chapter 8

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday, May 21st. Day 3 without Park Soojung. As usual, during recess I went to the emergency staircase to read or just sat there and enjoy the weather by myself aside from that I was on my diet so that I would look beautiful in my wedding dress. As the bell rang, I went to the emergency staircase alone, with my favourite book in my hand. I turn the door knob and went down a level, I sat and lean my shoulder and head against the wall. I opened my book and was on page 223. I felt so good, reading the book that my favourite author wrote, it's windy, it's quite and I'm alone. I really love the book, the way Augustus Waters interpret things beautifully, how Hazel Grace live through her hardship without giving up, and how Isaac is a sarcastic guy but 2nd kindest person after Gus.

"I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it-or my observation of it-is temporary?” ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

I took a sit and I realized someone opened the door after me but I couldn't see who it is. Probably some people who make out during recess. I flipped on another page and oddly I could feel someone staring at me but I shrugged it off, thinking that I'll be a creep staring at the couple who's making out. I kept on reading and for a while I stopped and took a glimpse on my watch. 4 minutes before class start, I better get going now. 

I closed my book, stood up and brush the dust off my skirt. I kept my head low, staring at the cement while walking upstairs. I stopped when I saw pair of grey sneakers. I looked up and it was Tao, and surprisingly I blurted out his name.

"H-huang ZiTao?" 

"Song Qyoona?" he speak and I could see he was shocked and I also was. 

"Why are you here?.." I said awkwardly. He rubbed his nape, "I wanted to go the library, I guess it's the wrong way" he chuckled panickly. Even a stupidest person won't believe what he just said. Or that he is more stupid.

"Oh, uh yeah. It's that way actually. If you open this door and go straight and turned right you might see an actual staircase without emergency exit sign above the door" I chuckled lightly so that he didn't really realized that I was being sarcastic. 

He turned around and open the door, I went out after him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter