Chapter 4

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

Chanyeol's POV

After getting my paper work done, I finally have the time for lunch. Only having thirty minutes left to spend, I decided to head down to the cafeteria for lunch alone since Kris and Sehun have probably went for lunch already. When I arrived at the cafeteria, I noticed a familiar looking lady sitting alone at one of the tables. It's her, her adorable cheeks make me wanna pinch them. It's so chubby! I'm afraid of approaching her though, but my mind tells me to just go for it. After hesitating for awhile, I eventually walked up to her table and try to stay calm.

"Hello Sooyoung!" I exclaimed.

Sooyoung looked up and smiled: "Hello Chanyeol!"

"Why are you eating alone?" I asked while grabbing the chair and sat down.

"I was eating with my friend, but he went off first to handle some matters." I can see that Sooyoung is pouting. Her friend is a he? My heart ache a bit, but maybe it's just normal friends right?

"So you are done with your meal right?" I asked.

"Yes! I am going back to work now. It's nice seeing you again but I have to rush off. See you again!" Sooyoung replied when she stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. Although I felt a bit down because I only managed to talk to her for awhile, but nonetheless the sight of her just literally made my day. I smiled to myself, hoping that I could see her again soon and went to order my food.

 

Jongdae's POV

There she is, she's right in front of my eyes! I was strolling around the industrial park after lunch since I have the time, and coincidentally I saw her, her beautiful long blonde hair and big eyes. She was sitting on one of the benches, reading a book. I have liked her for almost 6 months, but do not have the courage to confess to her. I know her through my sis, Victoria when she came a few times to my house for lunch. We talked a lot and I feel that she's the one that I need in my life. This shall be the time for me to confess to her. I walked towards her, feeling very nervous.

"Hello Luna."

Luna looked up and noticed me. She looked shocked at first, but she greeted me warmly with her smile. Her smile could melt my heart, it's too sweet and captivating.

"May I sit beside you?" I shyly asked.

She nodded her head and I went to sit beside her. My heart is beating very fast and I can feel that my cheeks are blushing.

"So uhm, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" Luna asked while closing her book. After debating within myself for awhile, I finally pushed myself to confess to her.

"Uh.... LunaIlikeyou." I stammered, feeling nervous.

"Huh? Can you speak slower?" Luna looked confused. Argh Kim Jongdae, be a man!

"I like you Luna." I finally put my message across.

"You what?" Luna replied, and I could see that her cheeks are rosy red.

"I like you, I like you ever since you came to my house for lunch. I love your smile, your character, everything about you. I totally fell in love with you Luna." I can see the shocked face forming on that pretty face, and she immediatley beamed in delight.

"To be honest Jongdae, I like you too..." Luna said shyly. I could not believe what I just heard. We actually liked each other? I'm such a fool to realise it now. Happiness got into me quickly.

"So will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled cheekily at her. She smiled back and nodded her head. I felt like I have accomplish something big in my life and was really happy. I stood up, picked her up and spin around yelling "YAY!" She giggled and hug me tight.

"I love you." Luna said while looking in my eyes with a genuine smile.

"I love you too." I smiled widely and gave her a peck on her forehead. I swear, that's the best that have ever happened in my life.

 

Kris' POV

I finally ended my work and I am on my way back to Chanyeol's house. I sat in his car and he drove.

"Are you ok hyung? You don't look good as usual." Chanyeol worriedly asked. From what I had noticed, aside from Sehun, he is the only friend that can tell whether I am okay or not.

"Ah it's nothing, just that I broked up with Victoria just now."

"You what? Actually, that's a great move hyung, I already anticipated that this day would come. You will definitely find someone better. "

I remained silent for awhile, but he's right. I've clear a big burden of mine and now I can focus more on work or maybe even Sooyoung. I just can't stop thinking about her. I don't know what got into me, but I kinda miss her and felt really bad for leaving her alone in the cafeteria just now. I was thinking of ways to mend up and prove to her that I genuinely care for her. After fifteen minutes we have arrived at Chanyeol's house. I went in to the guest room and lied on the bed restlessly. Just then, my phone starts to play the famliar tone. Yes you're right, it's Miracles in December. I dug out my phone from my pants' pocket and answered immediately, too lazy to even see who was calling.

"Hello Kris." The person with the sweetest voice said.

"Oh, hello Sooyoung." I immediately jerked up from my bed and listen to the call attentively.

"Just want to check that you are doing good. You left the cafeteria looking pissed. I'm sorry if I had caused any trouble for you." Sooyoung muttered sadly and I can hear her asking with her sincere voice.

"Oh no no, there's nothing to do with you, I'm alright." I beamed to the fact that Sooyoung actually cares about me.

"That's great!" Sooyoung exclaimed happily. I suddenly remembered that I will be going for a few games of bowling tomorrow with both Sehun and Yoona since it is a Saturday but Chanyeol could not make it for tomorrow as he needs to return back to his office. Thinking that I will be a huge lightbulb tomorrow and also I would want to get to know Sooyoung better, I asked.

"So Sooyoung ah, are you free tomorrow?"

"Neh, why?"

"I was thinking of asking you out to go bowling with me and two of my other friends tomorrow. Will you be free?" There was a few seconds of silence before Sooyoung answered excitedly.

"Oh sure I would love to!" A smiled immediately formed on my face. She actually accepted my invitation. I nearly screamed for joy.

"Alright! I will pick you up tomorrow at 1pm outside your house. Can you text me your address later?"

"Oh, okay will do." She replied softly. I hung up the phone after saying bye to her. A few minutes later, she indeed texted me her address. I was over the moon and really can't wait to see her tomorrow and I hope I will enjoy my day tomorrow.

 

Sooyoung's POV

I was over the moon when Kris asked me out over the phone, it's like my dream to go out with him came true! After hanging up the phone call, I smiled happily to my bedroom mirror and said to myself: "I think I am falling in love." But the thought of him being attached just dampens my mood a little, it's nothing wrong to out with someone who's attached right? I thought to myself. Just then my phone rang and it was Luna that's calling.

"Hello Luna!" I said cheerfully. To my surprise, she sounded more happier than me.

"So what makes our dear baby being so happy?" I teased.

"Unnie, I've got myself a boyfriend!!" She exclaimed. I was kind of shocked by her sudden announcement.

"Who is it?"

"It's my eyecandy, Kim Jongdae!" She screamed through the phone. I thought that my eardrums are gonna explode. I am really happy for her. The guy she likes, likes her back. That's too sweet and I know that it won't happen between me and Kris.

"Congratulations my dear!" Nonetheless as her best friend I was really happy for her. She chuckled and she shared with me how Jongdae confessed to her and I swear, it's really sweet.

"Be sure to treasure him well!" I advised.

"I will unnie!" After another chat for about 15 mins, I hung up the call and went to bed, thinking when will it be my turn to experience this kind of sweetness.

 

I woke up the next morning with my alarm ringing. It's 11am now and I have plenty of time to get ready before Kris comes. After finish brushing my teeth and washing my face, I went to my closet to pick the right outfit. Since it's abowling  game, I shall not wear too short. I picked out my favourite blue denim jeans and my blue checkered blouse out and went to change into them. After that, I applied a bit of make up because I don't want to look like someone who relies on makeups that much. To let the time pass, I on my MP3 player and played the playlist. There's a lot of EXO's songs that never failed to accompany me and they are really nice to listen. With the music being on loudly, I did not hear the sound of the doorbell till Junhong came knocking on my door.

"Noona! Someone's here to fetch you!" I quickly get myself up from my bed, off my MP3 and went out of my room. There I saw Kris seated at my living room's couch while waiting for me patiently while looking at the antiques that my parents have placed. He looked really good today, with his blonde hair gelled up nicely, wearing a black collared shirt and grey denim jeans, looking all ready for a game of bowling. His eyes shifted to me when I walked of my room.

"Hello Sooyoung!" Kris called and looked really happy. I smiled shyly back at him. Junhong nudged me with his elbow and whispered.

"Is this your boyfriend?" and he chuckled.

"Aniyo. Anyway I will be back home before 9 tonight so please tell omma that she don't have to cook my dinner tonight!"

Junhong nodded and teased: "Have fun!"

He smiled to Kris, who smiled back to him and bid farewell politely. After putting on my favourite blue Converse sneakers, I waved goodbye to Junhong and left. While boarding the lift, there was an awkward silence between the both of us. A sudden urge of asking about his girlfriend just struck me and it automatically came out from my mouth.

"So... How's you and your girlfriend?" At the same time I was biting my lips, knowing that I should not have asked that question.

"We broke up yesterday." Kris replied softly. I was shocked by the news. Is it because of me that they broke up? Was that his girlfriend that I saw glaring at me yesterday?

"I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. We should have picked other places for lunch then your girlfriend will not see us at the cafeteria." I looked down in guilt. But I felt his hand on my shoulder as he tried to assure me that it has nothing to do with me and told me that he had enough of her too. Knowing that it's not my fault, I sighed with relief. But at the bad side of my mind, I will get the chance to get closer with Kris since he's currently single now. I smiled to myself.

