Chapter 9

Given Up

 

 


 

Jiyeon couldn't stop jabbing the dish in front of her with her fork. She wants to eat, no she has to eat, but the pounding feeling she felt in her head just doesn't seem to allow her to do so. Looking at her right, she saw Myungsoo, busy using his laptop. Probably sending emails or checking emails.

"Is the dish not up to your standard Ma'am? Would you like to change your dish?" An air stewardess asked, eyeing Jiyeon while sneaking glances to Myungsoo.

Frowning, Jiyeon shook her head as she replied, "I'd like to have a cup of coffee instead."

Unable to take the headache, she unbuckled the belt and turned to Myungsoo. "Tell her to just leave it on my table, I'm gonna take a short trip to the washroom."

Staggering, not because she's drunk but because of her massive headache, to the washroom, she locked the door and splash her face with the cold water. Jiyeon gasped when she look at the mirror. Pale lips, dark circles under her eyes. Who is this girl? SIghing, she splashes her fsce with the cold water again. At least, the cold water helps to refresh herself and the headache slowly going away. Two knocks on the door startled her as she took a fresh new paper towel and wiped her face. Unlocking the door, she was surprised to see Myungsoo standing there.

"I've already told the air stewardess not to bring you your coffee. You should go get some sleep." He said as he went in and go straight to the sink to splash some cold water on his face.

Folding her arms, she glared at him. "Why do you keep preventing me from drinking coffee? I'm not in the mood right now."

"Not in the mood for what? You looked like a lemon right now. You're so yellow! Don't be stubborn and just get some sleep." 

"I don't know if you've noticed but I haven't been having any good night sleep lately." Jiyeon replied with a frown. "God, will you please stop? I don't want to talk about this."

Looking around, Jiyeon pushed him inside the bathroom and locked the door behind her. Myungsoo's eyes grew wide by her sudden move. Trying to compose himself, he said in a stern voice, "Ms Park, do you want to get fired? What do you think you're doing?!"

The bathroom's obviously too small for two people. It's already too squeezy for one let alone two of them. Jiyeon just hopes that Myungsoo didn't sense her hesitation when she did that.

"I'm valuable in the company. Ask Jaejoong if you don't believe me." She said. Her headache's coming back but that's not gonna stop her. she's gonna get some answers whether he's firing her or not. "I just want to know why. I just need some explanations." Her eyes pleading him.

"Move, I want to leave this stinky place." Myungsoo said as he tried to move pass her.

"So that's what you always do? Leave? Avoid? After giving up, you gave excuses and just leave like that?" Jiyeon replied, almost yelling.

A knock on the door startled the both of them.

"Move away, someone wants to use this place." He said, calming himself down. "After you give me an an answer."

"Is that a threat? Are you threatening me?" He scoffed.

"Does that even sound like a ing threat to you? Did I say anything about killing you or kidnapping you? I don't think so." Jiyeon said as she shrug her shouders.

Another knock was heard.

"Fine. My answer is no. So could you please move aside?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Stop playing. You and I both know damn well that is not the answer that I want."

"Well, you should be specific then. You said, give you an answer and I already provide you with one so I deserve to leave." Myungsoo said, a flash of anger in his eyes. "And Jiyeon, if you dare bring up this topic or speak to me about this ever again, I promise you, I'll fire you straight away."

It's Jiyeon's turn to scoff now. "Promise? You're kidding me right? The last time you promised me something you couldn't even fulfill them. I don't see why I should believe you this time around." 

"That's enough! I'm getting out of here." Myungsoo spat as he pushed her away, with her back hitting the sink hard. He right arm scrathing something sharp and it starts to bleed. He went out of the washroom, passing by two angry passengers, without even glancing back at her.

Jiyeon went out soon after with one of her hand on her forehead. She walked over to a young handsome air steward and demand a change of seats. The guy just laughed it off but soon realised that she was being serious. "I'm sorry but I'm afraid that it will not be possible."

