SCANDAL #49

SCANDAL ROLEPLAY - ARCHIVE
HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
Interview with Red Velvet's leader, Irene! 
November 16, 2014 @ 14:06 pm
CHjAufy.png
zdVJmyT.png
by JR
scrap, share & like
7824
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

After our successful interview with the nation's girl group's leader, Taeyeon, yet again we got the chance to interview an artist from SM Entertainment, who happened to be the rookie group's leader, Irene. Her group, called Red Velvet, only started it's activities this summer with their debut single Happiness, which got positive and sadly some negative feedback as well, but thankfully the small group gained many fans, not only in Korea but internationally as well. Despite them being a rookie group, many articles were already written about them, since we got to know that two of the members, Wendy and Irene are both dating.

JR: Hi! Let's get started, now that we're both here. How do you feel that it's your first interview?
Irene: Hi. I feel... Nervous since I don't have my members with me for it, actually! Haha.

JR: I bet you got this a lot already, but congrats on your relationship! Everyone is curious about how it is to date someone from EXO, is it hard or despite them, and of course you being busy you can meet up with him like any regual couple could?
I: Oh, thank you! Yeah some people have already congratulated us, but luckily we haven't really been on many articles lately, so it's been calm. And, well... This is really the first serious relationship I have with someone but from what I hear from friends that aren't famous, it's definitely hard being together with Jong - um, Chen! Plus he's part of the China branch of his group, so it's not like he has the luxury to be in Korea all the time but when he is in Korea we do try to spend time together, just talking and of the like.

JR: That's good to hear! You said that this is your first serious relationship, does that mean that you were already in less serious ones? If so, what made them less serious than your relationship with Chen?
I: Well... Back in high school no one ever really takes relationships seriously /laughs/. And while going into college, things changed much and the one time I was with someone I never much felt a spark with them, regardless of that sounding cheesy. But with Chen it was... Really because of his singing and then when we started talking it just felt like I could really be more myself with him than any other partner. And before I knew it I was in love.

JR: That really sounds like you two will last long, hopefully forever. Though, there are people who don't approve of you going out with him, similar to your fellow member's case, saying things like a rookie shouldn't go out with an EXO member. Would you like to say anything about that?
I: Well, personally... I understand if some fans are hurt - we are stars, people many look up to as perfect and without flaws. And I get it, too, that we all have that one star we crush on - I went through that! So it's understandable if there will be nasty comments. However, speaking sincerely, I don't think it's right for us to receive such nasty comments from fans just because we found love. Of course we are role models in a sense, but we're still human, and no couple should receive rude comments from anyone just because they found love with each other.

JR: I see, I hope people will be more accepting towards these kind of things in the future. I mentioned Wendy just a little before, which made me remember how people are also curious about how both of you happened to be dating an EXO-M member. is it only accidental, or did the two of you get to know each other through Wendy or Tao?
I: Haha... It was actually pure coincidence. Chen and I actually met one another officially at the beginning of the year, but it wasn't until summer before Red Velvet debuted that we started really talking. Wendy and Tao met not long ago, but they met since they were MCs together. They hit it off straight off the bat. I'm really happy for them both.

tags
Red Velvet
Irene