Chapter 7

Capture Me Yeobo

“Oh my god Jinki!” Minseok cried upon seeing the man limp into the shop. He ran from behind the counter and helped him into a seat gently, though that did nothing to stop the cringe that appeared on Jinki’s face.

“Where’s Taemin?” Jinki asked, voice cracking.

“Luhan and Hyoyeon took him to go look at flower arrangements or something. They won’t be back for awhile. What happened to you?” Minseok looked over Jinki’s hunched frame, taking in his bruised cheek, the various scratches across his face and neck, and the blood across the cuff of his pant leg, probably the source of the limp.

“Good.” Jinki whispered. He wouldn’t have to worry the other boy. To Minseok, he said, “Can you call Jonghyun? I don’t want to worry him, but I need help to look right before Taemin comes back, and you need to run the shop.”

Even bloody and bruised, Jinki still managed to keep his head, and Minseok listened, nodding slightly before running to make the call.

Jinki sighed in relief that his coworker asked no questions, despite his request. He knew he hired him for a good reason. Wincing slightly, he sat down in a chair and ran a hand through his hair in a vain effort to brush out the tangles.

Minseok appeared a few minutes later, a cup of coffee in hand and a grim face. He set the coffee on the table and himself beside the injured man.

“Jonghyun’s on his way. Now, what happened?”

“I was mugged.” Jinki answered quickly. It wasn’t technically a lie, it just wasn’t the whole truth.

Minseok crossed his arms and scoffed in disbelief. “You, mugged? Jinki, you’re face is soft but you’re strong as a brick wall. How did someone manage to overtake you?”

Jinki looked away. “It’s a long story, can we not talk about it?” A pause. “And Minseok?”

“Yes?”

“Please, don’t tell Taemin. He has enough to worry about, what with the wedding and concert and everything else going on. I don’t want him worrying over something that will never happen again.” More half truths, weaving a story that was almost real but not quite.

Minseok groaned in frustration but didn’t argue. It wasn’t his place, and he knew that. So instead, he stood up and went back to his place at the counter, ready to work.

Jinki could feel Minseok’s eyes on him even as he took customers orders, watching for any sign or change in Jinki. Jinki, in turn, kept his head turned towards the door, awaiting Jonghyun’s arrival. He sipped on his coffee, lost in his thoughts, trying to untangle the mess inside his head.

When Jonghyun entered the shop a few minutes later, his face had that of a panicked mother’s, and he ran to Jinki as soon as he caught sight.

As he got closer, Jinki watched the singer’s eyes widen in shock and his jaw drop. “Oh fu- Jinki, what the hell happened?” Jinki shook his head.

“Not here, let’s go upstairs.” Jinki rose slowly and, upon noticing his limp, Jonghyun wrapped the elder’s arm around his shoulder and helped him walk. Together, the two hobbled to the stairs, and made their slow ascent to the apartment.

Despite the help, Jinki’s breaths still came in short pants, face pale. It was obvious to the singer that there was more damage done that met the eye.

In the living room, Jonghyun stood before Jinki, towering over him as the elder sunk into the couch cushions.

“Explain.” Jonghyun said gravely.

Jinki hesitated. Where did he begin? ‘Oh nothing, I just got beaten up and nearly killed by my husband’s psycho ex-boyfriend. Oh, and he’s been stalking me for months.’

Right, that was a terrible idea. But he had to tell Jonghyun something...

“Do you remember Taemin’s ex, Minho? He attacked me on my way home from-” Jinki paused, cutting himself off before he admitted more than he planned to. Jonghyun’s jaw dropped, shocked by his words.

“What? Start from the beginning.”

“I was walking home from the store, and shoved into an alley. I thought it was a mugger, but it turned out to be Minho. He beat me up and then left.”

“He didn’t say anything?” Jonghyun asked, suspicious.

“Not much. Just something about hating me. It didn’t make much sense.” Jinki shrugged. He didn’t like hiding things from his best friend, but he knew if he told him everything, Taemin was sure to find out.

“Shouldn’t we call the police?”

Jinki shook his head. “No, I don’t want to make a deal out of this.  We’ve given this guy chances before Jinki, and look where it’s gotten us. You look like you’ve been hit by a car!”

Jinki winced at the comparison, and Jonghyun paled as well. “That’s... that came out wrong.” Trying to change the subject before their memories could swallow them up, he spoke again.

“Can I at least take you to hospital?”

“Jonghyun, please, I’m fine.”

Jonghyun sighed in exasperation and flung himself onto the couch beside Jinki. Absentmindedly he said, “Taemin is going to freak once he hears.”

Jinki shook his head and grabbed Jonghyun’s arm, startling the singer. “No. Taemin can’t know about this. Jonghyun, you have to swear to me you won’t tell him.”

Jonghyun pulled his arm from Jinki’s grabbed and glared at him. “Are you kidding me right now hyung? You want me to help you keep secrets from Taemin? No!”

“I don’t want him hurt because of me.” Jinki whispered, hating himself. It’s for the best, he tried reasoning, but even to himself it seemed weak.

Jonghyun’s voice softened a bit, though the serious tone remained. “You’re hurting him more by hiding things from him hyung.”

“Please Jonghyun.” Jinki pleaded. “I have to protect him from this. I can’t let Minho near him again. Not after last time.”

Jonghyun bit his lip, looking conflicted. After a moment, he sighed, shoulders dropping in defeat. “Fine. I won’t tell him. But if anything happens to you I swear-”

“Nothing will happen, I promise. Thank you Jonghyun. Now... how about a little idol make up magic so I look a little less... you know.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Let me call my stylist.”

 

An hour later, Jinki waved goodbye to Jonghyun and his stylist, his face looking as if it had never been touched. As he shut the door behind them, he glanced in the hallway mirror and blinked in shock.

“Wow, she really knows her stuff.” He said, turning his head from side to side, checking for any sign of his encounter. Finding none, he walked back to the couch and collapsed upon it, groaning at the impact.

Dread settled in the pit of his stomach, and closing his eyes tightly, he drifted back to that moment, to all the events that transpired.

 

“Minho.”

The taller man threw back his head and laughed. Jinki took his distraction as a chance to escape, but as soon as he shifted, Minho's hands were on him again, catching Jinki in a steel grip.

Minho smirked. "Now, now. It's not very nice to leave while we're in the middle of a conversation, is it?"

"Let me go." Jinki commanded, voice hard, though he shook in Minho's grip.

Minho pretended to think for a moment. "Hmmm. How about...no."  He replied, digging his nails into Jinki's arms. Jinki bit his lip to hold back the yell that threatened to break free.

"Now, let me get a look at you." Minho leaned close, studying Jinki's features. Jinki spat in his face, spit and blood hitting Minho square in the face.

"You piece of ." Minho growled, responding with another hit to the cheek. Jinki glared at him, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth.

"What a pathetic guy. How the hell did Taemin ever end up with you?"

"Still better than you." Jinki coughed, gagging on the iron taste in his mouth.

"Are you really? How can you say you’re better for Taemin than me? After what you’ve been doing, you can still act innocent?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You think I haven't seen you, going around with that skinny behind Taemin's back? You think I don't know what you've been doing when Taemin's not around? I know all your secrets, Jinki.”

He punctuated every sentence with a punch to the stomach, so that by the end of it Jinki was doubled over, gasping for air. Giving him no chance for recovery, Minho pulled Jinki up by the collar, bringing him to eye level.

"So Jinki, tell me. How is she? Finally decide you liked better than ?"

"You're disgusting." Jinki spat, eyes hard.

"That's rich, coming from you."

"You don't know anything." Jinki rasped, wincing.

"I know EVERYTHING." Minho pulled Jinki up by the collar, bringing him to eye level. Hatred burned in their eyes, the air tense with anticipation.

"Why do you even care?" Jinki asked, honestly confused.

"Because he's supposed to love me! Not you! He's mine!" Minho threw Jinki to the ground, hovering over him. Jinki pushed him away weakly.

"You're insane. After everything you've done, to him, to me, you think he could ever love you? As if. Taemin hates you Minho. He hates you."

Minho stomped his foot down hard on Jinki's ankle, a cry of pain finally escaping from his lips at the contact.  He could feel blood begin to soak his pant leg, his ankle burning.

"No, he can't. I'm his first love, his only love. It's you, you're the one who stole him from me."

"I saved him." Jinki argued.

"You kidnapped him. And I want him back."

"Taemin will never go back to you." Minho took Jinki's chin between his fingers and tilted it up.

"Well then, you better convince him. Or else you won't be the only one I visit." With one last kick to the ribs, Minho strode away, leaving Jinki alone, shivering on the wet stone ground.

 

“What am I going to do?” Jinki whispered, dropping his face into his hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. 

I'm so sorry for not updating last week TT_TT I can't promise it will never happen again, but I hope to make sure it won't!

Bye~