Chapter 12

In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it. – Shannon L. Alder

The light coming from the slowly rising of the sun greets us as we sat on the grass and enjoyed the view of Yongnuni Oreum. What an exciting way to start a relationship, I thought to myself. A sunrise that signaled a new day, a new beginning. How poetic. I’m suddenly both thrilled and scared. This is my first relationship and I don’t have any idea what to do. Is there such a thing as teaching someone the basics of dating? A short course called Relationship 101 perhaps? I think I need to talk to Yoona regarding this thing. I don’t want to jeopardize anything. I like him too much to mess this thing up. I can’t help but sigh. Now that the excitement of finally knowing that Yonghwa Oppa likes me wears off, my anxiousness returned tenfold. I suddenly feel afraid and unsure of a lot of things.

I chance a look at him and saw him staring straight ahead, obviously enjoying the sunrise. I involuntarily shiver from the cold and because of this, Yonghwa Oppa wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. I can’t help but lean on his body for warmth, resting my head on his shoulder.

“It’s beautiful,” I commented, staring at the sun lighting up the amazing view below us, adding serenity to the atmosphere.

“Beautiful indeed,” Yonghwa Oppa softly said. I felt his eyes on me as he said those words so I shift my face towards him and saw him staring at me. I offered a smile in return.  We both go back to watching the view before us.

“Oppa,” I called him, shifting to look at him. “Thank you for bringing me here,” I said. Yonghwa Oppa gaze at me with a ready smile on his face.

“I should be the one thanking you. For agreeing to be with me,” he replied. He lifted his hands and the side of my face, fixing the loose tendrils of my hair behind my ear. “Thank you,” he softly said.

“Can I tell you something?” I asked him. 

“Anything,” he answered while still my cheek.

“I’m scared,” I whispered. I looked down at my lap, avoiding his eyes. Yonghwa Oppa put his hand below my chin and lift my head, making me look back into his eyes. “What are you scared of? Me?” he asked, looking worried all of a sudden.

“No, it’s not you. It’s just –“I struggled to explain what I’m feeling. Yonghwa Oppa waited for me while I searched for the right words to say. “You’re my first,” I said, hoping for him to understand without me giving him the specifics.

“Really?” he asked incredulously. I looked back at him and saw a beginning of smile return to his face, replacing the worried look earlier. “I find that hard to believe,” he added, smirking at me.

Now it’s my turn to frown at him. “Why not? Do I look like I have multiple boyfriends before you?” I asked him. “For your information, I haven’t had a serious relationship or any kind of relationship. I haven’t even experience a “some” kind of dating,” I said, fully realizing that I’m pouting at him but I can’t help it. Do I really look like I’ve been in and out of relationships?

Yonghwa Oppa beamed at me. “You kissed me first, Seohyun,” he reminded me, still sporting that smirk on his face that I’m now itching to erase.

“That doesn’t mean I’ve had many boyfriends. I did that to take Hakyeon off my back,” I said indignantly. I shift away from him and crossed my arms in front of my chest. I turned to look at the view below us once again but now with a frown on my face.

“You gave your first kiss to me just because you want someone to stop bothering you?” Yonghwa asked, looking amused at my facial expressions. “What if it’s not me who helped you then? Does that mean you would have kissed a total stranger just to make Hakyeon go away?”

“I wouldn’t have done that if it wasn’t you. I don’t know what came to me back then but what I do know is if it wasn’t you who helped me, I would have done something different to make Hakyeon go away,” I explained, crossing my arms on my chest. “Besides, for me that doesn’t count. As far as I’m concern, I haven’t had my first kiss.”

“Fine. Fine. I believe you,” Yonghwa Oppa said, pulling me close to him again. He held both my shoulders and made me turned to face him. “I believe you Seohyun,” he repeated, smiling that crooked smile that I like so much.

“You better. Why would I lie to you?” I replied. “How about you? How many girlfriends have you had?” I asked him, completely appeased at his words.

“Only one,” he said, smiling at me with a sudden sad expression in his eyes. I remember the girlfriend that he once talked about. The one who died in an accident. His first love.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, watching his face closely and trying to read his mind thru his facial expression.

“Why are you apologizing?” he asked me with obvious surprise on his face.

“I reminded you of her-“I started to say but Yonghwa Oppa put his finger on my lips to silence me.

“You don’t have to apologize for that. I’m fine. I’m alright. I wouldn’t be with you if I’m not,” he said seriously. He held my face with both of his hands, caressing both of my cheeks. “She’s my past. I loved her then I admit but that part of my life has ended. I’m starting anew. I’m with you now. You’re my present and my future. Always remember that,” Yonghwa Oppa explained, looking straight at my eyes.

“I understand,” I nodded my head and beamed at him. He continued caressing my face and smiling at me and I’m pretty sure I’m smiling at him the same way.

“Don’t be afraid, Seohyun-ah. You’re with me. We’ll face everything together. I won’t leave you. I won’t let you go,” Yonghwa Oppa assured me, effectively erasing my fears with just a little words coming from him.

“Thank you Oppa,” I replied. I moved closer to him, erasing the remaining distance between us and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled in him, enjoying his warmth.

“You hugged me first,” he commented. His lips mere inches away from my ear. I gasped when I felt him breathe close to me.

“You hugged me earlier,” I countered, remembering his heartfelt and somewhat rambling confession.

“No, you hugged me first. You hugged me before saying yes,” he said, correcting me. I moved my face slightly backward to look at him. “Are you complaining?” I asked him. He quickly shook his head and put his hand on the back of my head, guiding me back to his arms. “Feel free to hug me anytime,” he whispered before cuddling his face on my neck.

We stayed that way for a while, both enjoying the feel of each other. I shifted my head and saw the landscape again with the sun fully brightening it more, making it more beautiful. “It’s really beautiful here,” I whispered on his neck.

“I thought that it will be nice to start here with the sunrise and the whole Jeju Island as our witness. Sunrise signals new beginning,” he said, pulling me closer to him.

“I thought so too. How fitting that you brought me here in Yongnuni Oreum,” I said.

“What do you mean?” he asked, leaning back to see me. I smiled at him. “Yongnuni. Dragon eye. Yong as in dragon. Yong Hwa Oppa,” I explained, giving emphasis on the word “Yong”.

“That’s a good idea but the meaning of my name is ‘harmonious face’ and not ‘dragon fire,” he said, indicating the literal translation of his name.

“But still, isn’t it fate that you brought me here to watch the sunrise? To confess here in the hill named with the first character of your name?” Seohyun asked excitedly.

Yonghwa Oppa just smiled at me, with clear amusement on his face. “I used to believe that there’s no such thing as fate but the evidences in front of me suggest otherwise. I was given a second chance at life and I realize that there are things we just can’t control by our choices. Meeting you. Being with you. Those are examples of things I have no control over,” he said.

“Why do I find everything you say so cheesy but romantic at the same time?” I asked him, feeling my heart beats faster hearing his words.

“Because you like me?” he answered confidently combined with the shrugging his shoulders and a wink.

“Maybe,” I agreed. Yonghwa Oppa once again wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. He even swayed our bodies left and right.

“Seohyun-ah, I’m so happy right now. I wish we’ll always be like this,” he said before placing a soft kiss on top of my head.

“I hope so too Oppa,” I replied, hoping the same things with him.

 

“There’s this thing called Christmas Gala that our family is hosting on Christmas Day. Will you go with me?” Yonghwa Oppa mentioned while we were walking hand in hand downwards after spending almost an hour and a half on top of the hill.

“I heard of that,” I replied, feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden when I remembered my conversation with Jinwoon about that topic and what happened after. “Jinwoon told me last night.”

“He did. What did he say?” Yonghwa Oppa asked. He stopped walking and turned to me, waiting for my answer.

“He asked me if I want to go with him,” I replied. Yonghwa Oppa stood in front of me in silence, taking in the words that I just said.

“Did you say yes? Will you go with him?” he asked me after a little while.

