Chapter 8

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

It's a Saturday yet again. Sooyoung woke up with the bright sun shining on her face. Even though the sun made her squint her eyes, she smiled to herself thinking about the triple date later on.

"I bet it will be fun!" Sooyoung thought to herself. She got herself ready by wearing a blue polo t-shirt with black shorts and a pair of pink sports shoe. As usual, Kris came to pick her up at her house. Coincidentally, Kris was also wearing a blue polo t-shirt with black shorts, just that he was wearing a pair of yellow sports shoe instead.

"Yeobo!" Sooyoung exclamied upon seeing Kris, and gave him a tight hug. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too Youngie." Kris said with a smirk, and gave Sooyoung a peck on her forehead. "Are we ready to go?" Sooyoung nodded her head with a bright smile and the couple went off to Kris' car.

"So will Luna and Jongdae be coming?" Kris asked while driving.

"Neh! Luna happily agreed to join us and she asked Jongdae about it too. He's fine with it. How about Sehun and Yoona?"

"Both are fine with it as well." Kris replied. "Oh yes, now I noticed, we are wearing the same colour today. Do you by any chance went to my house and peep into my room to see my changing?" Kris jokingly teased his girlfriend, while earning a slap on his arm by Sooyoung.

"Ya! I didn't! This is called telepathy okayyy~" Sooyoung pouted while crossing her arms like a little kid.

"Did anyone tell you that you looked extremely cute when you pout?" Kris laughed while pinching Sooyoung's cheeks. Sooyoung jerked up from her seat, wanting to poke Kris back. But she slumped back to her seat while sticking out her tongue.

"You are going to poke me aren't you?" Kris winked.

"I planned to, but you're driving now. What if you lose control while I poked you and then...."

"Aish, touchwood! You are full of imaginations Mrs Wu." Kris replied with a serious tone but laughed after awhile.

"Mrs Wu? Since when am I you wife huh?" Sooyoung asked while pretending to be oblivious.

"Soon Youngie, soon." Kris cheekily smiled and focused his attention back to the road, leaving his girlfriend to blush.

 

After 20 minutes of the car ride, they have finally reached the sports complex.

"Unnie!" Luna's voice can be heard and she's wearing the same colour as her boyfriend as well, white top and green shorts. She ran towards Sooyoung and Kris while holding on to Jongdae's hand.

"Luna you are here!" Sooyoung exclaimed while giving Luna a hug.

"Good to see you on a weekend bro." Kris smiled while patting on Jongdae's shoulder. The latter smiled as well.

"Ehh, it's almost time, where are Sehun and Yoona at?" Sooyoung whined while looking at her watch.

"Probably stuck in the traffic I guess." Jongdae replied. Just when they are mentioning about the not-to-be-seen couple, a black BMW came in to the entrance of the sports complex. Sehun opened the door while running to the other side of the door to open it, revealing Yoona. And as expected, they are wearing matching outfits, red tops with white bottoms.

"Sorry we are late! There's a minor traffic jam earlier on, mianhe!" Sehun explained while holding Yoona's hands.

"Haha, see I knew it." Jongdae smirked while placing his hands on Sehun's shoulder.

"Wow, we actually wore matching colours! I've already planned it earlier on with Yoona, didn't expect you guys to plan it together as well." Sehun exclaimed with his eyes shifting from one person to another.

"Of course we planned, couple wear isn't it?" Jongdae winked at Luna who was laughing.

"But Sooyoung and I didn't plan anything at all, it's just purely through telepathy, right yeobo?" Kris finished his sentence and put his arm around Sooyoung's shoulder. Sooyoung smiled widely and looked at Kris in the eyes.

"Yes it is, telepathy."

"See yeobo look at their chemistry. As compared to us, we are so weak." Yoona jokingly whined to Sehun which made the latter rub his nape in embarassment.

"Alright time to get some balls whacked, let's go!" Luna exclaimed and everyone entered the sports complex.

 

The first match is between Kris, Sooyoung and Sehun, Yoona, a 2v2 match. Yoona began to serve and the ball went back and forth steadily till it was Sehun's turn to smack the ball.

"Get ready Kris!" Sehun signalled that he is going to smash the ball towards Kris. Suprisingly, the ball did not hit the strings and hit the beam of the racket instead, causing the ball to fly to another direction. The ball flew too fast and it hit Sooyoung on the nose, causing the brunette to land her on the ground.

"Ouch!" Sooyoung yelped in pain while covering her nose with her hands. Being extremely shocked, both Sehun and Yoona came to Sooyoung's side. Jongdae and Luna ran towards her after hearing the screams of Sooyoung.

"Yeobo are you alright?!" Kris panicked while squatting down beside his girlfriend. Whereas Sehun squat at the other side, feeling guilty.

"Sooyoung noona are you okay??" Sehun asked. Sooyoung slowly removed her hands from her nose, and the others gasped in shock that Sooyoung was bleeding through her nose.

