Chapter 14

Capture Me Yeobo

“I have to face him.” Taemin stated, face blank.

The two were seated in the living room, Jinki's arm wrapped around Taemin's shoulders while the younger nuzzled into his husband's side. In front of them, the television was on, but it might as well not have been for how much they were paying attention to it. Both were too distracted by the dark thoughts swirling around their minds.

Worry was etched across Jinki’s face as he turned to look at the dancer. “Taemin, you-”

“I know. But I can’t just let him continue doing this. And I... I need to do this. Stand up to him. I can’t stay afraid of him forever. I can’t let him control my emotions just from hearing his name. I need to do this.”

Jinki nodded in understanding. He knew his husband wouldn't be able to sleep, wouldn't be able to live his life peacefully until he met Minho and faced him himself. He took Taemin's hand in his, a reassuring smile upon his face, and handed Taemin his phone.

"Then I guess you have a call to make." He said. Taemin nodded and pressed the call button, gripping the phone tightly.

"Hello Jinki. It's nice to hear from you again." Minho's voice is sarcastic and thick with a sort of smug confidence that makes Taemin want to vomit.

"Minho. It's Taemin." Taemin says, voice steady.

He can almost hear the change in demeanor, see in his mind's eye how Minho's expression changes, his mouth twisting into a cruel smile.

"Tae-baby." Minho coos, his voice surprised, but it's off, as if he wasn't really shocked. No, Minho had known it was only a matter of time before he called. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

The surprise is still there, but there's an undertone to it, and with a start Taemin recognized what it was. Minho sounded gleeful, victorious, already congratulating himself on a job well done. Taemin bit his lip to hold back the words he wanted to say. Instead, he in a shaky breath and continues.

"It was you right?" He breathed. "You're the one who sent me the picture of Jinki?"

"It only seemed right. I couldn't let him continue going behind your back, lying to you. You deserved to know." Minho's voice sounds sweet, caring. Taemin knows better.

"Thank you hyung." Taemin says, nearly gagging on his words. "You've really opened my eyes." He paused, suddenly nervous. This was it. "Can we... Can we meet?" Taemin stutters a bit, but he manages to get his point across.

"Of course." Minho purrs, sounding like a preening cat. "Just give me a time and place, Tae-baby."

"Do you remember the park we used to go to? Back... Back then?"

Taemin could sense the smirk forming on Minho's face.

"Of course I remember. How could I forget, with so many... Good memories made there."

Taemin blushed, and Jinki frowned at the response. What had gone on there that could make Taemin blush like that?

"Then you'll know where to go. 3pm tomorrow?"

"See you soon babe." Minho replied, the soft click of him hanging up following. Jinki rubbed Taemin’s arm reassuringly.

“It’ll be okay.” Jinki said, trying to ease the tension in Taemin’s shoulders.

“I know, it’s just. It’s Minho. I need to do this, even if it scares the hell out of me.”

“I’ll be right there by your side.”

Taemin turned to Jinki and shook his head quickly. "No, hyung, you can't go with me."

"And why not?" Jinki asked with contempt.

"Jinki. He's evil, but he's not stupid. He's not just going to believe me. He's going to expect you to be there, or at least know it's a possibility. And then there will be no chance of talking to him."

"But-" Jinki couldn't allow this. He couldn't let Taemin alone with Minho. It wasn't safe; Jinki knew just how capable Minho was of hurting people. It wouldn't take much to overpower Taemin.

"Yeobo." Taemin said softly, placing his hand on top of Jinki's. "I know you're worried. But it'll all be okay." Jinki didn't respond, and Taemin sighed at his stubborn husband. "Listen, how about this? You can follow behind me. That way, if anything happens, it'll only take a moment for you to get to me. How does that sound?"

Jinki didn't like it, but as it was the best option, and at least involved being near the scene, he agreed.

"But." Jinki started, just as Taemin stood up to take their dishes to the kitchen. "What is this place you're going to, this park? What was Minho talking about, what memories do you have?"

Taemin blushed and turned away. "It's nothing much hyung. We just used to hang out there is all."

“All that preaching about not keeping secrets and being truthful and now you won’t tell me this?”

“Really hyung, it’s nothing. How about we go downstairs and get some coffee, neh?”

Jinki sighed, deciding not to push it any further. Taemin was stressed enough as it was, and bringing up his memories of Minho was probably the last thing he wanted to do.

“Neh Taemin. Let’s go get some coffee.”

 

Despite being summer, it was chilly, the sun hidden behind masses of grey clouds. It fit with the theme, Taemin supposed. It wouldn’t make sense for it to be sunny and nice when he was about to face his ex boyfriend/kidnapper for the first time in over a year.

As Taemin walked along the path around the park, heading towards the woods that lined the edge, the memories of his time with Minho pounded mercilessly against his skull. He wished he could block them, as he had for years, but being at the park seemed to have been the key to the cage he kept them in, and now they were loose inside his mind.

He shouldn’t have come here, he thought. What was he thinking, deciding to meet in the place it had all ended, where it had also all began. He felt weak; this park was his kryptonite. How was he going to face Minho in this condition?

“Hey Tae-baby.” A voice said, and Taemin spun around to face the star of his nightmares.

Minho.

He looked the same as he had a year ago, albeit a bit better lit than he had been back in that forsaken room. His dark hair hung around his face and brushed the edges of his eyes, a flat black color that reflected his soul. He was only a couple centimeters taller than Taemin, but better built, and Taemin felt as if the man was towering over him.

"Hello Minho." Taemin said stiffly, hands balled into fists in his pockets.

“I knew you’d see the light.” Minho said. “I told you Jinki was no good for you. That he would hurt you. Wasn’t I right?”

Taemin said nothing.

“I’m sorry Tae. I know it must still hurt. But I’m here now, I’ll comfort you.” With open arms, he walked towards Taemin. The younger instinctually flinched back at the movement, and Minho frowned.

“Taemin?”

“I’m not-” Taemin began, voice a mere whisper. Clearing his throat, he straightened up and started again. “I’m not here because I’ve decided to be with you Minho.” He said clearly.

“What?” Minho said, shocked. Taemin was surprised by his reaction; had Minho truly thought Taemin would come running to him?

“I know the truth about Jessica. And maybe Jinki shouldn’t have kept secrets from me, but he still loves me, more than you ever could.”

“You’re a fool if you think he’s better than me.” Minho snarled.

“You’re the fool, if you really thought I would ever come back to you.”

Minho’s eyes narrowed, anger flaring in them. He stalked toward Taemin and grabbed his arm, yanking the younger toward him roughly.

From the corner of his eye, Taemin saw Jinki began to step out from behind a bush, and he shook his head frantically, hoping his husband would get the message. He did, and reluctantly he sank back into the shadows, leaving Taemin to deal with Minho alone.

“If you don’t come with me,” Minho growled, face inches from Taemin’s,  “I won’t stop. It’ll only get worse. What will I have to do to make you leave Jinki?”

“Nothing! You don’t have to do anything.”

“Well see, that’s where you’re wrong. They have to be punished Tae. Anyone who can be around you, who can talk to you, touch you- they all have to pay for getting what I can’t have. Until I have it.”

“Don’t you ever get tired of harassing me?” Taemin cried out desperately. He was tired of this. It had been bad enough when he alone had to deal with the tall man, but to do this to Jinki? To threaten Taemin’s friends as well? He’d gone too far.

Minho laughed. “Why would I? It’s fun.”

Taemin glared at him, tensing up even more. “You’re sick, you know that? Playing with peoples’ emotions, twisting and torturing their minds for your own enjoyment.”

Minho feigned hurt. “Come on now babe, you’re making me sound like a bad person.”

“You are the bad person.” Taemin snapped, his fear fading as anger and hatred replaced it.

“Am I really? At least I tell you the truth. That’s more than can be said for the rest of your so-called “friends”.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. My friends aren’t keeping secrets from me.” Taemin said, trying to sound confident and not let Minho know what he said had shaken Taemin.

Minho’s lips curved into a knowing smile, and Taemin knew he had failed.

“Tell me, how does it feel to be kept in the dark?” Minho taunted. “To have everyone you know and love keep secrets from you?”

“I told you, I know about Jessica now. You can stop threatening to reveal secrets, it won’t work.”

“You think that’s the only thing that’s been kept from you? Oh poor, naive little Tae-baby. You don’t know anything.”

“What the hell are you talking about Minho?”

“Ah ah. You know I won’t talk unless you hand yourself over.”

Taemin balled his hands into fists. “You know what, screw you. Why should I ever believe a word you’re saying? Jinki loves me, and promised he wouldn’t keep anything from me anymore. You’re the one who's a liar. I’m done here.”

Taemin wrenched his arm from Minho’s grasp, stumbling backwards. As he turned to walk away, Minho yelled towards his retreating back.

“What about your brother?”

Taemin paused mid-step, blood running cold. “What did you say?”

“What about your brother Tae-baby? Don’t you want to know what he’s been hiding from you?”

“He’s not-”

Who he’s hiding from you?”

Anger flared up in Taemin. How dare Minho accuse his brother of hiding things from him.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, but I suggest you stop it now.”

“I’m not pulling anything babe. I’m simply asking a question.”

“You’re accusing him-”

“I’m pointing out a fact. He hasn’t told you how he found you yet, has he? Haven’t you been wondering why that might be?”

“If you’re suggesting he was working with you-” Taemin started angrily, but Minho held up a hand to stop him.

“Who do you think told him where you were? Taemin, don’t you see?”

Taemin shook his head frantically, trying to block where this was going. “No, no, NO! You’re lying! Taesun would never-”

“Then tell me Taemin, why is he trying so hard to hide the truth?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone. So remember that time I went on hiatus without telling anyone? Yeah... well it's over now! You can just forget it happened. Forget you hate me. (maybe that last part would be easier if I stopped leaving things on cliffhangers....) Any who, I'm back. Next chapter will be up soon, I actually mean it this time, it's already written and everything XD

I love you all (I don't know if you're even still here...)