Chapter 1

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

A fine young man wearing a grey blazer with white top and white pants walked in the huge building with his secretary. Having a tall height of 1.87m, the man stood out of the small crowd at the hall where people are rushing to work.

"Mr Wu, your next meeting will be held later at 1pm." Secretary Kim reminded the young lad.

"Arasso, kamsamida sunbaemin." Kris replied with a friendly smile. The 24 year old man has a business on his own which produces furnitures. The company was left by his late father, whom passed on a few years ago of heart failure. From that point of time,  Kris was determined to help his father's company remain well-known still and will do whatever it takes to do his father proud.

As there is still two hours before the meeting starts, Kris went to the cafeteria alone, intending to grab some food as he did not have time to eat after having two other meetings earlier on. He initially called his best friend, which is also his employee, Sehun to join him for brunch but Sehun was held back in another meeting and was unable to join Kris. After finding an empty table, Kris sat on the seat, glanced through the menu and debating by himself of what he should eat. A few minutes later, he received a message on his phone.

 

From: Vic Baby

Kris, my mother will be coming to our house at night and I need you to be back home by 7. No delays.

 

To: Vic Baby

No promises on that, but I'll try. See you later love.

 

Kris and Victoria have been together for almost two years. They had known each other through their fathers, which are once business partners. After getting to know that Victoria is a really sweet and loving girl, he fell in love with her. For the first year that they are dating, both of them had their sweetest honeymoon period and Kris thought that she was the perfect one for him that will cook for him and shower him with love with no returns wanted. But not anymore as Victoria started to grew more sensitive and unreasonable towards Kris. Once, she ignored all of Kris' calls and messages just because she was angry at him for spending more time on his meetings than going for a movie date with her. Kris always wonders why did his girlfriend change so much, from a really caring girl to being unreasonable and hurtful with her actions. Kris always thought that she will change her attitude soon and be nicer to him again but it doesn't happen at all, unless Victoria is in a really good mood.

Kris stood up and went towards the counter, with his mind thinking about his demanding girlfriend when suddenly he accidentally bumped into someone that caused her plate of food to land on the ground.

"Aigo..." The lady muttered with a pout.

"Oh my gosh, I'm terribly sorry!" Kris replied shockingly upon seeing the mushroom soup being spilled all over the floor and worse, on the lady's shoes.

"It's okay don't worry." The lady smiled as she took out tissues from her handbag.

"Let me do it miss." Kris who is currently feeling really guilty of what he had done, took the tissue from the lady's hand and kneeled down to wipe off the soup stains from her high heels.

"Hmm, he's such a gentleman." The lady thought to herself while looking down at Kris who is wiping the small stains off her shoes.

"There you go, I'm really really sorry for that. I will pay you back the money for the food that I had wasted."

"Aniyo it's okay, an apology is enough." The young lady replied with a smile. Kris looked at her face, and was mesmerized by her sweet smile. The lady who has chubby cheeks, long black wavvy hair and rather tall and slim body build was dressed in a simple blue dress.

"You are really understanding and I'm thankful for that, but I still have to do something to make myself feel better. Why not give me your contact number, and I will treat you back lunch as a form of apology? I will call you when I'm free I promise. Do not reject this please as it will make me feel bad even more."

The young lady smiled and nodded her head. Kris took out his small notebook and pen from his blazer pocket and passed it to her. The lady wrote down her phone number on the notebook.

"So miss, how may I address you?"

"Miss Choi, Choi Sooyoung."

"Thank you Miss Choi, I'm Mr Wu, Kris Wu. And nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. Oh, I have to rush off now, bye!" Sooyoung bid farewell to Kris with a bow and she walked out of the cafeteria.

Looking at her backview, Kris let out a heavy sigh.

 

"If only Victoria is as understanding and forgiving as her."

 

*Hi readers! Sorry for this seemingly boring chapter as this is sort of the introduction of some of the characters and how Kris met Sooyoung. The next chapter will be published by 6 September! :)