Chapter 7

We Are Meant to Be (Ongoing)

Kris was lying on his bed, having his own world of thoughts. With a troubled mind, he remembered the incident that happened earlier on.

Flashback

Kris was on his way to his car when from far he saw Sooyoung standing infront of a pillar, looking down at her phone. A smiled immediately formed on his face, thinking of giving his girlfriend a surprise greeting. Just as he was about to walk to her, he noticed someone was rushing towards Sooyoung with a knife in her hands. Knowing that Sooyoung in danger, Kris was about to call out for Sooyoung when suddenly he heard a familiar voice infront of him.

"Sooyoung look out!" Kris turned to look who was it and was surprised to see Chanyeol rushing to her side and trying to stop the attacker. The attacker struggled awhile and Kris can hear their conversation clearly even though he still could not get to see the attacker's face.

"Victoria? What are you doing  just stop it!" Chanyeol yelled.

"It's none of your business let me go!" The attacker yelled back.

"Vic..toria?" Kris mumbled and noticed that it was really her who is trying to launch an attack on Sooyoung. Just within a split second, the knife that Victoria was holding dropped with a loud clang, and there's blood on it.

"Oh no no no not Sooyoung." Kris uttered with a shock but it turned out that Chanyeol was the one who's injured. He saw his bestfriend losing his balance and eventually collapsed to the ground.

"Chanyeol.... Please wake up!" Sooyoung cried, with tears trickling down her cheeks and was kneeling beside Chanyeol. Kris stood at his original position which is behind one of the pillars, not knowing what to do. After seeing the blood on Chanyeol's wrist, Victoria nervously ran off to the exit. Kris have the urge to confront with Victoria, but seeing Sooyoung asking for help and Chanyeol who was lying on the ground stings his heart. Should I go to Sooyoung and Chanyeol and help them or should I clarify with Vic so that there won't be any second time? He thought worriedly. Having to see a small crowd forming around Sooyoung and Chanyeol in no time and some even volunteered to call the ambulance, Kris decided to chase after Victoria instead, knowing that Sooyoung will be able to take care of herself and Chanyeol.

The latter ran to the exit and was searching for Victoria angrily and anxiously. While looking around the cafe near the company, Kris noticed Victoria, who was panting and cursing at the same time down an alley. Kris furiously ran up to her.

"Tsk, my plan failed. Why did that Chanyeol even came to interfere." Victoria cursed to herself, not knowing that Kris was behind her and had heard the cursings.

"Victoria what the hell is wrong with you? Why are you doing this to Sooyoung?!" Kris shouted angrily at her, causing Victoria to look back feeling surprised but she gave an evil smile back instead.

"Oh, hello my EX-Boyfriend." Victoria replied vainly, emphasising on the word "Ex". "You saw what happened just now don't you?" Kris just shrugged his shoulders and stared at Victoria with his fiery eyes.

"I repeat, why are you doing this to Sooyoung?!"

"Because I just want her to be gone, and then I can have you back. Simple."

"Are you nuts?! We are over, I don't have any feelings left for you."

"No you are lying! It's because of that stupid right? She stole you away from me, she's better off dead!"

"Shutup Vic! I shall be frank to you, even without her existence, we won't get back together. We are basically two different people and we don't suit well for each other!" That sentence made a silence between both of them. Victoria was holding back her tears, hating Sooyoung even more. Kris on the other hand silently wished that Victoria will think things through. But his wish vanished straight away when Victoria replied.

"She's not worth any of your love Kris." Victoria lowered her tone.

"Why not?" Kris asked sternly, demanding a reasonable answer from her.

"She's a player." Victoria curtly replied.

"Are you creating assumptions again? Since when is she a player I beg to differ please." Kris got even more angry after hearing insults of her girlfriend.

"Didn't you see how your best friend saved her life and get himself injured instead? He likes her it's so obvious. And I bet Chanyeol was seduced by her, or even worse that was already having an affair behind your back." Without any warning, a tight slap landed on Victoria's cheek. 

"You hit me... Just because of that stupid ?" Victoria screamed, getting furious to the fact that Kris actually slapped her.

