Chapter 2

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

After walking out of the cafeteria, Sooyoung grab her phone out from her bag and dialled.

"Luna ah, I'm currently free now. Where am I suppose to meet you at?"

"Oh! Uhm, the park nearby?"

"Ok sure, see you." Sooyoung replied and hung up the phone. She began to look for the park herself as she's unfamiliar with her surrounding. Today's her first day of work which was introduced by her best friend Luna. She ended up getting lost with no maps to aid her.

She thought to herself: "Why am I so unlucky today?" She started to sit on an empty bench and pouted, not knowing what to do and where to go,

"Hey, are you alright?" A man with a deep voice asked.

Sooyoung looked up upon hearing the voice and saw a tall guy wearing neat working attire, with brown hair and baby face looking at her with a worried look.

"This is my first day here, and I think I'm lost. I could not find the park nearby." Sooyoung replied like a little lost child would reply.

The man felt amused but did not laugh. Instead, he smiled back to Sooyoung and asked: "Do you mind if I lead the way?"

"That will definitely help me out, thank you." Sooyoung replied with a grateful smile plastered on her face and followed by a polite bow. The man giggled and walked with her to the park.

"Oh yes, how can I address this kind soul?" 

"Mr. Park but you can just call me Chanyeol. You?"

"Miss Choi, and you can just call me Sooyoung."

"That's a nice name Sooyoung. We have reached the park, enjoy your day and don't get lost again." Chanyeol jokingly warned and smiled.

"I hope I won't either, thanks a lot Mr Park!" Sooyoung thanked him sincerely and went in the park.

"She's the most adorable person that I've ever seen." Chanyeol thought to himself while he could feel his heart beating fast.

 

 

 

"Hey, what took you so long? You are 10 minutes late!" Luna asked sharply upon seeing Sooyoung's arrival.

"You didn't even tell me where is the park located at, and I got lost. Luckily there's this kind soul who helped me and brought me here." Sooyoung pouted.

"Oh, right... I forgot that you are new here. I'm sorry unnie!"

"Haha it's okay, I'm here safely anyway."

"By the way, who's that kind soul that you mentioned? Does he or she work in the same company as us?" Luna asked with curiousity.

"I think he is since he is in the building with working attire. His name is Park Chanyeol."

"Oh, Mr Park! He's the head of the Human Resource department. He's very cute isn't he?" Luna teased.

Sooyoung flushed when she recalled the face of Chanyeol. Yes he's very cute.

"Hello?" Luna disturbed Sooyoung's thoughts.

"Oh, I didn't take a good look at his face though." Sooyoung lied to avoid getting teased by her best friend. She suddenly remembered the incident earlier on.

"Earlier on, this guy accidentally bumped into me and caused my food to land on the ground, all spilled. But instead of running away, he asked me if I was alright with a guilty face and even volunteered to help wipe off the stains off my shoes."

"Oh my, did you happen to get his name?" Luna asked.

"Kris Wu."

"Oh Mr Wu! He's the GM of this furniture company. He's a really nice guy that will take care of his employees."

"The GM? He looked really young as a GM." Sooyoung asked, feeling amazed.

"Yes, this company was left by his late father that's why." Luna replied.

"Oh, that's sad..."

"On the bright side, you saw the two most hottest guys in our company on your first day of work, how lucky of you." Luna teased.

Sooyoung blushed, feeling good deep inside her heart.

"You should get yourself a boyfriend soon my friend, and you can consider Chanyeol you know, he's like the cutest guy on earth who is currently still single."

Sooyoung laughed.

"I'm serious! Chanyeol is really a good catch. But if you want to date the GM instead, I'm sorry to tell you that he's attached."

"For now I want to concentrate on my work. Dating later okay? How about you? You should get yourself a man too."

"I have found someone that caught my eye. Even though he's not as hot as the two guys that we had mentioned, but we have similar personalities that I think we can get along very well." Luna said while blushing.

"What's his name? I can keep a lookout of him." Sooyoung grinned.

"Kim Jongdae, no snatching of him please!"

"Haha I promise I won't, I just want to see who's that lucky guy that caught my best friend's eye." Sooyoung replied with amusement.

 

 

"I'm back!" Sooyoung exclaimed when she opened the door.

"Welcome back noona!" A tall and young looking boy came over and hugged his older sister.

"Aigo Junhong ah, I'm suffocating."

Knowing that he is hurting his noona, Junhong quickly let go of his arms. Junhong is Sooyoung's younger brother, whom they are very close with each other.

"Sooyoungie, you're back." The Choi's umma came over and hugged Sooyoung. "Let's have dinner."

"So how's your first day at work?" Junhong asked his sister.

"I can count myself as unlucky, having my lunch wasted and getting lost in the huge building. But I managed to meet some nice people for the first day."

"Don't worry Sooyoung, you will slowly get used to the environment in no time." Sooyoung's dad assured her.

"I hope so too appa."

 

It's eight o'clock now and Kris just ended his meeting. Kris took out his mobile phone and was shocked to see 30 missed calls and 10 messages. During the meeting, he silenced his phone and was not aware that he overshot the time. As expected, all the missed calls are from his girlfriend, Victoria. He opened his messages and was really pissed off.

 

From: Vic Baby

7:10pm

Kris, where the hell are you at? I told you to be back home by 7 isn't it?

 

From: Vic Baby

7:15pm

My mum has been asking your whereabouts. Just where the hell are you at? Are you with other girls?

 

From: Vic Baby

7:30pm

Whatever, don't come back home.

 

Kris was so angry that his blood boiled. He can never imagine himself being told not to go back to his own house to take a rest. Ever since Kris and Victoria started dating, Victoria moved into Kris' house so as to stay close to each other more. 

"Why can't you just be more understanding towards me? After a long day at work I have to deal with you and your craps. Alright, I will grant your wish then." Kris mumbled to himself. He grabbed his phone and called both his good friends out to have a drink.

 

"Yah, stop drinking already. You will get drunk and Chanyeol and I will have a hard time carrying you home." Sehun complained while watching Kris gulping the cocktail after they have met up at the bar.

"Hyung ah..." Chanyeol pleaded. Having to grow up together and working in the same company, Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun are the bestest friend who will take good care of each other. 

"What did I do to deserve this kind of ..." Kris mumbled as he is kinda drunk. "You know, I saw this lady in our company and she's like the totally opposite kind as Victoria. Forgiving, understanding and pretty..."

"Woah, looks like our Hyung has fell in love with another girl." Sehun teased with his playful smile.

"To be honest, I bumped into a really adorable lady in the company as well. My heart beats so fast when I see her pouting. It's so cute." Chanyeol confessed.

"Oh wow, looks like both of my hyungs are in love with someone from our company." Sehun continued to tease.

"You should be glad to be dating Yoona, she's flawless. You should count yourself lucky dude." Kris replied. Sehun blushed shyly.

"Ringgggg..." Kris' phone started to ring. It was Victoria that is calling. Kris immediately off his phone and threw it aside.

"Hyung, did you ever thought of breaking up with her? From what I can see, you deserve someone way better than her." Sehun questioned.

"I always wanted to stay committed in this relationship, hoping that one day she will change and be more reasonable towards me. But none of these days happen. I'm so tired of it, should I give up this relationship?"

"Hyung ah, just trust your instinct, we will leave it to you to make a choice." Chanyeol replied.

"Can I stay over at one of your house for tonight or probably longer? I don't wish to go home." Kris complained.

"I'm sorry hyung but Yoona will be staying at my house for this week. Mianhe." Sehun replied sheepishly.

"You can come over to my place, my parents are currently at overseas for a month." Chanyeol said with a smile.

"I really appreciate it Chanyeol, thanks. Not like Sehun, who's girlfriend is more important than me." Kris jokingly whined. Sehun giggled with a sorry look on his face.

 

"Ahh, finally some time for me to be alone." Kris mumbled to himself after another shot of cocktail.

 

*Hi readers! Thanks for the comments that you have given, I really appreciated. As suggested, I have made this chapter a bit longer. For chapter 3, that's when Sooyoung starts to have feelings for Kris. Please be patient for the upcoming chapters as I will make it more interesting to read. :)