per update. hehehehe, this makes me so happy and i really enjoy reading your comments.

 

now before you start wondering, Jiyeon moved back to their old apartment eversince she received the divorce letter. 

so she no longer lived with Shannon.

 

hehehe okay, now don't forget to leave a comment below and i'll see you guys soon xo

 

 


 

 

for those who haven't voted yet, please do vote for the male character for my new story. hehehe, the female lead will be jiyeon ;)