Chapter 5

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

Sooyoung's POV

After the bowling date, Kris and I went for more outings every weekends. I can not express how happy I was whenever we go out together. It's like we are going out for dates but we are not together yet. If I have the courage to confess my feelings for him, I would. But come to think of it, it will be weird to confess to a guy. What if he rejects me? I will be embarrassed for my entire life.

It's time for work the next day after the outing to the cafe near Kris' house.The first half of my day was hectic, a stack of reports are waiting for me to complete. I manage to finish half of it and it's lunch time. Just then I received a message from Kris, who wants to meet me at the park now. I happily agreed and slowly went down to the lobby and walked out of the building. Just when I saw the sight of the park, I was very surprised. From far, I saw many pink balloons being tied at the entrance door of the park. It looks like a wedding party will be held in there, but that's weird. Who will want to have their wedding party at a park which is so near to a furniture company? And what's more, why would Kris wants to meet me here? I scratched my head as I find something weird is going on. Taking small steps, I slowly went in the park.

A soothing music can be heard through the small black radio that was placed on of the the park tables. Not only the balloons are being tied to the entrance door, but they are also tied to the trees. I noticed that words are written on each and every balloons. 

"When I first saw you, I know you are the one."

"Smile more, because I love it."

"Let's go bowling again someday ;)" This balloon caught my attention. Bowling... Isn't that what Kris and I did for our first ever outing together? Just when I was in deep thoughts, I heard someone calling me behind one of the trees. I looked around to find Kris, standing in front of me with both of his hands at his back. He walked towards me with a smile.

"I'm glad that you're here." 

"Neh, what's the matter? And why are we meeting in the park full of balloons?" I asked, feeling weird. That's when Kris starts to speak.

"When the first time we met, I thought an angel has appeared in front of me. An angel whom I never expect to see in my life. And the angel, is none other than you, Miss Choi Sooyoung. At the moment, I was in a state of shock and it took me long enough to process what he is trying to tell me.

"After the break up with my ex-girlfriend, you are the first person to comfort me and tell me that everything will be okay. I was really happy when you first accepted my invitation to go out for an outing together, even though you are aware that I am going with my other friends whom you are a complete stranger with. That's when I started to fall in love with you. Your genuine smile and heart attracts me. You see all these balloons that are being tied to the trees and at the gate? Those are words that I want to tell you for this whole month of outing, but I never had the chance to because I was afraid of your answer. But now here I am, sharing my feelings to the one and only girl that I will love for eternity. Choi Sooyoung, will you be my girlfriend?" Kris asked sweetly after kneeling down on the ground with a boquet of lilies in his hands. My heart is fluttering with joy. Kris.. likes me? This was like a wish come true! I really fancied him throughout this entire month as I really loved to be around him. Soon, crowds are gathering around us and cheered for us.

"Unnie! Accept Kris oppa!" A few of the female workers are shouting.

Trying not to be too excited, I replied while looking down at him:

"Kris oppa, I actually like you too." I can feel my face blushing. "I enjoyed the days when we went out together to have fun and I really loved your company. And to be honest, I can't stop thinking about you everyday. I really wished you can be mine." A wide smile forms on Kris' face. I smiled back, and gave a nod to show that I accept him. He stood up and brought me to his embrace and hugged me tight. Everyone cheered and clapped happily.

"I promise, I will love you for life my dear girlfriend." Kris promised with a wink.

"I will love you forever too, thanks for today my first ever boyfriend." I smiled happily and hugged him tighter. After that, I saw Luna and a smart looking guy walking towards us.

"Congratulations on your first ever relationship unnie!" She exclaimed and gave me a big hug.

"Thank you my dear Luna, is this Jongdae, your new boyfriend?" I grinned and pointed to their interlocking hands.

"Annyeong, I'm Jongdae. Nice to meet you." And he ended his sentence with a polite bow. I smiled back.

"Be sure to take good care of Luna-shi, she can be a baby sometimes so please understand her more." I winked at Jongdae.

