Falling Action

Unexpected (Unexpected Series #1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Found you... Well, that was easy. My, there are kids here... I will be needing you cooperation then. Go inside that car or these kids will suffer deep trauma... Do you want that Kim Myungsoo?"

L had no choice but to follow Kangta to his car.

"L hyung! Where are you going?", a little boy asked L.

"Uhmm, hyung has something to do, Kyu Won-sshi. I'll be back, arasseo?", L said with a smile.

"Kyu Won-sshi? Annyeonghaseyo, Kangta-imnida.", Kangta said with a forced smile. "Can you do a favor for me, little one?"

"Ne.", the kid answered.

"Please give this phone to your Krystal-noona and tell her I'll call her in a while. Will that be fine, Kyu Won-sshi?"

"Hmmm... Arasseo."

"Good boy. Here's some money, go buy yourself some candy." When the boy was about to run back into the orphanage, Kangta called out. "And don't forget to tell her it's from her beloved uncle Kangta."

"You're evil.", L hissed.

"Only to those who deserve it like your family. Go in, Your Highness. We will have a beautiful trip ahead of us."

L half-heartedly went inside the car. When he entered the tinted limousine, he was surprised to see Yunho tied up inside. The car started moving.

"Yunho-hyung."

"Oh yes, he helped you escape so it's really bad to leave him out, right? And besides, the readers of this story might ask what happened to him so it's better to have him here. So kind of me. Hahaha."

"You're crazy. What did my family ever do to you? Why do you have to this to Krystal?"

"It's a long story, little one. Blame it on your mother."

"I... I don't... I don't understand.", L stuttered. "What does umma have to do with this?"

"Of course! You might have been too young at that time.", Kangta said sarcastically. "So, Yunho-ya...can you explain to our guest of honor why this is happening?"

There was silence as Yunho refused to speak a word.

"Tell him or he dies in front of you!" Kangta loaded the gun and pointed it on L's head.

"You cannot kill your own brother, Kangta. You would love to see them fall down, but you never intended to kill them.", Yunho finally answered.

"Hahaha. What makes you so sure?"

"Look at the mirror and see for yourself."

"Stop irritating me now and tell him!"

"Bro...Brother? He's my brother?"

"Half-brother.", Yunho sternly said. "Your father had him before Sunggyu."

"No Yunho, that man who is said to be my father never had me. He never even care that I existed because he was too busy making his family happy.", Kangta said. "And umma and I had to live like criminals just because I'm a bastard."

"So this is about revenge...isn't it, HYUNG?", L sarcastically said.


[Back in the orphanage]

"Where did L go?", Krystal asked worriedly.

"Maybe he's around the orphanage. He was a bit confused awhile ago.", Joohyun answered as the two were playing with the kids.

"I hope so..." Just then Kyu Won appeared holding a phone in his hand and a candy on the other. "Krystal-noona?"

"Oh, what is it, Kyu Won-sshi?"

"Uhmmm... L-hyung left with a man awhile ago. The ahjussi said that I should give this to you and that he'll call you later.", Kyu Won said while giving the phone to Krystal.

"L left? Who is the man, Kyu Won-sshi?"

"He said he's your Uncle Kangta."

Krystal could not believe what she heard. Joo hyun, on the other hand, felt Krystal's fear and left to get Kai. Kai came immediately to find a frightened Krystal.

"Little Star, what happened?"

"Kai...He was here, Kai. He found us. He found us... But instead of me, he took L... He took L... He can't do that. Uncle Kangta hates L's parents. What if... What if... he'll hurt L...", Krystal murmured as tears began to find its way down her cheeks.

Kai said nothing but hugged his trembling friend to console her.

"We'll find them. L will be fine."

Just then, the phone rang. Krystal answered it with a trembling voice.

"Hel..lo..."

"Krystal! Did you miss me?", Kangta said from the other line.

"Where's L? What did you do to him?"

"Don't be too judgmental, darling. He's still alive, at least...for now... hahaha."

"What do you want? If it's the mission, I...I'll do it."

"Who cares about the mission when you have the highest card on your deck? You are really bad in betting, little one. I will make the Kim's feel the terrible loss I felt when my mother died and it will be through killing their son. It's fun isn't it?"

"Uncle Kangta, jebal... Don't hurt him...", Krystal's sobs can be heard through the phone.

"Then w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter