Chapter 2

Capture Me Yeobo

Jinki was certain there was nothing better in the world than waking up with the love of his life wrapped in his arms, smiling at him sweetly. The early morning sun washed over Taemin’s face, casting it in a heavenly glow. Noticing he was awake, Taemin leaned forward and pecked Jinki lightly on the lips, a smile playing at the edges of his lips.

“Good morning yeobo.” Taemin said sweetly, voice rough from sleep. Jinki shivered, still not used to hearing that word.

“Mmm.” He hummed in reply. “Good morning to you too.... yeobo.”

Taemin broke out into a million-watt smile. “I don’t think I’ll ever tire of hearing you call me that.” Jinki smiled as well, and pulled Taemin closer to him, their bare chests pressed together.

“Is that so, yeobo?”

Taemin nodded against Jinki’s chest, thin arms snaking their way around Jinki’s waist.

“Mmm, can we stay in bed all day?”

“Sorry Tae-ah. I have work today, remember?”

“Skip it.” Taemin whined. But then his stomach grumbled, and he sighed. Jinki laughed and pulled away, sitting up in bed.

“Hungry Tae-ah?” Taemin mumbled something into his pillow, and Jinki rolled his eyes. “Come on, get up. I’ll make breakfast.”

“Ani!” Taemin sat up abruptly, knocking his pillow off the side of the bed. “You’ve cooked all week. Let me return the favor.”

Jinki tried not to show his uneasiness at the idea. “Are you sure? You know you aren’t the best...”

“Yah, hyung. I can cook. Well... I can cook eggs at least. And we have some rice left from last night.”

“Alright, alright.”

 

Jinki watched as Taemin flitted around the kitchen, gathering the omelet ingredients, and shook his head in disbelief. He must have saved a country in his past life to have someone as wonderful as Taemin as a husband. That was the only explanation he had. How else could he have been so lucky as to call Taemin his?

The smell of eggs filled the air as Taemin began cooking, warming the kitchen. As the eggs fried, Taemin danced around lightly, bouncing from foot to foot. Jinki chuckled quietly at the sight, a soft smile taking over his features.

Wordlessly, he got up and grabbed a couple plates, serving the food onto the plates once the omelets finished cooking. Handing one to Taemin, they sat beside each other and ate in silence. Underneath the table, their hands were linked together, Jinki using his left hand to eat so that they could remain that way.

It was quiet, but it wasn’t an uncomfortable one. It was a quiet that spoke more than words ever could, and neither wanted to break the silence. It was as if the were in their own little world, free from anything else.

When they finished, Taemin took the empty plates and set them in the sink, proceeding to calmly wash them. Jinki watched quietly for a moment before he made his way over to Taemin and wrapped his arms around the other’s waist, back-hugging him softly.

“Jinki... stop distracting me. I have to clean the dishes.” Taemin’s voice was soft, as if any louder and the moment would vanish.

“Shh, relax for a moment. I feel like we haven’t had a moment to ourselves since we got back.”

Taemin hummed in agreeance, dropping the plate back into the soapy water. Taemin relaxed in Jinki’s warm embrace, leaning against the elder’s strong chest. Jinki let his head rest on Taemin’s shoulder, his breath tickling Taemin’s neck.

The two stood there for what felt like forever, rocking back and forth gently. Jinki hummed a familiar song into Taemin’s ear, while Taemin’s eyes drifted close as he listened. Their breaths were in sync, moving with each other.

Taemin wished every moment could be like this. Calm, relaxing, alone with the love of his life. It felt like he could stand there forever, surviving on nothing but air and Jinki’s warm body beside his own.

“Well isn’t this just adorable.” Joon said, shattering the moment. The two jumped in shock, turning to find Joon sitting at the table, nonchalantly eating a bowl of seaweed soup.

“What the- how long have you been sitting there?” Taemin asked.

“Long enough to get a bowl of soup and start eating it. You guys are boring. Most newlyweds would be banging on the kitchen table right now, but you guys just hug. It’s like you’ve been together for 50 years already. Bor-ring.”

Jinki rolled his eyes. Leave it to Joon to stop ignoring them just so he can make fun of them.

“Is that all you wanted to say?”

“Nope. One other thing. Since you’re married now... Does this mean I’m kicked out? Cause I kind of like this place.”

Taemin and Jinki looked at each other, unsure.

Taemin shrugged. “To be honest, we haven’t even thought about that yet. We did only get back a week ago.”

“I’ll take that as ‘yes Joon, of course you can stay.’ Well, see you then. I’ve got a job to get to.”

With that Joon was gone, the slam of a door following just a few seconds later. Taemin went back to washing dishes, shaking his head at their roommate’s antics. After a moment, he turned to Jinki thoughtfully.

“You don’t think we’re boring, do you?”

“Of course not. There’s nothing wrong with not having where you eat.”

Taemin paused in washing the dishes, and turned around so he could see Jinki’s face.

“You know... Joon did make a good suggestion... and we don’t have anything to do for a couple hours...”

“So... kitchen ?” Jinki asked, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

Taemin nodded. “Kitchen .”

Needless to say, the dishes didn’t get done that day.

 

“YOU DID NOT GET MARRIED WITHOUT ME LEE JINKI.”

Jinki sighed. “Why do you all care so much? It’s not like I was marrying you.”

The singer had just arrived at Jinki’s house from the airport, and it had taken a total of five seconds to notice the matching rings on the couples’ fingers.  Jinki had expected him to be annoyed, but this reaction was... unexpected, to say the least.

“NO! I missed it! I missed seeing you two say your vows and look into each other’s eyes with love and say I do and kiss! My life is over!” Jonghyun threw himself across the couch, loudly in despair.

Jinki and Taemin shared twins looks of confusion. Taemin felt a little weirded out by his friend’s reaction. He had thought Luhan was bad, but this...

Taemin leaned over and placed his hand in front of his mouth so Jonghyun couldn’t hear. “Does he always overreact like this?” Taemin asked.

Jinki followed suite, whispering in reply, “Not really. I’m just as confused as you.”

“I can’t believe I missed my OTP’s wedding ! Ugh life is so unfair!”

“OTP? What does that mean?” Jinki questioned.

“Beats me.” Taemin shrugged. “Probably something weird, knowing Jonghyun.”

Turning back to Jonghyun, he yelled over Jonghyun’s howls, “Calm down you pabo. You’ll still get your chance. Luhan is planning another wedding for us to have here in Korea.”

Jonghyun shot upright and stared at Taemin with hopeful puppy dog eyes.

“Really?” He whimpered.

Taemin shook his head in disbelief. “Yes. Really.”

Jonghyun jumped up and began dancing around. Running to the couple, he grabbed them both and pulled them into a group hug. “You guys are the best. I love you guys. You’re awesome.”

“Uh huh... love you too Jonghyun.” Jinki replied, patting Jonghyun on the back.

“So hey, I’ve got vocal practice in 20 minutes, but you tell Luhan to call me okay? I wanna see what plans he has in mind.” Jonghyun turned to leave, but Taemin quickly stopped him.

“Oh, wait before you go. What was that you were saying before? Something about an OTB or something?”

“OTP. One True Pairing. Duh. And of course, you two are my OTP, because seriously, who wouldn’t ship you?”

Jinki and Taemin stared at him, jaws slack. What the hell was the singer talking about?

Jonghyun continued on obliviously. “In the music industry, idols are always shipped together. You know Lee Jonghyun of CNBLUE? Yeah, fangirls love shipping us together, since we’re good friends and have the same name and what not. It’s great. I bet if you two were idols, you’d be the most famous ship there is. If not, I would make it the most popular.  Anyways, gotta go, I have to rehearse for the concert coming up. See you later!”

Jonghyun left, slamming the door behind him, while Jinki and Taemin stood frozen in the living room.

“What...just happened?” Jinki blinked.

“Something weird.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me apologize for not updating last Saturday. I was very distraught over the loss of both EunB and Rise, and didn't have the motivation to attempt writing anything remotely happy or fluffy. I also apologize if some of this seems disconnected, I have a bad lung infection and don't have the energy to read through and correct things as usual. But I knew I couldn't skip two weeks in a row, so here it is! Things will start happening soon, so please don't give up on this yet! Goodbye for now~