"How am I a baby!!" Luna pouted while Jongdae placed his arm over her shoulder. 

"You are a baby in my eyes, my one and only adorable baby." Jongdae cutely replied to Luna with his aegyo. Luna held his hand tight and gave him a peck on his cheek. 

"Kris hyung, treat my unnie well alright! I have no complaints about her actually, she's really nice to everyone!" Luna giggled.

"I will Luna, she will be my angel and no one elses." Kris smirked and ruffled Sooyoung's hair.

 

After the confession to each other, we grew really closer. Kris never fails to fetch me from work every night and brings me out for dinner. For lunch, I will always cook for us to eat as it is a more healtheir choice rather than to eat outside food. Kris always praised my cooking and I am happy that he likes it. After dating about almost 2 months, Kris wanted to go for a movie date for our 2nd monthsary of being together. I happily agreed.

 

From Kris Baby <3

Yeobo! Remember our date tomorrow! I will fetch you as usual at 2pm so as to let my little piggy sleep more. See you tomorrow! <3

 

I giggle to myself and went to sleep after replying his texts. He's really the sweetest guy that I could ever find.

 

Kris' POV

I was up early, too excited to see my dear princess later. Even though we are seeing each other almost everday, you know the feeling of being in love right? You just want to see the person you love dearly everyday without fail.  I got myself ready by wearing a plain blue buttoned shirt with a black denim pants and a new grey high cut shoes that yeobo bought for me upon seeing how torn my old one was. As usual I applied my favourite cologne and went out of the house. It takes about 20 minutes to reach yeobo's house by car. I've been to her house quite a few times, mostly it's for dinner and I love their family a lot as they are very nice to me. Sooyoung's mum is a great cook, no wonder Sooyoung could cook so well haha. Sooyoung's dad is a football fan, same like me and we will often sit down together to discuss about football matches and so on. Sooyoung's brother, Junhong who is around the same height as me, gave himself a nickname called Zelo. He loves to dance and I was amazed by his dancing skills. I always enourage him to sign up for dancing competitions but he does not have the confidence to participate in one. I know someday I will persuade him to join one. Finally, I've reached Sooyoung's house. I knocked on the front door and Sooyoung's mum welcomed me in.

"Hello aunty, I've came to fetch Sooyoungie." I said with a polite bow and followed by a smile.

"Haha I know, Sooyoung had been talking about your upcoming date with her later for the whole day! Wait here, I'll go and get her." Sooyoung's mom replied with a very friendly and warming tone. I waited while aunty went to called Sooyoungie out. I always anticipate her outfit as she's so gorgeous in different kind of outfits. Then, Sooyoungie came out from her room, as expected she's well-dressed today. Wearing a long dress with floral printings, it never fails to show off her tall height which makes her long legs look slender.

"Hello pretty." I smiled cheekily at her and gave a peck on her left cheek.

"Hello handsome." She replied while holding on to my arm. I smiled back and tapped her nose and she wrinkled. It's so cute that it can make my heart melt.

"Lovey dovey is in the house oh!" Junhong came jumping off from the couch and teased us. Sooyoung smacked the back of his head.

"Then there will no supper for you tonight, Kris and I will just buy for umma." Sooyoung winked at Junhong.

"Nooooo Noona I want my supper later!" Junhong wailed like a young child would cry. Sooyoung stuck out her tongue and Junhong pouted. I laughed whilee watching them bickering.

"Aigo, the movies are starting in 30 minutes time, let's go now!" Sooyoung exclaimed after looking at the clock that's hanging on the wall. We bid farewell to Sooyoung's umma and Junhong and we went out. Throughout the entire journey to the movie theatre, Sooyoungie and I have been teasing each other non-stop and I held her hand tightly while I was driving. I really love her soft milky skin in contact with mine. The car was engulfed in her perfume smell, a sweet fruit-like smell and I really like it. Basically, I just love everything about her. Her personality, her smile, her cooking. Everything.

"So what shall we watch?" Sooyoung asked while glancing through the movie posters.

