Chapter 11

Given Up

 


 

"Jiyeon? Jiyeon?" 

"Maybe I should try instead Sir," Hongbin volunteered.

They're reaching their stop and Myungsoo had been trying to wake Jiyeon up. However, she sleeps like a log.

"Ms Park? You've got to wake up. We're reaching." Hongbin shook her lightly after he pulled Jiyeon's earpiece out of her ears.

Jiyeon moaned as her eyelids starts to open. Jiyeon's brows furrowed as she massaged her stiff neck, probably because she felt asleep against the window in an uncomfortable position.

"Are we there yet?" Jiyeon asked, sleepily.

"Apparently, yes. I think you should look in the mirror and make yourself looked presentable." Myungsoo curtly replied. 

Jiyeon took out her compact mirror and cursed under her breath. She asked Hongbin to hold the mirror for her as she ran a hand through her messy hair in an attempt to free the knots. She then started to braid her fringe in a dutch braid to keep it away from her face. After fixing her hair, Jiyeon started to stretch herself, especially her legs since it started to get a bit antsy.

The train then came to a halt and Myungsoo stood up straight away, waiting for the doors to open so he could leave. Both Jiyeon and Hongbin followed him right after. She turned to Hongbin along the way to thank him for helping her earlier in the train.

"My pleasure Ms, it's nothing big." Hongbin replied with a small smile.

After the both of them catch up with Myungsoo, Jiyeon asked, "our luggages?"

"My partner has already taken care of that so you need not worry Ms Park." Hongbin answered instead. "Now please follow me to the limousine. Oh, and welcome to Fortsville here in Derby Ms Park." 

 

***

 

"Fortsville's a quiet place." Jiyeon mentioned while looking out of the window.

"Yes, there aren't that many people here in Fortsville Ms Park. But don't worry, it's perfectly safe here and the people here are extremely friendly. You'll love it here." Hongbin replied as he looked at her through the rear-view mirror.

"So everyone knows everybody here?" 

"I wouldn't put it that way, they do know people but not really." Hongbin tried to explain.

Jiyeon chuckled as she continued looking outside, admiring the landscape. 

"How far away are we?" Myungsoo finally spoke.

"About an hour more I might say. Its quite far away from the center of the place." 

"That's great. ing great." Myungsoo muttered under his breath. Jiyeon looked at him in surprise. He, the one who's always calm and collected nowadays, the one who wanted this trip to be formal and business-like, used such language? Jiyeon scoffed as she looked away from him and admire the scenary.

Jiyeon started to squeal inwardly when she looked at the various tones of green, pink and yellow beautifully splashed around the area. Her eyes sparkled with admiration. "OMG Hongbin, is that a river or lake?" Jiyeon asked excitedly.

"It's a lake Ms Park." Hongbin replied, trying to match her tone.

At that moment, she didn't care about the man beside her. He could roll his eyes at her till his eyes rolled out from it's sockets. Or think how childish she is. Hell, he could judge her for all he wants, not that she cares. Cause right now, she saw a very beautiful scenary that could actually lift her spirits up and make her happy. She ain't gonna get affected by such stupid comments that he'll make in attempt to accidentally hurt her.

 

***

 

Hongbin pulled over at the entrance of the giant mansion house that both Myungsoo and Jiyeon are gonna stay in for the next few months while they're in Fortsville. Jiyeon stepped out of the limousine and scanned her surroundings. She looked disappointed knowing that the place that they'll be staying in is far away from the lake that she just saw.

"Come with me, my patner has already placed your luggages inside. So without further ado, I'll give you a tour around here." Hongbin spoke, as he opened the house door.

Jiyeon's eyes widened at the simplicity of the place. Only two words came to her mind the minute she saw the place, white and grand. It was the cleanest room inaginable. The rich, lush sofa sat in between two soft chairs, all facing the plasma TV. A windowseat available in a corner under a tall window through which the sunlight can pass through. A fireplace under the mantelpiece that was covered with tiny intricate glass models and ancient relics. There's also endless shelves of shelves, coating the walls, filled with books, probably used as a decoration. A beautifully designed rug had covered the polished floor and the wall were covered with innumerable paintings and portraits of fruits and other masterpieces by famous artist. The ceiling is high and a chandelier is hanging from it.

"Here's the living room, and if you walked straight, it'll be the dining room, where you'll be having your meals, obviously. Walk to the right and you'll go straight to the kitchen. This way now please." Hongbin ushered us to the second floor.

"Now there'll only be two bedrooms. I'll let you guys choose which one you'd like. Walk straight down the hallway and you'll find my favorite room. Come, let me show you." 

The multi-media room. Gym, movies, arcades, gaming, bar and everything all in one room. 

"Over to the left side, there's a small gym where you, Mr Kim, can work out. Center part of the room is where all the arcades and gamings. We have WII, PS4, pool tables and the old fashioned gaming machine. Right here, is the bar. You can get all types of alcoholic drinks there and maybe snacks or candys or popcorns when you want to watch any movies. For the movie theatre, you have to walk past the bar, and there'll be a large collection of movies already stocked for you guys to choose and enjoy. Now let's go to your rooms." Hongbin said as he lead the way.

"Basically,  both rooms are the same so I don't think I should explain anything. There's a balcony in both rooms and you can see your own backyard from there. Which reminds me,  I haven't shown you the backyard yet haven't I? Silly me."

 

Upon reaching the balcony, Jiyeon had her eyes widened and mouth opened to the maximum. A huge pool and a jacuzzi. There's also an outdoor kitchen, which is connected to the indoor kitchen where people usually have barbecues or parties and it's much more easier to cook outside than inside. 

Myungsoo nudge Jiyeon as he whispered,  "you might want to cover your mouth,  don't want you to choke on flies."

Jiyeon immediately closed and glared at him. Oh how she wanted to punch him in the face so badly. 

"Well,  that's all for the tour. Any questions?" Hongbin asked,  looking at the two. 

"No." The both of them answered at the same time. 

"Alright,  I'll leave you to rest and explore yourselves then. Before I forget, the both of you will get a car each,  different one of course. I suggest you two discuss amongst yourselves who gets which car. If you have anymore questions just give me a ring and I'll be glad to answer them." Hongbin said as he and Jiyeon walked back down to the entrance. Myungsoo seemed to have stayed in the room just now instead of sending Hongbin off. 

"Well thank you Hongbin for the lovely tour." Jiyeon said before closing the door. 

Now it officially begins. Day 1 in Fortsville. 

 

 


 

 

OKAY THEY'VE FINALLY REACHED DERBY! 😄😄 which means Kai is going to appear pretty soon so patience everyone! 

i swear fortsville or whatever it is isn't in derby. it's just well you know what i'm trying to say right? and i don't even know what's in derby so yeah, forgive me :-(

now upvote (if you like) and subscribe (if you haven't) 

don't forget to comment (it's a must 😈😈) 

and i'll see you guys soon xoxo