Happiness, Contentment, Freedom

Unexpected (Unexpected Series #1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[One week after]

Seoul High was filled with students once again as the midterm break comes to an end. The seniors were already busy preparing for their upcoming graduation as well as their college admissions. All the students were happy to see their classmates and teachers again talking about the boring break...Well, it was boring indeed, except to a few.

"We're baaaacccckkkk..!!!!", an energetic Sungyeol yelled as he went near to two familiar faces.

"Ya! Lee Sungyeol... Cut the crap... We're almost graduating but you still sound like a seven-year old.", Sulli teased.

"At least I've matured, L kept calling me a two-year old before. You're so sweet yeobo~"

The 'spectator' flinched to the couple's undying sweetness.

"Krystal-ah, where's L and Kai?", Sungyeol asked.

"Dunno. They said they need to talk about something."

[Flashback, 3 days ago, Krystal's mansion]

"Princess.", L said. "Are you feeling better?"

"Hmmm...", Krystal nodded. "I feel free, L... Happy, contented and finally free."

"I'm glad." L cuddled Krystal as they relaxed on the room's couch. "Where's Kai?"

"He's at the hospital with Joohyun. They are taking care of Yunho-oppa." (YES! YUNHO's NOT DEAD, GUYS. hahaha)

"Princess, I have something to tell you."

L's face was serious and his eyes were teary that it worried Krystal.

"What is it? Is something wrong?"

"Not at all. I'm so happy that I want to cry. I haven't told him yet. I don't know how."

"Who's him?"

"Kai."

"What about Kai?"

"I told you before I had two brothers. One of them was Sunggyu-hyung. And the younger one, we lost him when he was three. Remember?"

Krystal just nodded trying to remember their conversation 8 years ago.

"The...Our family's maknae is Kim Jongin. We were only months apart."

"Kai... Kai's real name is..."

"Kim Jongin.", L said finishing Krystal's sentence.

"He's your brother." L nodded in acknowledgement. "You should tell him. He'd be very happy."

"But he hates me..."

"I don't think so L. After everything we've all been through, I don't think hate is something he feels about you." Krystal added. "Have you told your parents?" 

"I did. They came back the other day without knowing about that night. Sunggyu-hyung also came back. And they went to Kangta-hyung, to ask for forgiveness."

"What did they say...about Kai?"

"They wanted to be sure. I got Kai's hair strand. They had a DNA test." L explained. "And it's 100%. He's really Jongin. Umma cried the whole night and said she wants to meet him but I did not let them. I have to tell him first. I need your help, Princess."

"Of course. I'll gladly help."

[END OF FLASHBACK]


[L and Kai, the school's rooftop]

"What is it, your highness? You look so serious...seriously ugly. hahaha." Kai teased.

"I don't know how to say this... But..." L said as he grabbed a picture from his pocket. "This is our family picture taken before we lost our maknae."

"O- Okay... Ya! Are you bragging that you have a family? Aish, this guy..."

"Look closely, Kai. The little kid... it's... you."

"What? What do you mean?"

"You're Kim Jongin. Born in 1994. You love candies as far as I could remember. You have a triangle-shaped birthmark on you lower back. You always loved computers..."

"I dont' understand any of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter