allkpop~'STONEHENgE' Photoshoot [Rewind]

SUPERSTAR | Starship Entertainment New Girl Group | STORY ENDED!
HLUUcov.png
NEWS    CREDIT    FEATURES    MEMES    PHOTOS    SHOP    FORUMS   
Rewind talk about SUPERSTAR, Cosmic Girls', HOTSHOT, and more in 'STONHENgE' 
March 7, 2016 @ 6:45 pm
zdVJmyT.png
by colors-
SCRAP, SHARE & LIKE
4365
SHARES
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

Rewind is has scored another photoshoot, but this time with 'STONEHENgE' and talked about SUPERSTAR, Cosmic Girls', and more with them.

SEE ALSO: Rewind release their 1st mini album 'Cry Again' as well as anothr MV 'Sorry, I'm Happy'

Saengmin and Jin showed their professional sides during the long photoshoot and did a short interview during that time. They say that they are the closet to each other in SUPERSTAR despite the big of 7 years and Saengmin said that she treats Jin like her own little sister and stated she always wanted a little sister (and meant no mean statements to her younger brothers Youngmin and Kwangmin xD).

Both girls also talked about their hoobae group Cosmic Girls' and even how members were supposed to have switched groups! They also talked about MONSTA X as well during their interview, on and off the video.

Q1. How did Rewind come to be?

Saengmin; "Our company [Starship Entertainment] wanted to make a subunit for SUPERSTAR and told us [SUPERSTAR] to pick which members should be in a subunit and why. So the members decided on me and Jin as a ballad subunit since we are the top two vocals in SUPERSTAR. Plus SISTAR [unnies] already had SISTAR19 with a vocal and a rapper, so we decided to do something different."

Q2. Why the name Rewind?

Jin; "We were actually deciding a subunit name while picking and writing the lyrics for our album. And since our song 'Cry Again' is based on a breakup and sometimes you want to go back in time and reverse things you did wrong, that's how Rewind as a subunit name came about."

Q3. Are you two the closet within SUPERSTAR?

Saengmin; "Yes, I believe so. I think that's what makes us different from our company sunbaes. We [SUPERSTAR] have the largest from oldest to youngest member, 7 years. And despite that we are the closet to each other. I think of Jin as my real dongsaeng and I wished I had a younger sister. But I love my dongsaengs all the same [Youngmin&Kwangmin]."

Jin; "Saengmin [unnie] took care of me when I was away from my family a lot during the time I was a trainee. Saengmin [unnie] reminds me of my [unnie], Sera. Me and Sera [unnie] are 11 years apart, but it feels the same when I'm with Saengmin [unnie]. That's why I think me and Saengmin [unnie] are so close."

Q4. SUPERSTAR was the youngest group within Starship Entertainment until MONSTA X and Cosmic Girls' debuted, do you like being the sunbaes?

Saengmin; "Being a sunbae took a long time to adjust to, even now. We never reliazed so much groups debuted after us. When we promoted 'Goodbye Baby' hoobaes greeted us! It was crazy to think now entering into 2016 that we have a lot of hoobae groups around us. When MONSTA X debuted it felt weird being called sunbae, but we told them [MONSTA X] to treat us like friends since we trained alongside them."

Jin; "I was used to being the youngest were ever I was, but now that Cosmic Girls' are debuting I'm not anymore. Two members in Cosmic Girls', Dayoung and Yeoreum are 1 year younger than me and greet me as a sunbae of course but now I realize I'm a [unnie] now to. It feels strange to be a [unnie], but I think Ill adjust in time. As for MONSTA X, even though debuted after us, it was only a few months difference so we became close."

Q5. Are you close with Cosmic Girls'?

Jin; "We are close with some members more than others but its because some members of Cosmic Girls' and SUPERSTAR were supposed to have switch members before SUPERSTAR debuted. I actually was supposed to have debuted with Cosmic Girls', but our CEO put me with SUPERSTAR because he told me I deserved to debut early on. Seolha [unnie] in Cosmic Girls' was supposed to have join us, as well as a possible of Cheng Xiao."

Q6. SUPERSTAR and rookie boy group HOTSHOT are close to each other, why is that?

Saengmin; "The main reason SUPERSTAR and HOTSHOT are close to each other is because we debuted on the same day and year! Its crazy to think we would debut on the same day but we did. And we met each other backstage and decided to be close since we debuted on the same day, and ever since then HOTSHOT has been close to us and we support each other in every way possible while each other's promote."

Jin; "Both sides post pictures of us together and apart to promote each other's songs and we are thankful when HOTSHOT [oppas] promote our songs and we do our best to promote their songs as well."

Q7. For 2016, what will SUPERSTAR show us as a whole?

Saengmim; "Since its a new year and this year will be SUPERSTAR's 2nd anniversary we want to show as much as we can, and with the best results. SUPERSTAR of course will make a comeback and we show a image our fans will love and enjoy."

Saengmin→Jessica
Jin→Krystal

TAGS

Jin
Saengmin
'STONHENgE''