We continue to chat during the journey to the bowling alley in Kris' car. Having to sit just beside him, the smell of his cologne makes me fall in love with him. Another plus point to him as I really like guys who smell amazingly good.

"By the way, you looked very pretty today." Kris complimented. I can feel that my cheeks are getting hot. Trying not to be too serious, I jokingly replied.

"Does that mean I don't look pretty the other days?"

"Oh nono, it's just that I've never seen you in this outfit before." Kris stammered. I laughed at his replied and we both laughed together. Aww, his laugter is the cutest sound that I've ever heart that makes my heart melt. We finally reached the bowling centre and was welcome by Kris' friends.

"Hello guys, this is Sooyoung, our recent employee of Hovert, currently working in the Finance department." Kris began to introduce me to his friendly-looking friends.

"Annyeong haseyo, I'm Sooyoung." I greeted with a polite bow.

"Hello I'm Sehun, in the Human Resource department." Sehun bowed back and a smile.

"Annyeong, I'm Yoona, the clerk for Hovert." Yoona bowed with a smile too.

"Hyung, is this the girl that you had mentioned?" Sehun smirked while looking at me. Kris mentioned about me before to his friends? Why is that so? My heartbeat starts to beat faster.

Kris seemed shy and ignore Sehun's question and signal us to go in instead. After getting our bowling shoes from the counter, we went to our alley.

"Here baby, a 7kg ball for you." Sehun walked towards Yoona and handed her an orange bowling ball.

"Thank you oppa." Yoona smiled after getting the ball from him and kissed Sehun on the cheek.

"Are they together?" I whispered to Kris who was standing beside me. Kris smiled and nodded his head. I went to take my bowling ball. As I have quite of a strength, I easily picked up the blue 8kg ball. I used to play bowling with my high school friends before but my skills may have gone rusty. I went back to where Kris was standing.

"So have you played bowling before?" Kris asked with his really perfect smile.

"Yup, but that's like a few years back." 

"Haha it's alright, I believe you will play well." Kris replied cheerfully. I beamed immediately upon hearing his encouragement and giggled softly. Sehun came over and interrupted.

"So shall we have a team game? Since we have four people here, let's make it 2v2. Yoona and I will versus the both of you, how about that?"

"Sure, Sooyoungie let's play well and beat them!" Kris exclaimed. I was happy, really happy. Not just because we are paired together. But did he just called me "Sooyoungie"? I swear I would jump up high if he wasn't there because I was just too happy. Not knowing what to reply, I looked down shyly and nodded my head. Soon after that, the game started. Sehun was the first to go and he managed to get only three pins down and followed by a gutter.

"Opps!" Sehun exclaimed, fakingly pouting to Yoona who is laughing at him. Kris went second and he scored gutter for two tries. He walked back sadly and looked like a kid who just dropped his ice-cream. I patted him on his back, telling them he did well but I was dying of happiness inside me, he's just too cute. Yoona went third amd manage to hit eight pins down followed by the remaning two pins. She jumped in joy and hugged Sehun who is as happy as her. It's my turn now, and to my amazement I got a strike for the first try! I can hear Kris cheering happily behind me and went to highfive with him.

"Good job Sooyoungie!" He exclaimed. I was too shy to reply and smiled to him. As the game is nearing, Kris and I lacked a few points behind Sehun and Yoona and it was Kris' turn. The gap will get closer if Kris manage to get a strike for this last frame. I can see that Kris is getting nervous. I went beside him and my face close to his. He somehow looked me in the eyes and my heart is beating very fast.

"Give it your best shot, I believe you can do it!" I whispered, giving him the encouragement that he needs. He genuinely smiled back and nodded his head and threw the ball with confidence. As expected of him, he gotten himself a strike! I applaud  loudly and he cheered, leaving the couple's jaw hanging wide. After Yoona's turn, our point gap are just a spare away. If I were to strike, we would win the other team by 8 points. I will be the one deciding on winning our losing, and I was nervous. Seeing that I'm getting shaked up, Kris came over and held my hand.

"I will give you my lucky hand luck to you, give it your best!" Kris encourged with a wide smile. I swear, I can hear my heart beating real fast and I glanced a look at him.

"Thank you." I replied softly. I picked up my ball, and threw it while thinking of Kris' lucky aura that's been given to me. To my surprise, the luck actually works and all the pins are being hit down.

"Yay!!" I yelled and jumped in joy. Kris rushed towards me and without any warning, he pulled me into his embrace and jumped in joy. As my head is nicely on his shoulder, it's really comfortable to rest my head on his shoulder. His arms are around my waist and I don't know what to feel other than being happy. I'm inside his embrace! He let go and smiled.