"Stop your assumptions Vic! You have gone too far and I won't allow you to insult both my girlfriend and best friend! Don't you dare to touch a single hair strand of Sooyoung again." Kris walked off with his blood boiling, leaving Victoria alone. He have never gotten that angry in his life, never. He know that neither one of them will do such foolish acts. Chanyeol is an upright man all along and Kris knew that Sooyoung only loved him, Kris.

"I trust that they are just friends. Oh wait, they knew each other all along?"

Kris was walking alone along the road when he received a message from Sooyoung.

 

From: Sooyoungie <3

Yeobo, I'm currently at the hospital now. Not to worry, it wasn't me who is injured, it's my friend who tried to protect me from danger. I decided to accompany my friend, as I feel really bad.... I'm really sorry for not having dinner with you later! Love you <3

 

Kris felt really bad about his friend Chanyeol for having to get himself injured for the sake of Sooyoung. He silently blamed himself for it, for not handling things in the correct way. He almost got Sooyoung in trouble, but thank god Chanyeol was there to prevent Sooyoung from getting into any danger. He decided to pay Chanyeol a visit and at the same time to see Sooyoung. Even though it's only 5 hours since they last met, he sure missed her.

Upon reaching the hospital as he knows that Chanyeol will be sent to the nearest hospital from the company, Kris asked the staff for his ward room number. Having to come out from the lift, Kris proceed to the wardroom when he heard laughters echoing in the room. Wondering what was it about, Kris peeked through the doors and saw both Sooyoung and Chanyeol are chatting happily.

"I remembered getting myself lost in the forest, I was so scared! Luckily my appa came to find me but I peed my pants and he scolded me instead." Chanyeol said while laughing non-stop, which made Sooyoung laughed too. Having to see Sooyoung laughed, a bright smile forms on Chanyeol's face, with his huge puppy eyes staring at Sooyoung's face.

"Chanyeol, that smile and laughter of yours... It's like the time you first fell in love. And the way you looked at her..." Kris thought to himself, with neither a smile nor a frown on his face. Eventually, Kris let out a slight smile and mumbled.

"You like her Chanyeol, don't you?"

 

End of Flashback

 

"Sigh, I just hope Victoria will just stop her nonsense and leave Sooyoung alone." Kris sighed, not knowing what to do. He failed to protect his girlfriend from danger. He failed as a boyfriend. He found himself so useless out of a sudden. Kris decided to call up Sooyoung.

"Hello yeobo!" Sooyoung on the other line beamed happily.

"Hello Sooyoungie, are you at home yet?" Kris asked with a concerned tone.

"Ahh yes, just! I'm on my couch now resting, it has been a long day for me."

"Take a rest youngie. By the way, how's your friend who's in the hospital now?"

"Oh, he's fine now! By the way you know the person, he's Chanyeol!"

"Ahh Chanyeol? You guys know each other? He saved you?" Kris pretends to be oblivious about the whole incident.

"Haha yes, did I mention to you that I got lost in the building during the first day of work? Chanyeol offered help to bring me to the park to meet Luna." Kris thought that the scenario that Sooyoung was talking about was familiar, and he immediately thought of the day when Chanyeol shared that he helped a cute lady as she had lost her way in the building.

"Oh, so he already like Sooyoung for a long time..." Kris pondered.

"Hello? Kris are you there?" Sooyoung asked, breaking Kris' thoughts.

"Oh yesyes I'm here. I should really thank him for saving my princess." Kris chuckled.

"Haha yes, it's really scary, expecially seeing Victoria around... I think she's mad at me for being together with you..."

"She has no rights to get mad babe, we are over. I only have feelings for you, only you. I will protect you from her no matter how hard it can be."

"Thank you yeobo, I really appreciate it." Sooyoung's tone became lighter and happier.

"By the way, let's go and have some fun tomorrow." Kris replied.

"Sure! But can I ask Luna and Jongdae to join too? And we can have a double date!" Sooyoung exclaimed.

"I'm thinking of asking Sehun and Yoona to join in too." Kris said and they both laughed.

"Is this called telepathy?" Sooyoung teased.

"I think so keke. So let's call the rest for a game of tennis tomorrow how about that?"

"That will be fun! Alright I will call Luna now!"

"Okay, I will call Sehun then. See you tomorrow my love." Kris made a kissing sound through his lips and Sooyoung return one too and they hung up the phone call.

"I will protect you from any danger Youngie, I promise.