Chapter 6

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

Kris have reached the company earlier than usual just to wait for Sooyoung to arrive to work and they can have breakfast together. He stood there waiting and waiting and gradually waited for 20 minutes but Sooyoung didn't appear. That's strange, Sooyoung is always on time for work, and he had already told her that he will be meeting her for breakfast. Kris took out his phone and called her. After umpteen tries, she did not pick up any of his phone calls. Getting extremely worried about his girlfriend, the latter took an urgent leave and went straight to Sooyoung's house. After twenty minutes, Kris has reached the doorstep of the house and pressed on the door bell. The main door opened and a worried looking Junhong is behind the door.

"Junhong! Where's your sister?!" Kris asked worriedly.

"Hyung, I'm just about to call in your office to help noona take an urgent leave... She's having a high fever this morning."

"Ah Sooyoungie... I will call back to the company to inform them. In the meantime, can I go to take a look at her?"

"Sure you can hyung, she's in her room." Junhong replied while pointing to Sooyoung's room. Kris thanked the younger one and proceed towards Sooyoung's room. Being careful by not wanting to disturb Sooyoung, Kris carefully opened the door slowly without making any noises. The room was dark and gloomy with complete silence. There Kris sees his dear girlfriend, lying on her bed asleep. A cold white towel was placed on her forehead to reduce the heat and Sooyoung was sweating cold sweat. Kris slowly walked towards her bed and squatted beside her, being careful not to wake her up. He took the towel from Sooyoung's forehead and slowly patted her cheeks to clean away the sweat.

"So... c.. old..." Sooyoung mumbled in her sleep with a frown on her face. Without hesitation, Kris went up tothe empty space beside Sooyoung and brought her to his embrace by putting his arms around Sooyoung's waist so as to give her the warmth that she needed. It really hurts to see his girlfriend in pain and he could not do anything about it. He could only blame himself for allowing Sooyoung to be caught in the rain with him which caused her to have a fever the next day. The brunette snuggled into Kris' chest and fall asleep soundly.

"I'm sorry my love..." Kris whispered guiltily and pecked Sooyoung on the forehead. Soon, the latter fell asleep while having his girlfriend in his arms.

 

Three hours later...

 

"Omo, my head hurts..." Sooyoung whined while opening her eyes slowly. She can feel a warm air breathing on her forehead. Getting a little shocked, Sooyoung looked up to see who was it and was really surprised to see her boyfriend sleeping soundly beside her with his arms on Sooyoung's waist. A smile immediately forms on Sooyoung's face and she began carressing Kris on his face. Kris woke up and saw his girlfriend, directly in front of his sight. He smiled widely while rubbing his eyes.

"Ah Sooyoungie, you have woken up. Are you feeling better now?" Kris asked in a worried tone while placing his hand on Sooyoung's forehead.

"Mmm I'm feeling better now, why are you doing here? Don't you have to go to work?" The brunette asked curiously.

"How am I able to work when I know my dear girlfriend is having a high fever without telling me." Kris pouted.

"I wanted to call you to inform you, but I slept instead. Sorry..." Sooyoung snuggled into Kris' chest again.

"I should be the one saying sorry to you my dear, I shouldn't have get you drenched under the rain, causing you to be sick." The latter replied guiltily.

"Ahh it's not your fault! I have a weak immune system that's why. Drinking more vitamin should do the trick!" Sooyoung beamed happily. Having to see Sooyoung smiling which means she is really feeling better, but deep down in his heart he's still guilty of causing pain in Sooyoung and thus he hugged her tightly, enjoying the embrace.

"Thank you for accompanying me and to sacrifice your work. Can you promise me one thing? Don't ever leave me as I can't live without you. You are like my happy pill." Sooyoung said while poking Kris' cheeks.

"I will never leave you alone, never."

 

 

"Aish... I got the wrong number again..." Chanyeol mumbled, pulling his hair in frustration while doing his paperwork. He has been losing his focus after knowing the fact that Sooyoung and Kris are together. Although he can feel the stinging pain in his chest, he could not do anything else except for wishing them the best. In Chanyeol's dictionary, ruining other people's relationship was never once his style, especially his best friend's relationship.

"Focus Park Chanyeol, focus!" The latter slapped himself on the face to wake himself up. The latter continue on his work till he knocks off. Massaging his sore nape due to the long working hours, Chanyeol walked towards the carpark to get his car when he saw a tall brunette with her hair plaited, standing alone infront of a white pillar while looking down browsing her phone. She looked extremely beautiful even with only light makeup on.

"Sooyoung..." Chanyeol mumbled to himself, getting caught in his own dilemma on whether to approach Sooyoung or to just look at her from far.

"Aish, I will just talk to her, no harm in talking right?" The tall guy talked to himself like an idiot. Chanyeol plucked his courage, and walked towards Sooyoung when out of a sudden, a familiar looking lady came out of nowhere and is currently holding a knife. She sprinted towards Sooyoung's direction and raised her knife high. Knowing that Sooyoung will be in danger, Chanyeol shouted.

"Sooyoung look out!" Sooyoung looked up in daze when she realise the knife is only a few metres away from her. She screamed and dropped her phone due to the shock. Without any hesitation, Chanyeol dashed forward to stop the mad woman from hurting Sooyoung. He got hold of her arm but was struggling as the woman's strength was hard to beat. Getting a clear look at the lady's face, Chanyeol frowned.

"Victoria? What are you doing just stop it!"

"It's none of your business, let me go!"

After struggling for a moment, the knife sliced Chanyeol's wrist and the lady was shocked to see the blood oozing out. Chanyeol grew dizzy and eventually collapsed. After seeing the latter on the floor, Victoria panicked while dropping her knife and ran away. Fear slowly grew in Sooyoung when she realised that Victoria wants to kill her, but at the same time shocked to the fact that Chanyeol was lying on the ground, with blood on his cut wrist and semi-unconscious. Sooyoung quickly kneeled to the ground and shook Chanyeol hard as she's really terrified of what just happened.

"Chanyeol.... Please wake up!"

 

Having to be unconscious for almost 6 hours, Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes and noticed the unfamiliar environment he's in.

"Ah Chanyeol you're awake!" Sooyoung who was sitting beside his bed exclaimed.

"Where am I?" He asked.

"You're in the hospital now..." The brunette spoke while looking down, feeling guilty. "And it's my fault, mianhe..."

"Nah it isn't your fault, it was Victoria's fault, she shouldn't have done that."

"You know her?" Sooyoung asked.

"Yeah, Kris' ex-girlfriend, I know her."

"And you know Kris too?" The brunette asked again.

"Uh yeah, we have been best friends since high school." Chanyeol beamed. Sooyoung replied with a "Ohhh".

"So, how long have I been asleep?" Chanyeol chuckled while getting himself up.

"About 6 hours? Glad that your injury isn't that serious! The doctor told me that you just lost quite an amount of blood which results you being weak."

"Oh, it still hurts though..." Chanyeol whined jokingly while looking at his wrist which is being bandaged.

"Mianhe... Sorry to have you injured, it should have been me not you..."

"Haha, I'm just joking. No big deal about the cut, at least I survived." Chanyeol winked at her.

"But still thank you for being there just on time to save me, I don't know any other ways to repay your kindness. It's really scary just now..."

"Smile. Just smile everyday, you look pretty when you smile. And forget about the incident earlier on, think about happier stuff."

Sooyoung can feel herself blushing upon Chanyeol's words. They continued to chat about any topics and they laughed heartedly as Chanyeol wants to help Sooyoung to forget about the traumatizing incident earlier on. He hates to see the person he likes in danger. Even though he knows Sooyoung has Kris, he feels that he's grewing closer to Sooyoung as each minute they spent together passed by.

 

Kris who was standing outside the ward room all along looking at them without the noticing with a slight smile on his face. He had witnessed the whole incident earlier on, and was one step behind Chanyeol to protect Sooyoung. Remembering what Victoria had told him after Kris had went to confront her, Kris mumbled to himself.

"You like her Chanyeol, don't you?"