"You're afraid? Can you give me  certain answer? I need to change my seat please." She said desperately as she hold onto her bleeding arm.

"I'm sorry but it's not possible." The guy said with an annoyed tone. 

Jiyeon sighed as she walked back to her seat. 5 hours left before landing.

She tiptoed her way across Myungsoo and hoped that he didn't wake up. Taking some tissues, she started to wipe the blood while wincing in pain every now and then. Finally feeling tired, she decided to just ignore her bleeding arm and fall asleep. Completely unaware that a drop of tear glided down her cheek.

 

***

 

Jiyeon suddenly felt a stinging feeling on her arm and her eyes shot open to see Myungsoo treating her arm. She immediately pull back her arm and glared at him. "What do you think you're doing?" She said, venom filled her voice.

Myungsoo sighed as he quietly reached forward and tried to grab her arms again. "You're hurt. Why did you leave it alone? Why didn't you treat it? It'll get infected so I suggest you keep quiet and just let me do it."

Jiyeon watched Myungsoo, who's silently treating her arms. "It's all because of you, do you know that?" she asked him quietly. She could feel him tensed but he decided to ignore her question.

"There, all done."

An announcement from the captain interrupted the two. Announcing that the plane will be landing shortly. The plane made its final dip with accelerating velocity. Jiyeon took a deep breath as she unconciously gripped Myungsoo's arm tightly and closed her eyes, obivously she's afraid.

Myungsoo cleared his throat as he said, "Ms Park? Could you let go of my arm? I need to talk to the crew a soon as we land." He looked down at his arm where Jiyeon had been gripping on for her dear life. She widened her eyes and her lips parted in realisation. She let go of his arms and looked away, afraid that he could see her blush.

As soon as the plane landed, Myungsoo got up and went to take their respective stuffs in the overhead compartment. He walked towards the entrance. The head flight attendant saw this and she spoke in an annoyed tone. "Mr Kim, can you please sit down until the unbuckle signal goes off?"

Ignoring her, he turned around in his place and called out for Jiyeon. "Ms Park! Hurry up and get your bags. We need to hurry."

Jiyeon nodded immediately as she took her handbag and went to stand beside Myungsoo. She then took out her phone and texted Shannon that she had landed safely and also about the entire plane ride.

The door swung open and Jiyeon was shocked to find the beautiful scenary surrounding her. Green. That's all she could describe this place. She excitedly follows Myungsoo who took the lead down the steep stairs. She looked around. Two busses. 

Must be the bus that will take us to the airport. She thought.

She didn't want to take the same bus as the passengers. Why? Because she didn't want to face their hated glares because she and Myungsoo had been given the VIP treatment. As soon as she saw a limousine and Myungsoo shaking hands with the chauffeur, she let out a soft sigh of relief.

"Good morning Ms Park, my name is Hongbin." the chauffeur say as he kissed the back of Jiyeon's hand. She blushed. 

She went in the limo and gasped at the interior. 'So ing huge.' She thought.

"Hongbin, about our luggages. Have you taken care of them?" Myungsoo asked as he had his eyes on his phone.

"Yes Sir. My partner is taking them to the train station right now."

"How much longer will it take then?" Myungsoo asked. "In half an hour time?"

Myungsoo mumbled an okay as he looked at Jiyeon. "Would you like something to eat? We can stop at a nearby drive-thru outlet and get you something to eat." Myungsoo said.

"No thank you. I don't want to slow you down. We might be late. I can just eat in the train." She said as she leaned against the comfy seat.

Jiyeon looked out of the window and see her surroudings starts to get blur. 

 


 

a pretty boring chapter. sorry :-(

anyways, don't forget to upvote (if you'd like) and subscribe (if you haven't) ;)

leave a comment below and i'll see you guys soon! xoxo

 


 

i'll probably create the story by this friday so for those who haven't voted yet! this is your last chance!

(although the winner is pretty obvious) 

but still, well yeah. 

female lead will be Jiyeon!!!!