Chapter 3

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

It has been a week since Kris last came back home. No matter how many times Victoria called Kris on the phone, he did not picked up her calls. Victoria flustered and paced up and down, waiting for Kris to come back. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. A smile came across Victoria's face, thinking that Kris has come back. She happily opened the door.

"Kri..." Victoria's smile faded when she saw that it was not Kris that came back.

"Hello noona!" The jolly looking guy exclaimed.

"It's you Jongdae, I thought it was Kris." Victoria gloomingly replied and let Jongdae in.

"Wae? You're waiting for Kris hyung? I thought he should be back home by now?" Jongdae asked in curiousity.

"I think he's angry at me for asking him not to come back home after he did not reply my messages nor my calls last week. How petty, I should be the one that's getting mad, not him!"

"You mean Kris hasn't been home since last week?" Jongdae gasped.

"Yup."

"Noona ah, you shouldn't treat hyung like that. He ended his meeting late that night and was so tired. I was with him for the meeting the entire time. You should be more understanding towards him." The young boy replied.

Victoria remained silent for awhile. "So what should I do now?"

"Hmm, how about you go and pay Kris a surprise visit at his office tomorrow? You've never done it before and I bet he will be very surprised." Jongdae suggested.

Victoria thought to herself. She really miss Kris a lot and finally agreed to her younger brother's plan.

 

Sooyoung's POV

After the dinner with my family, I went back to my room and lied on my bed immediately as I am very tired after a long day at work. Having been working for a week in Hovert Inc, I did not manage to see the two guys that I bumped into during my first day of work. Especially the GM, Kris. He said he would call me to have lunch together when he's free, but I did not receive any calls from him till now. Ah Sooyoung, why do you have to care so much? He's probably busy with his work or maybe with his girlfriend. But I still hope that I can see him again.

Just then, I heard my favorite song, EXO's Miracle In December playing. I turned back to look at the study table, and realised that my phone is ringing. I crawled up quickly from my bed, grabbed hold of my phone and looked at the number. It's an unfamiliar number which I haven't seen before. Is this Kris? I wondered, at the same time feeling butterflies in my stomach. I breathed in deeply before accepting the call.

"Hello, is this Miss Choi Sooyoung?" A familiar voice can be heard from the call.

"Yes I am, you are?" I tried to sound as gentle and lady-like as I can.

"Annyeong, I'm Mr Wu, the man who bumped into you and wasted your mushroom soup last week." 

"Oh, Mr Wu! Annyeong, I thought you wouldn't call." I replied shyly.

"Of course I will, no matter what happens I always kept my promises. You want that treat back so badly don't you." I can sense that Kris is teasing me and at the same time I can hear his genuine laughter.

"Aniyo..." I can feel my cheeks flushing red.

"Haha I'm just joking. But good news for you, I will be free to meet you tomorrow for lunch if you don't mind."

My heart just skipped a beat, I am finally having a lunch with a guy in my lifetime! Due to the fact that I am a introvert and a very quiet person, none of the guys that I knew had asked me to dine with them. This is actually the first time ever and I'm feeling very excited.

"Hello Miss Choi, are you there?"

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Kris' voice. "Oh, yes I would be free tomorrow."

"That would be great, so I'll see you at the cafeteria during lunch time then?

"Yes, sure." I smiled widely.

"Okay then, see you!" Kris replied with his attractive voice.

"See you too!" I exclaimed before hanging up the call. I jumped on my bed as I am really happy and excited for tomorrow. But the thought of Kris having a girlfriend dampens my mood.

"Why bother anticipating to meet him tomorrow when he's not even mine?" I thought to myself. That's when I realised I do have feelings for Kris.

 

Kris' POV

I got myself ready for work while putting on Chanyeol's brown coat and left the house. I don't know why but I just can't for lunch time to arrive and see Sooyoung again. Something within her just catches my attention even though I'm currently attached.

"Hyung!" I heard a familiar voice from behind that snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at who's calling me and I saw Sehun, running and panting towards me. I stopped walking and waited for Sehun to come closer.

"Why are you panting like as if you had ran a marathon?" I asked, amused when I saw his white shirt getting damped and saw what usually girls would love to see, his s.

"I did run to catch up you, I was calling you for so many times but you did not reply." Sehun pouted.

"Really? I'm sorry. By the way, you should get yourself a mirror and look what state you are in right now." I laughed while pointing at his shirt.

Sehun let out a small shriek when he saw his own s. He grab hold of his grey coat and buttoned them up to cover up the mess.

"By the way hyung, should we have lunch together later?" He swiftly changed the topic to avoid embarrassment. 

Remembering that I have a lunch date with Miss Choi, I swiftly rejected Sehun.

"Waeeeee?" Sehun whined.

"I have an appointment with someone else."

"With Vic?"

"Nope. With the girl I had mentioned to you last week."

"Oh... Why her huh?" Sehun gave me a sly look.

"You're thinking the wrong track boy. I accidentally bumped into her that day and caused her to drop her soup on the ground and some even spilled on her shoes. So I decided to treat her back as a form of apology." 

"Oh.. Well I really want to see how this understanding and forgiving lady looks like." Sehun said.

I slapped the back of his head. "Don't be such a nosy parker, focus more on your Yoona please."

Coincidentally Yoona walked from the other entrance and saw both us.

"Looks like I have to go now, enjoy your date hyung!" Sehun smiled sheepishly before walking towards Yoona and held her hand and walked off.

"Last warning ah Sehun." I replied in a very soft tone. Something is telling me that I will indeed enjoy the lunch date with Sooyoung later.

 

Victoria's POV

I changed to my favourite pink floral dress, getting ready to give Kris a surprise visit. It's 11:30am now, 30 more minutes till his lunch break. Even though I am excited, I am still angry with Kris. Not because that he ended his work late, but the fact he did not reply to any of my texts and calls just pisses me off. I will demand an apology from him when I see him later. I did nothing wrong anyway.

I've reached the building just in time and went up to his office. But his secretary told me he already went down for lunch. Knowing that he will be at the cafeteria, I went down immediately, hoping to see him there. When I walked in to the cafeteria, my blood begins to boil. What the hell? In front of me, I saw Kris, having lunch...

WITH ANOTHER GIRL.

 

Sooyoung's POV

It is 10 mins before lunch time and I slowly went down to the cafeteria, afraid that I will be too early. My heart is beating rapidly. I finally get to see him after a week even though it feels like a hundred years. When I reached the cafeteria, I was looking around for seats when I saw a familiar person sitting on one of the seats near the counter, using his phone which I assume he was playing his game. My smile widened when I realised it was Kris, who came down way earlier than me.

"Hey Miss Choi!" Kris shouted while waving at me after putting down his phone on the table and noticed me in front of him.

I can feel that my cheeks are blushing. I pretend to notice him when he called and I moved slowly towards him with small footsteps. I went to sit directly infront of him as that's the only seat for that table.

"Hello Miss Choi." Kris said with a smile. I swear, his smile is the sweetest thing on earth! I looked at him shyly with a smile.

"Drop the formalities, call me Sooyoung will do."

"Haha, okay Sooyoung." 

The way he called my name was like melody to my ears, it's too sweet. Probably because his voice suits calling my name, hehe.

"So Sooyoung, what would you like to eat?"

"Hmm, a bowl of mushroom soup will do."

"Just that? You don't have to care about the price you know!"

"I'm just craving for that, just that will be enough!" I insisted. To be honest, I do not wish to see him paying more for my lunch when all he did last week was to spill over my mushroom soup.

"Hmm, alright then if it makes you happy." Kris gave up eventually and even initiated to order the our food. A few minutes later he came back with a tray of food. 

"Here's our food! I'm famished!" Kris whined but in a way that I feel that it's very cute.

"By the way, which department are you at? Kris asked,

"Oh, finance."

"I see, I am the GM for Hovert." Kris grinned.

"Haha, I know." I gave Kris a wink.

"Eh you know? How?"

"My friend Luna, who's been working in the marketing department for quite awhile told me."

"Oh, Luna. No wonder haha. Are you new here?"

"Yup, been working here for a week."

"Means that when the first time we met, you are working here for the first day? I must have ruined your day right? Mianhe!"

"Oh nono it's alright!" I assured him. I began to enjoy my mushroom soup when I heard my phone ringing. I took it out of my pocket but the sound wasn't from my phone. I looked up and saw Kris on the phone. Is this called fate? We actually have the same ringtone? Omo, that can't be! I was smiling like an idiot when Kris interrupted my thoughts.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Kris teased.

"Oh, nothing. You like Miracles in December?"

"Yes I do, the song gives a really emotional atmosphere and I will feel down whenever I listen to this song with a really good book. That's a pretty bad combination." He laughed.

I laughed at his words and at the same time feeling really happy. The reason for me in liking the song is exactly the same as his.

"So how old are you this year?" Kris asked.

"23."

"Oh I'm 24! You should call me oppa ah." Kris joked.

"No way!" I gave Kris a mehrong.

We chatted a lot during that period of time from me being called a tomboy when I was young to him getting punished by his mother for stealing cookies from the cookie jar, and we laughed too. I have never seen such a nice guy to joke and talk with. He gave me a sense of security, telling me that it is perfectly normal to be myself.

"I'm so full now that I think I am having food coma now." I whined while closing my eyes, expecting a laugh from Kris. But nothing was heard. Feeling weird, I opened my eyes and noticed Kris looking behind me, with a rather pissed off look. I turned back to see what he was looking at and saw a well-dressed good-looking lady staring at Kris with fiery eyes, and switched her direction towards me. Oh no, is that, Kris' girlfriend? 

 

Kris' POV

As expected, I enjoyed my lunch with Sooyoung. I felt more relaxed talking with her and it feels like all my worries are gone temporarily. She's a really nice girl. Boy should I have met her earlier than dating Vic. I always feel threatened with Vic around when she loses her temper. It's like a nightmare. Talk about her, she suddenly appears in front of me when I was almost done with my chicken chop. I could hear that Sooyoung was still talking to me, but I didn't pay much attention to it. In fact, I paid more attention to Vic's fiery eyes which was fixed to mine. I hated the kind of eyes, which seemed like I did something wrong. I begin to feel a bit pissed and sighed.

"Sorry Sooyoung, I have some things to deal with so I have to leave now. I hope you enjoyed the lunch. I will see you again." I tried to be as calm as possible, not wanting to imply anything on Sooyoung.

"Arrasso, I understand. See you next time!" Sooyoung smiled.

After bidding farewell with Sooyoung, I walked towards Vic. She looked even furious.

"Let's talk outside." I spoke coldly to her.

 

We arrived at the park, hoping that she will not lose her temper again. But I was wrong.

 

"Why the hell are you having lunch with another girl?"

"Why are you avoiding my calls? Having dates with that girl isn't it!"

"You must be hiding something from me I swear!"

 

Assumptions, she is full of assumptions! I could no longer stand her attitude and finally plucked out my courage to stop all these nonsense.

"Victoria, let's just end this. I had enough of your silly attitude towards me. I'm mentally tired." I finally replied with a heavy sigh.

I can see the fearful expression of Victoria.

"No you are lying, is it because of that stupid that made you wanna leave me?" Her tone became higher and I can feel that she's very, very angry. See? Assumptions again.

"No there's nothing to do with her. It's between you and me. Let's just break up, you can find a better man who can tolerate you more."

With those final words for her, I walked away.

 

No one's POV

As tears are rolling down, Victoria muttered in anger: "I will not let you win , I promise."

 

*Hello readers! Here's the update to my third chapter! Hope you guys will like it! Btw, there will be a small part of Jongdae and Luna for the next chapter so please stay tune! Kamsaminda ^_^