"Well done Sooyoungie!"

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, but feeling very shy at the same time. I can hear Sehun whining like a baby as he and Yoona lost the game.

"Hah, the losers will have to treat us for dinner!" Kris exclaimed with joy.

"Fine, but we won't lose to both of you next time!" Yoona jokingly complained. After the game, we went to the nearest restaurant for dinner and we talked a lot. Seeing that Sehun fed Yoona with food when she's sitting beside me, I admit that I am a little bit jealous. Kris looked at me and laughed and picked up the piece of chicken with his chopstick and placed it on my plate.

"Here you go Sooyoungie." Kris winked at me and I flustered. Is he hinting me on something? No it can't be, I'm thinking too much. I thanked him and enjoyed my dinner with the company. After our dinner, it's time to go home.

"I will be sending Yoona home, so it's your job to send Sooyoung home." I can see Sehun winking at Kris. I don't get what Sehun is implying though. Kris happily agreed and we sat in his car. After a few minutes of silence, he turned to face me with his still energetic face. 

"I hoped you have enjoyed today, because I did." Kris beamed happily.

"Yes I enjoyed it so much, thanks for today." I replied with a sincere smile. Once we reached my apartment, Kris insisied on walking me up to my front door. When we reached, he gave me another hug.

"Thank you for today." I smiled back and said the same thing to him and bid farewell. I trusted my taste as I really found the right guy to be with. He's really sweet, caring and unbelievably handsome and I enjoyed my time with him. If only he's mine...

 

No One's POV

After their first outing together, Kris have been asking Sooyoung out every Saturday. A walk in the nearby garden, basketball matches and even dancing classes. Both of them fell deeper in love with each other as they enjoyed each others' company very much but they are not sure do they have a feeling for each other. Till one day, Kris finally decides to confess to Sooyoung but don't know how to go about it. So he went to ask Sehun about it.

"Hmm, do you know what kind of flowers she likes?" Sehun asked.

"We went out the other day and I saw her pointing at the boquet of lilies, telling me that she likes the smell of it."

"Then buy her a boquet of that and I will help you plan out the rest."

Kris patted on Sehun's shoulder and exclaimed: "You are the best Sehunnie!" Once Kris was told about his plan after Sehun has a really good idea, he texted Sooyoung the next day.

 

To: Sooyoungie

Hello Sooyoung! Do you have time later during lunch break? I have something to tell you. ;)

 

From: Sooyoungie

Hello! Oh yes I would love to. See you! ^_^

 

Chanyeol's POV

It's gonna be lunch break again, I was resting on my armchair when someone came knocking on my door. 

"Come in."

Sehun appeared behind the glass door and he looked excited.

"Hyung! Kris is going to confess to the girl he likes at the park! Let's go down and see!"

"Wow, he found his true love after a month of breaking up with Vic?" I teased. Sehun laughed and grab my wrist to pull me up from my seat and we went down together. Upon reaching the park, I was amazed by it. Pink balloons are being tied against the trees, each with a sweet confession like "I love you.", "You makes my day goes better." etc. the girl should feel really lucky, I thought. There, I saw Kris kneeling down infront of a girl and holding a boquet of flowers but that girl looks awfully familiar. I went to get a closer look and suddenly I felt that my heart shattering into pieces.

"That's Kris..." I muttered.

"... Confessing to Sooyoung!" Sehun exclaimed happily. I looked at Sehun in awe. He knows her? So it's true, Kris is indeed confessing to Sooyoung. The scene of Sooyoung nodding her head to Kris and they both hugged cracks my heart and I could not even utter a single word. We have been liking the same girl for almost two months amd I'm not even aware of it. But still, I manage to put through a smile on my face and clapped along with the crowd who are cheering for them, including Sehun.

"Don't they look great together?" Sehun smiled happily.

"Yes they are." I replied truthfully, and gave them my blessings even though I still feel a sharp pain through my heart.

If Sooyoung is happy, I will be happy too... Kris, I will give you the chance to prove to Sooyoung that you love her more than I do...

 

 

*Hi readers! Here's a pretty long chapter for you guys! I hope its sweet enough hehe. Pardon my grammar or language usuage as the words I used may seem a lil boring. Anyway, I sort of have the skeleton of the whole story and it will have ten chapters altogether. I thought of writing fanfics of Sooyoung with each of the EXO members but each with different theme. So after this story, the choice of the next member will be up to you readers to decide! Just think about it and comment in here or you guys can wait for me to put a poll at the end of this story. Thank you! :)