Twenty-Two

Diarist

TWENTY-TWO


 

Aki texted Detective Park “Good morning Detective Park, I cannot come in the office today because I have to go somewhere and it was relate to the case. Inform me if your team found the suspect’s hideout or witness for the case. Good luck and thank you”. Donghae knocked and then he entered room, saw Aki wear already the school uniform, “I do not have Rin’s school bag” he said. The girl showed a red shoulder bag “Is this okay?” and Donghae nodded at her, “Minwoo’s locker key is with me...you can also use his school supplies for today”, “We can check his things also” said Aki to Donghae

Both of them went outside and walked together in the streets, to the school and while they were walking, Donghae told her Rin’s behavior in the school and she was part of the archery club. “Do I have club practice today?” asked Rin and Donghae replied her, “an Archery club practice hour is every Tuesdays and Thursdays and obviously you don’t have practice today because it’s Monday”. Aki sighed in relief, “I’m safe, well soccer and tracking field are my top sports...archery is the least”

Donghae exclaimed, “You can play soccer! It’s rare a girl will play that kind of sport” he grinned and proudly said, “You know what I am the team captain of the soccer”. Aki amazed and smiled at him, “Cool...Minwoo also play soccer right?” and the boy nodded and commented, “In my observation, you will not think that he is bad guy because of being friendly and cheerful person”. When they at the school gate, many students were walking to the school entrance “In Switzerland, I am only study at home because of my career as a detective” said Aki to Donghae and he commented, “Rich kid”

Aki laughed softly, “I’m not, Donghae later don’t ever leave me in the classroom and I will feel awkward once you did that” she directly said to Donghae and the boy ruffled her hair, “Yes Ma’am”. She kept told herself that she was Rin and be natural and the girl followed Donghae and while they were on the way to the classroom, the teacher greeted them as she saw them, “Study first before love life” she added in tease them and Donghae gave the teacher a fake smile. Aki bowed at the teacher and said that they will go in the locker room as she was saying goodbye to the teacher.

In the locker room, Donghae lend Minwoo’s locker key to Aki and she opened the locker, took the books and she took a photo of Rin, showed to Donghae “Sometimes, you must take a peak here” said Aki and Donghae said, “I’m not like that” and the detective commented him in serious tone “And because of your kindness, people can fool you easily”. Donghae felt silent as he thought that Aki was right, “However its okay to be soft at them but sometimes you must show your other side so that people will think that your softness has limitations” Aki told him like a little boy who needs an advice from his mother and then they went outside together from locker room as they were going to their classroom. “I thought you two ended your relationship?!” the boy teased them as they entered the classroom together and the students were laughed at the boy’s said, “Well Rin is one who broke up with Donghae. Ya! Lee Rin, I didn’t know you were a flirty person and a two-timer” the students laughed more when the girl was sitting in the teacher’s table commented. Aki just looked away from the girl and followed Donghae as he said that her seat was in front row and she does not need to worry because his seat was near to her.

When Aki sat on the armchair, three girls approached her and the leader of the group threw her bag from armchair. She thought that she will just waste her time dealing with those girls and denied them, “Where’s your new boyfie? You were crazy aren’t you as you want Donghae and Minwoo fought over you” said the girl, “Don’t think be ambitious that you are pretty and you are just attractive person” said the friend of the girl. Aki stood up from the armchair and glared at them, “Are you guys done? I will not waste ranting at you guys but all I need to say is you guys have no right to judge me unless you guys knew the whole truth” It . If I am Rin now, I feel lie to myself now, she thought

The whole class made a ‘woah’ expression while Donghae just smile slightly as he thought that the girl who standing right now was a fake Rin. When the first period teacher arrived, the whole class became silent and the students came back on their seat. And then, 10 minutes before the classes ended, Donghae raise his hand and showed an excuse paper to the teacher. “Soccer practice again?” asked the teacher and Donghae spoke up, “May I excuse Rin also?”

