Chapter 8

Capture Me Yeobo

 

Jinki stared at Taemin as the younger slept soundly beside him, head propped up on one arm. The moon still shone outside, casting an eerie glow on Taemin’s face, hauntingly beautiful. He looked so peaceful, Jinki thought, so at ease, oblivious to what was happening. Jinki only wished it could stay that way.

The events of the previous day came to mind again, and he sighed. He hated hiding things from Taemin, but it was necessary. Minho had caused him so much Taemin in the past; Jinki would die before letting the younger go through that again.

Convince him, or you won’t be the only one I visit.

Jinki wound his fingers through Taemin’s hair, playing with the short locks as he questioned what that meant. Was Minho going to go after his other friends? His parents? Taemin? Jinki doubted the latter, after all, why threaten that if he was going to just take Taemin anyways? No, Taemin was safe for now.

But the others.... he pictured Jonghyun’s loud voice screaming for help,  Minseok and Luhan’s bright, young smiles contorted in pain, Jessica’s long hair plastered to her skin with blood, his own mother, begging for Minho to stop as tears poured from her eyes. He knew Minho probably wouldn’t go that far, but his imagination still ran wild with fear.

The unknown was driving Jinki crazy. What did he mean by that threat? What was he planning to do? Jinki felt sick with worry, hating that he was so useless. He couldn’t warn the others without alerting Taemin, and even if he did, what could they do? Even Jinki was powerless against him, what could someone as small as Minseok or Jessica do if confronted?

Not only what, but when. When would Minho strike again? He had stalked Jinki for months before ever revealing himself, would he do the same to the others? Or would he attack them quickly, prove to Jinki that he had no limits, that he would not wait long for Taemin.

“I’ll never let him take you away again.” Jinki whispered, Taemin’s cheek lightly. Taemin sighed in his sleep, a small smile forming on his face. He nuzzled closer to Jinki and curled against him, warmth radiating from his small body.

Jinki wrapped an arm around Taemin’s shoulders protectively and pulled him even closer. Dropping back onto the bed lightly, he let his eyes close and prayed for sleep to come.

When Jinki awoke, the sun was shining in his eyes and Taemin was laying on his chest, braiding his hair.

“Good morning sleepyhead.” Taemin smiled, giving him a soft peck on the forehead.

“Hey cutie.” Jinki wrapped his arms around Taemin’s waist and flipping their positions so Taemin was beneath him, the younger squeaking in surprise.

“Jinki.” Taemin said breathlessly, cheeks pink.

“Good morning love.” He replied, leaning down to kiss Taemin’s pink lips. Taemin sighed contentedly and let himself sink into the soft mattress. Jinki rolled off him so that there were side by side, staring into each other’s eyes.

“Are you working today?” Taemin asked, drawing patterns on Jinki’s bare chest.

“Mmmn.” Jinki mumbled in confirmation. He glanced at the clock on the bedside table and groaned.

“Shop opens in just a couple hours. I need to get down there and start on the bakery items for the day.”

Taemin frowned. “So I’m going to be alone all day?” He didn’t mean to sound like a brat, or spoilt in any way, but he couldn’t help but hate Jinki’s work for keeping him busy.

“Yah, don’t give me that look. You can always come by, it’s literally just downstairs. And Luhan and Minseok will be here later anyways.”

“You’re leaving me with Luhan?” Taemin cried out, giving Jinki a betrayed look.

“Oh, calm down Tae-ah. He’s not that bad.”

Taemin crossed his arms and pouted. “Right.” He grumbled, as he watched Jinki get out of bed, eyes roaming over his husband’s . “Not that bad.”

 

The doorbell rang, and Jongin left to open it. As soon as he and the stranger entered the room, Luhan jumped up and screamed.

“SEHUNNIE!”

Luhan nearly tackled the boy in his attempt to hug him, while said boy remained stony faced, only a slight smile pulling at the corners of his mouth. Taemin heard a loud sigh beside him, and turned to see Minseok looking positively disgruntled.

Taemin had seen two sides of Kim  Minseok in his life: quiet, calm Minseok, and annoyed with Luhan Minseok. He had never seen the boy upset; needless to say he is surprised to see Minseok pouting in his chair, staring daggers at the tall, rainbow haired boy that had just arrived.  

“Hello Luhan.” he says, voice deep, but young. Taemin wonders how old he is.

Luhan turns to Taemin and smiles. “Taemin, this is Sehun, my best friend and roommate. Sehun, this is Taemin, the boy I was telling you about.”

“The one that you’re forcing to have a wedding?”

Luhan frowned. “I am not. Anyways Sehun, the reason I called you is to ask for a favor.” Sehun started backing up towards the door.

“Oh no. No. I am not doing any favors for you again Luhan. Not happening, no way.”

“Ugh, calm down Hunnie. I just wanted you to ask Zitao if he would be willing to design a dress for Taemin.” To Taemin, he said, “Hunnie’s boyfriend is the best in the business. He can sew at the speed of light, and it’s always perfectly tailored.”

Sehun looked over at Taemin, eyebrow raised. “You’re going to wear a dress?” Taemin shook his head desperately.

NO. I am not going to wear a dress. Luhan, quit saying that.”

“Right, so like I said, I was wondering if Zitao would be willing to design a dress.”

Taemin groaned and dropped his head into his hands. “I give up.”

“I don’t get it hyung. Why not just ask Tao yourself?”

Luhan rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled awkwardly. “Well.... I would... but Zitao still isn’t happy with me about that last time... but he would do anything for you!”