"Unnie you are bleeding!" Yoona exclaimed, taking out a packet of tissues from her bag and wiped away the blood. In the meantime, Kris was giving death stares at Sehun who looked down remorsefully.

"Aish I'm okay..." Sooyoung slowly stood up with the help from Kris.

"Does it hurt?" Kris asked with a soft tone while carressing his girlfriend's nose. Sooyoung winced a little in pain.

"But unnie, your nose looked swollen though, we should take you to a clinic!" Luna said worriedly and they slowly walked towards the clinic which is just inside the sports complex.

"Hyung ah, I'm terribly sorry for what I did to Sooyoung..." Sehun apologised to Kris with his very sincere tone.

"As long as Sooyoung is alright, you will be forgiven." Kris replied with his emotionless face while waiting for his girlfriend to come out from the consulting room, which left Sehun to pout.

"Uhh Kris hyung, can I talk to you for a second?" Jongdae stood up from his seat and asked, sitting down beside Kris instead.

"Sure, what is it about?"

"I understand the reason why you broke up with my sister. She's getting more and more demanding each day, and more weirder and dangerous..."

"Dangerous? Did she tell you before that she nearly killed Sooyoung but Chanyeol came to her defense instead?" Kris muttered angrily, still can't get over the fact that Victoria would do such a thing to Sooyoung.

"Neh, she was complaning about it when she came home, asking why was it Chanyeol who got injured and not Sooyoung... She's not the sister that I used to know hyung, what should I do? She even told me she will have more plans for Sooyoung. Hyung..." A worried tone came out from Jongdae, which caused goosebumps in Kris.

"What the... Victoria, is she out of her mind?!" Kris exclaimed in a angry tone.

"Hyung... you must take good care of Sooyoung, I'm really scared that my sister will harm her again." Jongdae pleaded.

"Don't worry, I will. Keep me updated with your sister's plans alright?"

"Yes I will hyung. I will try my best to persuade her to move on with her life as well."

"Thank you Jongdae." Kris said while patting on Jongdae's shoulder gently. Just then, the door to the consulting room flung open and Sooyoung walked out, with a bandage on her nose.

"Yeobo are you alright?" Kris cupped his girlfriend's face and smiled.

"Yes I am, no bone fractured." Sooyoung smiled back and kissed his cheeks.

"Noona ah..." Sehun spoke softly. "Sorry for that, I really did not mean to..."

"Aish, I don't blame you Sehun, it's all an accident!" Sooyoung smiled cheerfully while assuring to the younger one.

"So Kris hyung, you will forgive me right?" Sehun tugged on Kris' arms and Kris eventually let out a smile to Sehun.

"You are lucky my girlfriend here is forgiving." Kris smirked and Sooyoung hit him on his chest gently.

"I'm starving already." Sooyoung whined while rubbing her belly and everyone laughed.

"Alright, it's almost dinner time, let's go and grab a bite!" Yoona exclaimed and they went to have their dinner. It was a cosy and noisy dinner where the guys will joke with each other very loudly and the girls to chat about their own girl stuff. But all of them enjoyed their dinner very much.

"Sooyoung ah, ahhhhh~" Kris signalled Sooyoung who was sitting in front of him to open and Kris fed her with a piece of steak. Sooyoung fed Kris back and both of them giggled.

"Awww this is so sweet." Luna squealed with excitement and her boyfriend wiped away the small stain that was left on Luna's lips. Luna smiled happily.

"Sehun can't you just be as sweet as them." Yoona whined after seeing the other two couples being so sweet to each other.

"But you have your own food, and there is no stains on your lips." Sehun stuck out his tongue and Yoona slapped him on his chest. Everyone laughed and Sehun stood up and gave Yoona a peck on her lips.

"This is way sweeter than the rest right?" Sehun winked and laughed, after noticing his own girlfriend blushing. After an hour of the dinner, all of them decided to go home while the boyfriends will be responsible for bringing their respective girlfriends home.

 

"You know your nose reminds me of a reindeer without the bandage." Kris laughed while driving.

"A cute reindeer aren't I?" Sooyoung teased back, and made Kris laughed even harder.

"Yes, my one and only cute reindeer." Kris ruffled Sooyoung's hair. "But if it hurts, you must let me know okay?"

"Yes sir!" Sooyoung exclaimed, while placing her hand on her forehead. Kris laughed at how cute his girlfriend acts. After a few minutes of driving and chatting, they have reached Sooyoung's house.

"Be careful while driving your way home yeobo." Sooyoung smiled while hugging Kris tightly.

"I will. Goodnight my princess." Kris chuckled and kissed Sooyoung on the lips, and Sooyoung welcomed the kiss and they kissed passionately for a minute or two and Kris broke the kiss. 

"See you tomorrow princess." Kris said and ruffled his girlfriend's hair, and Sooyoung waved goodbye to him while watching him driving off.

"Today was a really fun day, just as I expected." Sooyoung smiled to herself before entering her house.