The teacher agreed and said, “Yes she can because she was new soccer team manager”

Aki and Donghae shocked on what the teacher said and the boy immediately told the teacher that she cannot be manager of the team because she was part in the archery team.
“Rin you didn’t tell to your boyfriend that you already quit in the archery team before you absent four weeks ago” said the teacher to ‘Rin’ (Aki). And Aki nodded and continue pretend as Rin, then a student in back row shouted, “Sir! Donghae is not Rin’s boyfriend anymore” and the teacher replied, “Oh really? I am not believed in you Sungjae, you are just jealous on their relationship”. The students laughed on the teacher and the two went exited the classroom as they carried their bags

When they went outside from the classroom and walking to the field and when they were at the school field, since the members of the team doesn’t arrived yet, Aki expressed her frustration about her sister Rin to Donghae, “I am not expected it will reveal and when I pretend as my sister, I feel so sick” she heaved to calm herself down as she avoid to say the words that cannot be said, “Let’s take seat on that bench, there was something you need to know” said Aki to Donghae

Donghae took a phone from his bag and read a message from his teammate that they will arrive on the field around 10 because their teacher did not allowed them to practice soccer on time and its okay from him as he has time to listen Aki. He thought that Aki was serious about it and began more curious. Finally they sat on the bench and Aki made an agreement before she started, “You are only person I will be telling this and promise me, you won’t tell this to anyone especially to my brother” and Donghae said ‘yes’ to her.

Aki stared at the dry grass and she feel the season of autumn as she heard the wind was howling, “When I was in Switzerland, I got asked by a host in a show that why I choose be a detective. That question I don’t want to hear to any people. And I just answer it that I love my career as I’m proud being first young detective and first Asian detective in Switzerland ” Aki looked in the sky and sighed, “There are millions of reason  why I force myself to be detective aside being engineer in the future. I choose this path just protect them”

Donghae asked Aki carefully, “Who are they?” Aki looked at him and replied, “My brother and my father” and Donghae asked her again, “From whom?”

Aki silently sighed and it took her long to answer it, “From Rin”. The girl clenched her fist and she gulped, “Do you remember I told you that it’s my fault that my mother died from a hostage? About that case, the police just declared that the death of my mom is suicide and it’s because of much depression she felt but it was lie and I know the truth, the person who killed my mother”

Who?  Donghae asked on his mind and waited Aki to continue it, “The person who killed my mother was Rin, that girl killed my mother when she heard my parents conversation about her disorder as she felt betrayed” said Aki softly, she closed her eyes and sighed deeply while Donghae is in a cold sweat, “My mother and my father knows Rin has mental disorder since we were born and the doctor advice them that they need pay attention to her. My parents give what Rin wants, she didn’t know that our parents love her more than I am and I easily accept that fact because she deserves to get more love for them than I am even Eunhyuk oppa felt that one also.” She confessed, “I will never forget this when my dad knew that she killed my mom, he begged to the police force that declare the death of my mom was suicide and I saw in my own eyes that my dad gave a briefcase of money to them just to cover Rin and he hire a doctor to erase Rin’s memory in that incident”

Donghae placed his arm on her shoulder and make her calm, “You can stop there for a while” he said as he felt Aki’s sorrow of her mother’s death and the girl shook her head, “My dad wants go to Switzerland with me and Hyukkie oppa but my brother is one who decide to stay in Korea and care Rin as he against on my dad’s decision that Rin will just stay in a hospital, he knows also about Rin” she gripped the coat tightly, “That’s my real reason why I became detective and I am still thinking if I can protect my sister also from darkness” she said softly Why she was still too kind on her? Donghae thought After all what Rin did on her family

And then she looked at her wristwatch, “Oh! I must go”

“Where?” the boy asked

“Investigating about the case of course!” she grinned as she came back into happy person, “If you were hungry, open my bag and take a blue lunch box” said Aki. “I made a lunch for us separately”

Aki waved at him and she told him that he has to be good captain to his team. When Aki left him, Donghae thought that he must tell her that he was person she met when they were kids also he must stop his previous friend Minwoo, to do more bad things. Finally Donghae’s teammate arrived and immediately apologize to him that they cannot go in time, Donghae accept their sorry and he asked them, “Where is vice captain?”