I shook my head in disagreement. “I said that I can’t. That I see him as my older brother. I don’t feel the same way as he does for me, Oppa. He knows that. We already talked about that,” I said, explaining hurriedly, remembering Yonghwa Oppa’s initial reaction when he knew that Jinwoon likes me. I don’t want him to avoid me again. Not now when we’re finally together.

“I’ll talk to Jinwoon. I’ve been planning to talk to him for a while now but I haven’t found the right time. I’ll tell him that we’re together,” Yonghwa Oppa said, squeezing my hand that he is holding.

“Let’s talk to him together. That way we can explain it better,” I offered to which Yonghwa Oppa shook his head.

“It’s better if I talk to him alone. It should come from me,” Yonghwa Oppa said. He put his arm around my shoulder and guide me to walk again. I interlaced my hand on his hand that’s on my shoulder.

“Alright but you have to tell me everything after you talked to him. Promise me?” I conceded while we continue walking. Yonghwa Oppa smiled, nodding his head in approval.

“Is it ok if I introduce you to my parents? I want to take you to them. To let them see you,” I asked after walking in comfortable silence.

“I’d love to. I want to meet your brother too,” Yonghwa Oppa replied. “I hope they like me,” he added.

“I’m sure they’ll love you. Plus, Inguk Oppa and you have a lot in common seeing as you’re both doctors,” I said, excited at the chance of introducing Yonghwa Oppa as my boyfriend.

“I hope so,” Yonghwa Oppa said, grinning at me with an evident delight at our plans. I beamed at him and leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked together towards our new beginning.

“Seohyun-ah” he called me while walking.

“Yes?” I asked him, looking straight at the vast field ahead of us.

“What’s the meaning of having a “some” relationship?” he asked to which I giggled. I forgot that my use of new vocabulary words may confuse him. As we continue walking, I explained to him the meaning of a “some” dating.

 

Jinwoon arrived to the dining hall after his morning exercise. He spotted Yoona, Eunji and Jungshin already having their breakfast. “Where’s Seohyun?” he asked after sitting on one of the empty seats. Eunji and Jungshin just shrugged their shoulders which told him they doesn’t know. He turned to Yoona hoping she has the answer.

“She went with Yonghwa Oppa to Yongnuni Oreum. They’ll be back before we start the tour,” Yoona answered before continuing her breakfast.

Before Jinwoon can react, Kyuhyun arrived at their table and greeted them a good morning. “Hey guys, the tour to the Teddy Bear Museum and the Folk Village Museum is cancelled. You have a free day. Just make sure to return to the hotel before dinner for our closing ceremony. A campfire will be held,” Kyuhyun informed them.

“Really?” Yoona and Eunji exclaimed, both are truly elated at the news. When Kyuhyun nodded his head in confirmation, the two embraced each other and squeal with joy. Jungshin just laughed at their antics while shaking his head.

“Why is it cancelled?” Jinwoon asked.

“The student council decided to let them have a free day. The festival was successful and the students have been in their best behavior in yesterday’s activities so we decided to give them a treat,” Kyuhyun explained.

“Thanks Kyu,” Jungshin said. “Won’t you come with us? We’ll roam Jeju today,” he offered. Meanwhile, Yoona and Eunji are busy listing the places they want to visit.

“I’ll pass. I’ll go with the student council. We’ll visit the ever famous Love Land. Want to join us?” Kyuhyun said with a grin.

“No thanks. We’ll wait for Seohyun and Yonghwa then we’ll plan on where to go,” Jinwoon declined Kyuhyun’s offer.

“Oh, that. I talked to Yonghwa earlier. I already told them that the tour is cancelled. Seohyun said that they’ll still visit the Teddy Bear Museum,” Kyuhyun informed Jinwoon and the others. Jinwoon frowned upon hearing it. He suddenly felt uncomfortable with the fact that Seohyun is with Yonghwa and that the two of them are making plans without them. He remembered the pepero game yesterday and the happy expressions of the two of them while hugging after their win.

“We’ll just call Seohyun and asked them where we’ll meet,” Yoona said excitedly. “Enjoy the Love Land Kyuhyun Sunbae.”

“Thanks. Enjoy your day too,” Kyuhyun said before leaving the four of them to inform the other students of the changes in their schedule.

“I’ll just go get some food. Yoona can you call Seohyun and ask her what time they’ll be back so we can get ready too,” Jinwoon said before standing up and leaving the three but not before Yoona agreed with an OK sign using her fingers.

Jinwoon was busy getting his breakfast when he saw Hakyeon who happened to be in the line after him. “Good morning Sunbae,” Hakyeon greeted him.

“Good morning,” Jinwoon greeted back as he continue to choose the foods that he will eat.

“I just want to say that I really admire you Sunbae,” Hakyeon said while he too get his breakfast.

“Huh? Thanks but may I ask what makes you say that?” Jinwoon asked Hakyeon. To say that he’s shocked by what Hakyeon said was an understatement. Jinwoon can’t help but looked at Hakyeon as he choose his food.

“I mean, it must have been hard to see your brother date Seohyun. You like her right?” Hakyeon said nonchalantly. “You’re really cool Sunbae,” he added.

“What? Seohyun and Yonghwa are dating?” Jinwoon asked Hakyeon. Hakyeon looked surprise upon hearing Jinwoon’s question.

“You didn’t know Sunbae? It’s all over the campus. Seohyun even said it herself when we last talked,” Hakyeon said not so innocently. “You saw them last night kissing right? I thought you already knew,” Hakyeon remarked, referring to the peppero game last night.

“I need to go. Nice seeing you Hakyeon. Enjoy your free day,” Jinwoon abruptly said, leaving Hakyeon. He didn’t notice Hakyeon’s sneer after he left.

Jinwoon returned to their table with a troubled look on his face. He turned to Yoona, intending to ask her the truth about what Hakyeon said but he stopped and didn’t continue. “Have you talked to Seohyun?” Jinwoon asked instead.

“Yeah. She and Yonghwa Oppa are on their way back here. She said they’ll be here in about 10 – 20 minutes,” Yoona answered.

“Go eat your breakfast Jinwoon. They’re fine,” Jungshin said, getting Jinwoon’s chair for him. Jinwoon sat and started eating his breakfast in silence. He can’t stop thinking about Hakyeon’s words.

Meanwhile, Eunji and Yoona are busy planning their itinerary for that day. Jungshin also joined the planning, giving some suggestions on places they can visit which are mostly famous restaurants.

Just as when Jinwoon is finishing his breakfast, Seohyun and Yonghwa came through the entrance. Eunji waved at them and the two went straight to their table. Yonghwa pulled a chair for Seohyun before he sat next to her. “How’s Yongnuni Oreum?” Yoona asked excitedly.

“It’s beautiful. The sunrise and the hills are amazing,” Seohyun gushed as she talked about all the things that she saw in Yongnuni Oreum. Yonghwa remained quiet, occasionally nodding his head in agreement to Seohyun’s words and keeping his smile on his face. Yonghwa even handed a bottle of water to drink for Seohyun after she describe their trip in full details but not mentioning the changed status of their relationship to Yoona and Eunji. All of this have been observed by Jinwoon while he quietly listened to Seohyun.

“Where are we going today?” Seohyun asked after she relied her trekking experience. Yoona and Eunji once again squealed in excitement.

“I’m so excited. We’ll first go to the Teddy Bear Museum, then to Mt. Hallasan National Park. After that we’ll go to the Trick Art Museum and have lunch in Black Pork Street. After lunch, we’ll go to the Maze Park and lastly to Manjanggul Cave,” Eunji and Yoona explained their itinerary for the day.

“Wow! You really planned it well,” Jungshin commented, looking amazed at Yoona and Eunji.

“Let’s freshen up and meet in the lobby after 30 minutes?” Seohyun suggested. Everyone nod their head in assent and they all stood up to go back to their rooms to get ready for the day.

“I’ll take it,” Seohyun softly said, taking her bag from Yonghwa.

“Are you sure? I can take it to your room first,” Yonghwa offered. Both of them are still standing beside their table while the others have started walking towards the elevators.

“I’m fine. When will you talk to Jinwoon?” Seohyun asked Yonghwa. She stole a glance to their friends, particularly to Jinwoon and saw the latter looking at them too.

“I’ll talk to him when we get back to Seoul,” Yonghwa answered. He squeezed Seohyun’s hands away from Jinwoon’s sight to reassure her and then letting it go quickly. “Relax. We should be enjoying today. It’s our free day,” Yonghwa added.

“You’re right,” Seohyun agreed. She finally relaxed and gave Yonghwa a smile in return. “Let’s go.” The two of them started walking, following their friends. Yonghwa, Jungshin and Jinwoon went to their room to get ready and the girls went to theirs.

Yonghwa is arranging his bag when Jungshin suddenly bounced on his bed. “Yah! Why didn’t you invite Jinwoon and me in Yongnuni Oreum?”

“You were both sleeping soundly so I didn’t bother you. I know you’re both tired from the plane ride and your work,” Yonghwa answered, placating Jungshin. Jinwoon, on the other hand, chose to stay quiet and continue fixing his bag.

The three of them went back to the lobby to wait for the girls. When they spotted them walking towards them, Jungshin waved at them. Yoona and Eunji walked faster while Seohyun just shook her head seeing them so excited.

All of them fully enjoyed the free time that was given to them. They first went to the Teddy Bear Museum and saw the stuff toys dressed in different costumes depicting different situations. They enjoyed taking pictures and had a good time seeing the variety of teddy bears in the museum. After the museum, they went to Mt. Hallasan National Park where they saw the highest mountain in Korea. They took the Eoseungsaengak Trail which was the shortest trail with only a 1.3 km trail that took 30 minutes to reach the top. Jungshin, their resident photographer took lots of pictures of the mountain as well as them.

Their next stop was the Trick Art Museum but they didn’t take a long time to enjoy the museum. Yoona and Eunji urged them to move faster, both claiming that they are already hungry. They had their lunch at one of the restaurant in Black Pork Street. There they rest and eat, recharging their bodies while checking the fun pictures that all of them took.

After having their lunch, they went to Gimnyeong Maze Park. There they had a little competition as to who will be the fastest team to complete the maze. Eunji chose Jinwoon as her partner and Yoona chose Jungshin. This left Seohyun and Yonghwa as a team. Yoona and Jungshin went first, followed by Eunji and Jinwoon then lastly Seohyun and Yonghwa. Eunji, Seohyun, Yonghwa and Jinwoon waited in the observation deck while Yoona and Jungshin tried to complete the maze. Mid-way through the maze, Yoona ended up calling Seohyun to guide them out of it which earned a lot of laughs.

Eunji and Jinwoon tried it next and because they had a chance to see the maze in the observation deck, they finished it quickly much to the disappointment of Yoona and Jungshin. Last to try the maze was Seohyun and Yonghwa. Upon entering the maze, Yonghwa quickly hold Seohyun’s hand and put it inside his pocket.

“Oppa?” Seohyun turned to Yonghwa, looking at their clasped hand together.

“I wanted to do this all day,” Yonghwa said, squeezing her hand inside his pocket. “Don’t worry, it won’t be visible on the observation deck,” Yonghwa added before winking at her. Seohyun breathe a sigh of relief.

“Wait,” Seohyun pulled Yonghwa’s arms closer to her and took out her phone to take a picture of them together. Yonghwa smiled and moved closer to her. “I wanted to do this all day,” Seohyun said, copying Yonghwa’s words.

Yonghwa laughed and messed her hair using his other hand that was not holding hers. “We already have a lot of pictures,” he commented.

“Yeah, but with them and the few pictures of us together were taken in haste so that they won’t notice. I wanted a decent picture of us together enjoying this trip,” Seohyun replied.

Yonghwa took out his phone and nudged Seohyun’s shoulder to pose for another picture. “I want to have a picture of us too. For inspiration,” Yonghwa said. They went inside and try to finish the maze slower than the others so that they can enjoy the quiet time alone.

Their last stop is the famous Manjanggul Cave. Manjanggul Cave is the longest lava tube in the world. It is 5 meters wide, between 5 to 10 meters high and is over 13 km long. The lava tube, which formed about 2.5 million years ago, has been well preserved, revealing a splendid interior that is out of this world. Only one kilometer of its total length is open to tourists.

Because of dim lighting, they only took a couple of pictures so they just decided to enjoy the rock formations and the natural wonders itself, especially when they reached the Turtle Rock which is one of the best feature of the cave.

It was nearing dinner time when they go back to their hotel and judging by Kyuhyun’s appearance in the lobby waiting for them, it was obvious that the student council were worried already. “I told you to contact us from time to time,” Kyuhyun reminded them when they reached him in the front desk.

“Sorry, we completely forgot the time,” Jinwoon said, appeasing Kyuhyun.

“Come on, everyone’s at the dining hall already. We’ll have dinner then meet outside for our camp fire and closing ceremony. Boys, help us get some fire woods later after you eat,” Kyuhyun ordered them. All of them followed Kyuhyun to the dining hall to eat.

After dinner, different tasks were given by the club presidents to their members. The girls were assigned in arranging the set-up for the camp fire while Yonghwa and Jungshin were included in gathering the firewood needed. Jinwoon opted to stay with Seohyun to help her with her tasks and to have a chance to spend some alone time with her as well. He had been trying to talk to her alone all day but Eunji, Yoona and sometimes Jungshin is always on the way. Surprisingly, Yonghwa maintained a safe distance from Seohyun all throughout their trip. Although Jinwoon once saw them discreetly taking pictures away from them and that one instance where he saw them taking selfies and smiling with each other before entering the maze.

He had been closely observing the two during their trip especially when they were partnered to enter the maze. He even saw Yonghwa holding Seohyun’s hand on his pocket inside the maze though he’s not sure if he’s seeing it correctly because of the distance of the observatory deck to them at that time. One thing is for sure, something is going on between them and he is determined to find that out. He also wanted to ask Seohyun about the truth regarding what Hakyeon said to him.

“Oppa, can you get some chairs inside and help us put it there?” Eunji asked him, pointing to one part of the field where the camp fire will be held. Jinwoon nodded and went to get the chairs. He saw Yonghwa and Jungshin walking with the fire woods and Seohyun watching Yonghwa. It’s as if Yonghwa felt Seohyun’s gaze so he looked at her and the two of them share a smile. Jinwoon frowned seeing their interactions. He didn’t know why he’s suddenly bothered by their closeness. Yonghwa knows that he likes Seohyun so he’s sure that he wouldn’t make a move on her. Clearly there is a rule for that. Family members don’t fall in love with the same girl. That’s only for drama and movies.

 

Seohyun and Yoona are arranging the seats on the other side of the field when Yoona saw Seohyun and Yonghwa sharing a smile. Yoona beamed and nudged Seohyun with a teasing smile. “Stop it,” Seohyun said, she can’t stop herself from smiling.

“So, what really happen in Yongnuni Oreum?” Yoona asked her best friend.

Seohyun looked at her before taking a quick glance to Yonghwa’s direction again. “I told you already. We enjoyed trekking. Yongnuni Oreum is very scenic,” Seohyun answered.

“You’re hiding something. You’re basically glowing with happiness when you return and I saw how attentive Yonghwa Oppa is to you. I also saw you two secretly take pictures while we’re on our trip,” Yoona replied. She looked closely at Seohyun, observing her actions and facial expressions. “Will you tell me or do I have to force you?” she asked Seohyun with her mock threat.

“Fine, we talked too. Oppa asked me to be his girlfriend,” Seohyun softly said. She quickly scanned her surroundings, making sure that no one will hear before answering Yoona.

Yoona squealed in delight and hugged Seohyun tightly. “Really? Oh my God! What did you say? Did you say yes?” she asked Seohyun. Seohyun nodded yes and Yoona proceeded to embrace her best friend once again. “I’m so happy for you. You’ve finally found someone you like. Yonghwa Oppa is lucky to have you,” Yoona gushed in happiness as she squished Seohyun in a tight hug.