“That’s all true, but why should I help?”

“Sehun! You have to help! I’m your best friend, and your hyung!”

“You’re an annoying Chinese exchange student that never went home.”

“And you wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Now, can you please call Zitao? For me?”

“No.” Sehun deadpanned. At Luhan’s crestfallen face, Sehun sighed. “But.  I will do it for Taemin. Everyone deserves to look smoking hot on their wedding day.”

“You’re the best Hunnie.” Luhan hugged him tightly.

“Yeah yeah.” Sehun muttered, though Taemin swore he saw the faintest hint of a smile on his face.

An hour later, a sharp- featured, well- dressed man strolled into the apartment, looking more like he was walking the runway than across Jinki’s tiny living room. He stopped in the center of the room and studied everyone, his cool eyes never warming. His eyes flickered between Jongin and Taemin several times.

“Which one of Taemin?” He aske, voice thick with an accent, and Luhan giggled. Sehun leaned close and stage-whispered into Zitao’s ear. “Babe? It’s ‘Which one of you is Taemin’, not which one of Taemin.”

Zitao blushed furiously, instantly losing all of his cool aura. “Is it really?” He asked.

Sehun nodded.

“Korean is hard.” He whined. Sehun patted his shoulder to comfort him. Sighing, Zitao reached into his gucci bag and pulled a measuring tape from it. “Alright, let’s just get started then.”

 

When Luhan said Zitao was quick, he wasn’t kidding. It was only three days later when there was a knock on his door, a fashionably dressed Zitao standing there with four large black bags in his hands.

“Alright.” He stated, running a hand through his perfectly styled hair. “Who’s ready for a fashion show?”

With a flourish, he ped the first bag and pulled out the first garment: a classy, sleek, absolutely stunning... wedding dress?

Taemin’s jaw dropped in disbelief, while behind him Luhan yelled in excitement.

“Taozi this is amazing!” He flitted around the dress, studying the various ruffles and layers of the skirt. “You’ve really outdone yourself. Taemin is going to look fabulous-”

“Wait. Hold up. Luhan! I told you I wasn’t going to wear a dress!”

Luhan pouted. “Oh come on Taemin! You’ll look great though!”

“Don’t worry Taemin, this isn’t actually for you. I just brought it to make Lulu here happy. The other three bags are suits, you can try and see which one you like the best.”

“But... dress...” Luhan moped for a moment, before brightening once more. “You can at least try it on! You never know, you might like it.”

“I am not going to put on that dress.”

“Come on hyung.” Jongin said, speaking up for the first time. “Just try it on. There’s no harm in that.”

“Jongin? Not you too!” Taemin groaned, staring at his friend in disbelief. The dancer shrugged.

“So it’s settled. Let’s try on that dress!”

“No!” Taemin yelled, trying to run. He didn’t get far, as Luhan tackled him to the ground and began forcing his shirt off him. Taemin blushed and grabbed Luhan’s hands. “Yah get off me you crazy ert!”

“I am not a ert! You’re just making this harder than it needs to be.”

“You’re making it harder than it needs to be!”

“It’s just a dress!”

“Exactly, it’s a dress!”

“Just take off your shirt!”

“No!”

“Uhhhh.... Taemin?” Minseok called, peeking around the corner. He cocked an eyebrow at the sight before him, of Luhan straddling Taemin while Jongin and Tao tried not to laugh, but made no comment.

“Yes hyung?” Taemin said, lifting his head from the floor so he could see Minseok.

“Someone is here to see you.”

“Who is it?”

“I don’t know, but they said it’s urgent.”

Luhan jumped up from his place on Taemin’s back. “Oh! It’s probably the pâtissier here to go over cake designs. Let’s go Taemin.” Luhan and Jongin removed themselves from their seats atop Taemin and helped the poor boy up. Taemin dusted off his jeans and smiled wearily at Minseok, looking relieved.

“Thank you hyung.” He said, giving Minseok’s shoulder a light squeeze.

“Rough day?” Minseok asked as they headed down the stairs.

“You could say that.” Taemin sighed, running a hand through his hair in distress.

Minseok patted Taemin’s back comfortingly. “It’s okay kid. Luhan can be a bit much, but I promise, you’ll get through it.”

“Break it up you two. This baozi is mine. Back off.” Luhan glared at Taemin, clinging to Minseok protectively. Minseok huffed in annoyance, but Taemin could see the spark of love in his eyes even as he shook Luhan off.

“Don’t worry Luhan. I’m not taking your precious Minseok away.”

Luhan either didn’t catch the sarcasm or chose to ignore it; either way, he switched back to his bubbly self in an instant. “Right. So, for your cake, I was thinking three tier, chocolate, with white and red roses covering it. What do you think?”

Taemin frowned. “I still don’t understand why you want to hire a pâtissier, Jinki is excellent at baking cakes.”

“Because,” Luhan said, drawing out the word, “We can’t have the groom making the wedding cake. Obviously.”

Taemin rolled his eyes. “You’re being ridiculous. There’s nothing wrong with-”

Taemin paused mid-sentence, his heart stopping. He in a shocked breath, all the blood draining from his face, as he finally noticed the person standing in the doorway.

It couldn’t be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updating on time isn't my strong suit, I've realized.
Guesses as to who this mysterious person could be? kekeke
Okay....I don't want to be that person who begs for people to comment but... please comment. I need feedback in order to know if people like this/where it's going, or if people are even reading it at all. Even if the message is just "this is good" or "ugh I hate it" it still gives me some understanding of what you all are thinking.
Thank you. 
Goodbye~