Chan Soo, the youngest member of the team said to Donghae, “Captain, Jung Woo sunbae said he has something to do and he will make sure that he can catch up on our practice later in afternoon”

Donghae sighed, his arms is on waist and then use the other arm to rubbed his nape, “Jung Woo is late as always, if we weren’t lack of members then I can kick him out”, Also Minwoo he added as said it on his mind. Hiro asked him, “Sunbaenim! Did you know why Minwoo sunbae get absent these days?” and Donghae glanced at the young boy as he lied and replied to him that he does not why Minwoo was absent. “By the way, when you guys pick Rin as our new team manager?”

The members became silent and looking each other, Donghae suddenly felt annoyed on them and yelled on them, “WHEN?!”

Ji Suk stepped forward and quickly said, “Minwoo sunbaenim texted us and said assign Rin as our new team manager also he said, not let you know as he knew, you will against in his decision and do not tell anyone that he was one who assign Rin”

Donghae became sullen and then he took his bag and said “I will quit in this team”. The members pleased him “Not now Captain Donghae! If you want kick Rin out in our team then we will do it right now”. The boy glared at him and the members felt anxious on him as it was their first time seeing him mad “I thought you guys trust me and I am disappoint on you guys...good luck on your upcoming competition” he said on them and before he left, “It’s up to Jung Woo now...”

 

On Aki’s part, she was in canteen, eating spicy pig trotters while reading the draft of arrest warrant to Minwoo, “I must hold a meeting once I found useful here about this case”. Aki close the folder and kept in her bag, she finishes the food before she asked the people here in school in what they know about the case “Their pig trotters were delicious and it was crunchy” she commented and happily ate the food

Aki went on the cashier line and the lady greeted her “Rin! It’s been a long time, are you here to buy a lunch for your boyfriend, Donghae-sshi?” Aki smiled on the lady and she shook her head, “I’m not Lee Rin” and then the lady laughed on her, “Rin don’t tell me you were the young girl detective who came here from Switzerland just to solve the case of your classmate, Andy”

“I am the girl you are talking about” said Aki to lady as she showed the badge, the lady shocked and directly apologize to her then she stared closely to Aki, “You really look like Rin”

Aki nodded and whispered, “It’s because Rin and I were twins” the lady more shock on what she said, “Rin never told or reveal that she has---”. The girl hushed the lady as she point the near CCTV camera on them, “May we talk in the place that doesn’t have CCTV camera” she asked her gently and softly

In the storage room, the lady introduce herself as Kim Min Kyung and Aki thought that Kim Min Kyung might know something since she known that she can chatting with the students and kept the secrets of the students. “Are you familiar with Andy and Ji Hyun’s case?” she started asked her. Min Kyung replied to her, “Yes I am familiar with that one, it was big hit news here in school as the other students jokingly made a ghost stories on them”

“That was harsh one, well...” she showed the keychain that Donghae gave it to her before they go in school and then she asked Min Kyung if it was really friendship keychain as she want to confirm it, “Ms. Aki, I know they have friendship bracelets but I am really sure that they don’t have that one because I often talk Ji Hyun when the days she was alive”

Aki wrote down the details on her small notebook, “May you tell me who was owner of this keychain?” as her expected, Min Kyung said ‘no’ to her and she has no choice to lend this to the crime laboratory and examine,  since it has blood left in the keychain

“You told me that you often have talked with Ji Hyun right? She did say something about her ‘dark’ secrets to you or has problem in her personal life like the friendship between her and Andy” she asked Min Kyung. The lady sighed deeply and pleaded her, “Please Ms. Aki gave me protection after saying this one”. Aki showed a gentle smiled on Min Kyung and she holds her right hand, “This is your chance to say it if you want give justice to them thus I’m sure they will be happy on you when they heard you in person like me who was also want give them a justice”

Min Kyung slowly nodded on her and said, “For their sake, I will telling it right now”


A/N:

Hi readers!

Two chapters for today. Tbh, I should  post these chapters in my birthday (April 15) but I was fun celebrating it and I forgot my promise (By watching SS6 DVD lmao)  [Speaking of SS6...there was no SS6 in my country T_T (Just share)]

And how was the story so far? Also I realize my characters were too dramatic kkkk also as am I crazy writing this one? Lol.

 

Thank you readers for continue supporting this story

From: Authornim