"Hmm, how about this? I heard really good reviews about it and it will be exciting I swear!" I exclaimed while pointing at a horror movie poster.

"Okay then." Sooyoung smiled widely. After buying our tickets, snacks and drinks from the counter. We bought the couple seat and proceed to find our seats. Sooyoungie was munching her caramel popcorn happily with her body close to mine. I put my right arm around her shoulder for her to rest on it and she fed me with popcorns. I was smelling her soft silky hair while waiting for the movie to be screened and she hugged me around my waist and snuggle her face on my chest. The movie began, and it was alright for the first 30 minutes. But when a ghost popped out of nowhere, I heard soft squealing from her and she buried her face in my chest. She's scared. I was amused by her actions and patted her on her back.

"Yeobo ah don't be scared, I will be always beside you for you to hug if you are frightened."

"Really?" She looked up at me in my eyes with a really innocent and scared face. I nodded my head and she pecked my cheek. At the end of the movie, I walked Sooyoungie out with her hands intertwined with mine.

"You didn't tell me that you are afraid of horror movies, if not we can choose another movie to watch." I pouted sadly while pinching her chubby cheeks.

"It's not that I'm afraid, it's just the part where the ghost pops out. It's so scary. I hate those kind of things...."

"Ahhh I see.. I won't choose these kind of movies where things will pop out of nowhere anymore yeobo." I assured her while giving her a hug. She rested on my shoulders.

"Thank you baby, you are the best." She whispered to my ears and carressed my face. I smiled and kiss her on the forehead.

 

"Oppa! I'm craving for mint icecream!" Sooyoung whined, one hand tugging on my arm and the other hand pointing towards an icecream truck a few metres away from us. Seeing how cute she is behaving, I nodded and pinched her cheeks playfully. After finishing our purchase, we went to find a nearby seat to sit down. Sooyoungie was happily enjoying her mint icecream while I was on my chocolate icecream. When I finished my last bite of it, I turned to look at Sooyoung still munching on it and with mint icecream on her lips.

"Sooyoungie ah, don't move." I said and went in front of her. She looked at me with her big sparkling eyes with curiousity. I kneeled down and moved my face towards her and my lips came close to hers. I can hear her breathing getting smaller, probably getting shy. I smiled and began to eat away the icecream stains from her lips. I can hear her heart beating fast. Her lips taste sweet, not just because of the icecream, and her lips are soft. After making sure that there's no stains left on her lips, I pecked her on her lips and ruffled her hair.

"Why does my yeobo eats like a baby?" I teased and she playfully slapped me on my forearm. We laughed heartedly together. Suddenly, I can feel water dropping on my head and then to realise that it was raining quite heavily.

"Oppa let's find shelter!" Sooyoungie exclaimed while pulling my arm. Instead of finding a shelter, I pulled her to an open space.

"If you manage to catch me first." I stuck out my tongue and ran away from her, as I enjoy playing in the rain with my friends before. Sooyoungie chased after me, no matter how fast she ran she still couldn't catch me despite it was still raining heavily. Seeing her being tired after the run, I ran up to her.

"You big bully, now I'm drenched!" Sooyoungie whined with a pout.

"Never play under the rain before?" I asked playfully and Sooyoungie nodded her head. I put my arms around her waist, getting her to my embrace.

"It's okay, this means it's your first time, and we will have a lot of first time memories together in the future, I promise." I smiled sweetly to her and she smiled back widely with a nod.  My eyes began to concentrate on her lips, and slowly my lips touched hers and she kissed back passionately with her arms around my neck. Time stood still as our lips moved together sweetly making me forget how drenched I am. Her soft, warm lips tasted like mint. I could feel her smiling which made me smile too. I pulled away, my forehead leaning against her. She smiled genuinely making her already beautiful brown eyes, even more beautiful.

"Happy second monthsary my love." 

 

 

*Sorry for the delayed update! Coping with school as well! Hope you guys will like this chapter as I tried to make it as sweet as possible! Your comments are valued and Chapter 6 will be ongoing now!