A loud crash startled Yoona and Seohyun. They looked to the sound of the crash and saw Jinwoon standing there with scattered chairs on his feet, looking at the two of them. “What did you just say?” Jinwoon asked Yoona.

“Jinwoon – “Seohyun took a step closer to him, surprised written on her face. She didn’t meant for Jinwoon to hear what she and Yoona are talking about.

“You’re dating who? You like Yonghwa?” Jinwoon asked again. He turned to Seohyun and the moment he took a look at her face, he got the answers to his questions.

“I’m sorry Jin--,” Seohyun apologized but Jinwoon turned his back on them and walk away. Seohyun followed him, calling his name but Jinwoon ignored her. He crossed the field and went in the direction he last saw Yonghwa. He saw him laughing with Jungshin as they pile the woods that they’ll be using. Jinwoon walked faster when he saw where Yonghwa was.

He put his hand on Yonghwa’s shoulder and turned him to face him before shoving him to the ground. “Hey, what are you doing?” Jungshin said, standing between Jinwoon and Yonghwa. Yonghwa, on the other hand, stood up and looked at Jinwoon with a shock expression.

“What’s wrong Jinwoon?” Yonghwa asked him. Jinwoon clenched his fist and took another step towards Yonghwa but Jungshin stopped him.

“Yah! What the hell are you doing Jung Jinwoon?” Jungshin asked his friend.

“Is it true? Answer me! Is it true?” Jinwoon shouted, ignoring Jungshin. He glared at Yonghwa. At that moment, Seohyun and Yoona reached them. Seohyun quickly stood beside Yonghwa, holding his arms while Yoona stood behind Jungshin, facing Jinwoon.

“I’m sorry Oppa. He overheard Yoona and me talking about us,” Seohyun quickly explained to Yonghwa.

“Talk to me damn it! Answer me!” Jinwoon shouted. His annoyance was multiplied when he saw Seohyun explaining to Yonghwa what happened.

“Will you calm down, Jung Jinwoon? Why the hell are you shouting?” Jungshin questioned his best friend while he continued to stand between him and Yonghwa.

“What’s going on here?” Kyuhyun asked when he and Eunji reached them. By that time all of the students noticed the commotion and all of them are openly staring at the ruckus. Hakyeon was observing them with a satisfied smirk on his face. Eunji was torn between standing beside Yonghwa or with Jinwoon. She already had an inkling as to what was happening seeing Jinwoon’s anger and how Seohyun was holding Yonghwa’s arms.

“Jinwoon, can we talk about this privately?” Yonghwa asked Jinwoon calmly.

“Just answer the damn question! Are you guys together? Are you dating her?” Jinwoon yelled at them. Jungshin looked at Seohyun and Yonghwa and noticed how the two of them is standing close together. Yoona subtly nod her head to confirm Jungshin’s silent question. Eunji step beside Jinwoon and held his arms, “Oppa calm down,” she whispered.

“It’s true. I’m sorry. We’re planning on telling you but –“ Yonghwa replied but he stop when Jinwoon rushed towards him and grabbed his collar. Yonghwa quickly pushed Seohyun behind him, shielding her from Jinwoon’s wrath. Jungshin tried to pry Jinwoon away from Yonghwa but Jinwoon just shrugged Jungshin away instead.

“I trusted you. We’re family. You knew how I feel about her. How can you do this to me?” Jinwoon said angrily, glaring daggers at Yonghwa.

“I’m sorry Jinwoon,” Yonghwa said before Jinwoon punched him in the face. Seohyun and Yoona shouted in shock. Yonghwa was thrown to the ground with Jinwoon’s punch and Seohyun quickly went to help him stand. Jungshin held Jinwoon, pulling him away from Yonghwa with Eunji’s help.

“Enough!” Kyuhyun’s voice bellowed at them. “You all better stop acting like children and explain to me what’s going on!” Kyuhyun looked at them one by one, settling on Jinwoon last.

“Why don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter