Chapter 9

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

"Neh, I'm on my way to the hospital now."

"Let me know if there are any meetings that I had postponed today."

"Thank you ah Sehun."

 

Kris hang up the phone call and went into the elevator. He specially took a day off from his work to fetch his bestfriend who is discharging from the hospital. Feeling bad for causing Chanyeol to be injured, the GM himself wants to pick Chanyeol up himself.

 

*Knock knock*

 

"Come in." Chanyeol's voice can be heard from the ward room. The latter opened the door to see Chanyeol lying on the bed while flipping through a magazine. He looked up upon hearing the sound of the door opening, and he let out a wide smile.

"Hyung you are here!" Chanyeol said happily and put away the magazine.

"How are you feeling right now?" Kris asked worriedly and the latter just shook his head.

"Strong as a bull hyung." Chanyeol smiled sheepishly which caused Kris to let out a laugh.

"That's great to hear..." Kris replied and went to sit on the chair beside the bed.

"Um, regarding Victoria..." Kris stuttered.

"Actually hyung, I don't have the intention to sue her." Chanyeol replied, giving a shock to Kris.

"You don't? But she nearly killed you!" Kris exclaimed with a frown.

"She was being to foolish to do that, and I know she does not have that intention to harm Sooyoung. I guess she just wanted your attention."

"Aish she obviously wanted to kill Sooyoung!" Kris replied while ruffling his own hair.

"But what matters most now is that Sooyoung is alright, right?" Chanyeol laughed.

"Chanyeol ah, I really have to thank you... For saving Sooyoung from danger... If it wasn't you I might have lost her...." Kris said in a remorseful tone.

"Aniyo... I was happened to be there. Also, it was my responsibility to protect my bestfriend's girlfriend isn't it?" Chanyeol replied with a smile. A rather fake smile to be exact. Kris noticed it and have the sudden urge to ask Chanyeol a question.

"Chanyeol ah, I am going to ask you a question. Please be honest with me, okay?" Kris' tone became serious, which made Chanyeol flinched.

"Neh..." Chanyeol replied.

"You... like Sooyoung, isn't it?" Kris asked the surprised latter which could not utter a single word.

"I uh..." Chanyeol stuttered. He could feel his heart beating fast and uneasiness growing in his stomach.

"Tell me the truth, I won't get mad. I promise." Kris assured the latter while giving him a smile.

"Uh... neh hyung... How do you find out about this..." Chanyeol answered while lowering his head.

"You are being so obvious Channie." Kris chuckled, which caused the latter to be surprised by his reaction.

"I am?" Chanyeol asked with his eyes wide open.

"I've known you long enough to know you well. Your actions betrayed you. You even mentioned about her on that day where we were in the pub." Kris said while continue to laugh.

"And you are not angry with me?" Chanyeol asked the still laughing latter.

"Why should I?" Kris stopped his laughter and replied.

"She is your girlfriend, my best friend's girlfriend to be exact... I-" Chanyeol's words are interrupted by Kris, who began to speak.

"Aish I understand. You can't control your feelings towards someone right? As long as you don't have a plan of stealing her away from me, we are good." Kris chuckled, knowing to the fact that his bestfriend did not and will not have the intention to snatch away his girlfriend. And yes, his intuition was perfectly correct.

"You know I won't do that to my best friend right? That will be inhumane to betray you!" The latter exclaimed nervously which caused Kris to chuckle again.

"Of course I know you won't, you won't even try. I don't blame you for having a crush on Sooyoung. She is really the perfect girl that every guy wants. Too bad I got her first~" Kris said proudly, causing Chanyeol to frown.

"Since you said you are really lucky, then you must take good care of her hyung. I won't let you off if you ever bully her." Chanyeol got up from his bed and patted on Kris' shoulder gently.

"Why would I? She's as precious as a gemmmmm~" Kris replied, smiling cheekily towards Chanyeol. On the other hand, Chanyeol was glad that Kris was okay with him crushing on Sooyoung, but jealous of both of them yet again.

"So, have you finished packing?" Kris asked and the younger one nodded his head.

"Yep, we are good to go." Chanyeol replied.

"By the way, I've help you took 2 days leave from work. Get some rest at home first." The older one said, and Chanyeol beamed in delight.

"Thank you hyung."

 

 

*Back in the office*

 

"Sooyoung ah, have you gotten the document that I asked for?" Luna asked the brunette who was busy typing in data into her computer. Sooyoung looked up and smiled.

"Yup, here it is!" Sooyoung replied while handing Luna a red coloured file.

"Thank you! By the way do you have a lunch date later?" Luna asked.

"Not that I could think of. Kris went to fetch Chanyeol from the hospital so he took leave. Waeyo?"

"This means you are free during lunch time. Eat with me!!" Luna exclaimed happily while putting the file aside.

"How about Jongdae? Don't you have a date with him?" Sooyoung asked while raising her eyebrows.

"He took an urgent leave, saying that his sister is not doing so well at home..." Luna replied.

"His sister?" Sooyoung asked again.

"Yup. Victoria, his elder sister... Such a small world isn't it?" Luna finished her sentence, not knowing that Victoria hates Sooyoung a lot and Sooyoung is afraid of her.

"Uh, neh..." Sooyoung stuttered.

"What's wrong?" Luna asked.

"Nothing... Where do you wanna eat at?" Sooyoung asked, while shifting her attention away from Victoria's name.

"At the cafeteria will do!" Luna exclaimed happily and both of the ladies went straight down to the cafeteria.

 

 

"Noona!" Jongdae thought to himself while opening the main door of his house. To his horror, his house was in a mess. Papers and magazines are scattered all over the floor, not to forget about shattered glasses from vases. Sensing that something terrible had happened, the latter began to panic.

"Noona where are you!" Jongdae screamed through the hallways but only sobbings can be heard from Victoria's room. The blonde quickly rushed to his sister's room without hesitation and flung opened the door, only to see her bedroom was in a mess as well. 

"Noona..." Jongdae softened his voice when he saw his sister at the corner of the room, her knees held inwards her chest and she was crying. He proceed to sit beside her.

"Noona ah... Why are you doing this to yourself? It's been two months since the breakup, you should have let it go." The younger one spoke, causing Victoria to jerk up.

"Dae you don't understand, I still love him." Victoria finally spoke.

"Then you should have treated him better when you guys are together." Jongdae replied bluntly. But what he said was indeed true. If Victoria were to be nicer and more caring towards Kris, he would not have left her. Silence fell between them, till Victoria finally exploded.

"No, it's not about that, it's that wretch. She stole Kris away from me!" She yelled.

"It's none of Sooyoung's fault. You should have understand the whole situation before wanting to stab her!" Jongdae frowned and stood up.

"She deserves it. No one dares to snatch my boyfriend away from me." She snorted.

"Aish you still don't get it." Jongdae gave up and sat on the bed instead.

"Kris should be mine, mine! I should teach that wretch another lesson!" Victoria shouted and stood up, running towards the main door. Jongdae who's reaction was much slower stood up and shouted.

"Noona! Where are you going?!"

 

"Aishhh this is so fulling, I would gain weight if I do not jog later." Luna whined and caused Sooyoung to chuckle.

"Go and jog you lazybum." Sooyoung teased while they walked out of the cafeteria.

"So how's you and Kris?" Luna asked while sipping her orange juice.

"So far so good."  The brunette smiled brightly.

"So far so good? Have you guys kissed yet?" Luna smiled cheekily, causing Sooyoung to blush.

"Aish what's with that question?" Sooyoung hit Luna's arm lightly.

"Ehhh someone is blushing~" Luna chuckled and earned another light punch from Sooyoung.

"You did that a lot to Jongdae right~" Sooyoung teased back, and now it's Luna's turn to blush.

"Secret!" Luna exclaimed while crossing her fingers on her lips, and both the girls laughed together. Suddenly, they heard unclear screaming and shoutings from a woman from the building door's entrance.

"That voice sounds familiar..." Luna said while scratching her head and turned to face Sooyoung, who has a puzzled face as well. Without any warning, the familiar looking lady ran straight to Sooyoung and gave her a tight slap, causing the brunette to land on the ground.

"Unnie!" Luna exclaimed, and noticed that it was Victoria who had landed a slap on her unnie.

"Noona stop it!" Jongdae ran behind and caught up with his sister, grabbing her by her arm. Soon, a crowd forms slowly as people gathered to the lobby. Tears are falling down Sooyoung's cheek uncontrollably due to the pain Victoria gave. She stood up with the help from Luna.

"Why did you do that!" Luna yelled angrily.

"Well, she deserved it. She shouldn't snatch Kris away from me in the first place!" Victoria yelled back, while her eyes were fixed on Sooyoung.

"Unnie did not do that! Kris left you because of your attitude, not because of her!" Luna retorted.

"Shut up, you are only good at siding your dear unnie. What a wretch as well." Victoria snorted, causing her brother to flare up.

"Noona! Have you had enough?! I told you it's none of Sooyoung's fault. It's YOUR own fault for not treasuring hyung." Jongdae remarked while pushing his sister away.

"Argh! Nobody understands. Nobody understands how much I loved Kris. And this , out of nowhere snatched Kris away from me! Wretch you will get your revenge soon!" Victoria screamed and ran off to the exit. Jongdae sighed to the fact that his sister was out of control.

"Unnie are you okay?" Luna asked with concern while looking at the swollen cheek of Sooyoung.

"Neh..." Sooyoung replied while faking a smile.

"I'm so so sorry noona, my sister shouldn't have done that to you..." Jongdae said guiltily, his head looking down.

"No worries Dae, I understand..." Sooyoung replied.

"I'll go catch up with my sister, Luna call me when you get home alright?" Jongdae asked and pecked his girlfriend on her lips. Luna smiled and wave goodbye as her boyfriend ran to the entrance as well.

"I'll get you some ice pack when we reach the pantry." Luna said. The brunette did not reply as she was in deep thoughts of what just happened earlier on.

 

 

Sooyoung was on her own bed, hugging her favourite bolster while still thinking of what just happened.

"Am I really a third party between them? It seems like I had caused a lot of pain to Victoria... I shouldn't have gotten close with Kris at the first place.... What should I do...." Sooyoung thought to herself while touching her still-painful cheek. After deliberating for awhile, Sooyoung picked up her phone and dialled.

"Annyeong yeobo! You must be missing me right?" Kris said cheekily.

"Kris ah... Can I meet you at the usual place now? I have something to tell you." Sooyoung asked.

"Aish you miss me so badly don't you? Okok I'll see you soon! Be careful!" Kris exclaimed at the other side of the phone call and Sooyoung hung up.

 

After fifteen minutes, Sooyoung had reached their usual place, which is the park near both of their houses. And expected, Kriss had already arrived.

"Yeobo!" Kris exclaimed like a happy kid while swaying his arm high. Sooyoung let out a weak smile and walk towards her boyfriend.

"Eh? Why is your cheek so red?" Kris asked while carressing her cheek.

"Kris..." Sooyoung uttered.

"Neh?"

"Let's... Let's breakup..."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an update! Sorry readers for the short hiatus! I have two news for you guys.

1. Unfortunately due to the lack of ideas for my story, I have deleted the story "Forgotten Love". I'm really really sorry to my readers. Mianhe!

2. But good news is, I will focus more on my two other fanfics and I will start generating ideas for my third fanfic, which is a story of criminology and science. /grins/ but I need your reader's suggestion on who I should pair Sooyoung with next for that story. Since Kris is paired with Sooyoung in this story already, you readers can choose the other 11 members for the pairing. Please comment below on who you would want Soo to be paired with! Gomawo ^^