On the Run

Unexpected (Unexpected Series #1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wanna hear my ideas?", a different voice said as he entered the door.

"Yu- Yunho-oppa?"

"Why do you look at me like you've seen a ghost?", Yunho chuckled.

"I hate you."

"Too feisty, Krystal. You'll need more of that to face your uncle."

"He's not my uncle."

"I know."

"It's fine Princess. We can trust him.", L interrupted.

"That's the problem. I don't.", Krystal answered.

"It's fine, L. She doesn't have to trust me to do this. She'll have to trust you then."

"I got that. What do we do?"

"It's 2am. I'll tell the guards off by 2:30am. I gave Kangta a strong sleeping pill so he will be in dreamland once you leave. There's a car at the back of the house, everything you need is there. And L, protect both of them.", Yunho instructed as he gave the keys to L. "That is the farthest I can help you. Good luck."

And with that, Yunho left the room.

"I still can't understand this, L. Why is Yunho-oppa helping us? He's Uncle Kangta's most trusted person!"

"That's the reason, Little Star. He cares for Uncle Kangta so much that he'd stop him from ruining himself."

And there was an awkward silence between them.

"Kai, it's 2:15. Are you sure you can do this?", L asked.

"This is the only shot we got. I can't ruin it."

"Be ready then."

At exactly 2:30, they heard Yunho's voice instructing the guards to do an errand and when it became silent, the trio headed out of the room to the mansion's back door with L carrying Kai on his back. They reached the car without being seen or detected. L took the driver's seat while Krystal held Kai on the back seat.

"L, what do we do? Kai's condition is worsening. His fever hasn't gone down."

"Calm down...Hoya-hyung is kind enough to lend me his apartment miles away from here. It's under Eunji-noona's name so your Uncle won't be able to track us. We just have to get there fast."

Krystal just nodded as she held Kai tighter.

"L..."

"What is it, Princess?"

"Thank you for loving me this much..."

"I'll do anything for you."

It was a long drive and L was having a hard time keeping himself awake. But whenever he glances at the mirror, he sees Krystal sleeping peacefully and he becomes more determined. After almost 5 hours of driving, they finally reached a beautiful house filled with beautiful flowers and trees. The area  was so secluded that it felt like it never existed.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter