Paradise

Paradise

 

Sunggyu continued looking to the man in front of him. He didn't know how to react after hearing those words. What was happening? Why was Woohyun saying such words? And why were they affecting him so much? And he didn't know why, but he just couldn't believe those words. He wanted to believe it, but something told him he couldn't believe what he just heard. He hated it. Why couldn't he say he was overwhelmed with such words and there was no way he would reject? He started biting his lower lip and started thinking about what he should say. He didn't want to hurt Woohyun, specially because this man looked beyond honest, but at the same time, he didn't want to hurt himself, and he was sure if he lied, he would just fall deeper into darkness.

 

“Stop...saying those words. Please.” Woohyun was starting to be beyond annoyed. “Why are you building this wall around you? Why won't you let me in?” He paused. He didn't want to sound mean, he didn't want to sound cruel. He knew that the wrong words could make the other hurt and would make him step back and he would never talk again. “I won't hurt you...I would never hurt you.” Woohyun knew how cheesy this sounded. He was sure it was because of the amount of dramas he watched. There was no other explanation because he wasn't that cheesy, at least he thought he wasn't.

 

Sunggyu just got up from the bed and passed his hand through his hair. What could he say? What should he say after those words? “You don't even know me!” He said. It was almost a whisper but loud enough to be heard. He knew this wasn't what Woohyun wanted to hear, but honestly, he couldn't care less. He just wanted to make things clear for himself. He was starting to feel his head spinning. He couldn't help but still feel the familiarity about this man. There was something incredibly warm, comfortable and familiar about this Woohyun guy, but what was it? Sunggyu wanted to know what, but he had no idea. They never saw each other, they never talked. This was the first time they saw each other, the first time they talked, and Sunggyu didn't know how, Woohyun was already talking about him protecting the other. What was he thinking? Or better, why wasn't he thinking?

 

“I don't need to know you. I can see you're an amazing person! I can see you're-” Sunggyu stopped his speech. “No you can't! For all you know, I've done this to my face! For all you know, I deserve this!” He shouted as he pointed to his face and showed his injured hand. He was trying his best to control himself, he was trying his best not to sound weak or even mad. He knew that Woohyun wasn't being mean or inconvenient, but he also knew that Woohyun knew exactly what he was saying and that he knew he was pushing a little too much. “For all you know...I've done this to myself...as punishment.” Sunggyu had no idea what he was saying anymore. The words were just coming out and he had no idea why and how he was going to stop it. Woohyun just stood there looking at him for a little while, still processing what he just heard. “Did you? Did you did that to yourself?”

 

He asked, his voice neutral, not showing any emotion whatsoever, making Sunggyu shiver a little. He started playing with the end of his shirt and began biting his lower lip because of the nerves. He could feel his heart beat so fast that he was sure it was going to explode. “....No...” Woohyun looked down to his feet and didn't know if he should get up from the bed or not. He was afraid he would scare the other man, but then he thought that he had to stop thinking about how scared the other man would get. If he was afraid of Sunggyu's reaction, he wouldn't even talk. He couldn't keep treating the other man like he was made of porcelain. “Then stop punishing yourself! Those scars aren't your fault! Stop making this wall around you! Let me in!” Woohyun said as he got up but didn't moved. He just stood on his place and continued looking to the man in front of him.

 

“Why should I? I don't know you...” Woohyun was starting to get beyond frustrated. “Who cares? I want to be with you, god knows why! I want to take care of you!” He was tired of repeating himself over and over again, but he also knew that the other man was just scared, and that was why he was acting like that. And Woohyun knew that wasn't very normal people who just met say they wanted to protect the other. “Please....I know we can be....happy.” Woohyun stepped closer. He held Sunggyu's hand and brushed his lips against the man's fingers. He could feel Sunggyu shiver under his touch, and it made him feel happy, in a very weird way. “I know you're scared...I know you're scared I might hurt you...but I promise, I'll never do it. I'll always be there for you. I'll always be there to protect you...to love you...” Woohyun couldn't believe he just said it, but as he did, it felt right. He didn't know why, but it felt really good, like a weight just left his heart. Sunggyu on the other hand, was beyond shocked but didn't said a word. He just stood there looking at him.

 

How was possible? How was possible that someone he just met was already saying he was ready to love him? And why did it felt so right? Why did it felt like something that happened so long ago, so far away? “How...did you got them?” Woohyun asked as he continued holding the man's hand and as he allowed his gentle fingers to touch the marks on the perfect face. He didn't know why, but Woohyun found extreme pleasure touching the scars. It felt something intimate, something that only he was allowed to do. Something that no one else could do and he wouldn't allow. “I....I don't remember...” Sunggyu said. “I....I just know that they are painful...no matter that 7years passed since I got them.” Woohyun raised a brow. 7Years? The scars looked older...and there was something about that date that made him wonder, but he just ignored it, not imagining the same thought was crossing Sunggyu's mind.

 

He felt his body move a little closer to Woohyun's. He could feel his face burn when that feathery touch started flying on his face. He had the urge to close his eyes and enjoy it. For the first time since he met Woohyun, he actually felt his heart go back to normal and felt like he could trust him, and Sunggyu had no idea why, but at the same time, his brain was telling him it was all a lie, that he had to run away as soon as he could.

 

Woohyun pressed his forehead against Sunggyu's and both could fee each other hot breath. The two men closed their eyes, not even realizing what was happening, but at that point, either of them cared. Taking this cue, Woohyun placed his hands around the man's waist and pulled him as close as he could and brushed his lips against Sunggyu's chin. He started smiling. He couldn't believe he actually had Sunggyu in his arms. It felt unreal, beyond anything he could imagine. “You're just like paradise....My paradise...” Woohyun whispered and was ready to press his lips against the man in front of him. He didn't even realized he wanted to kiss Sunggyu that bad until he was ready to do it. He never moved that fast, but there was something about this man...there was something about him that was driving Woohyun crazy with want, with desire, and if he didn't do anything, he was going to die of frustration. He wanted to taste those lips, to know how they felt against his and wanted to lock his against Sunggyu's forever, but what happened after, was not apart of his plans.

 

He felt Sunggyu push him away violently and moved as the speed of the light to the other corner of the room. “What the hell?” Woohyun asked. He couldn't believe that a man in such a weak state had so much strength to pull him away in such a violent way. He saw Sunggyu enter in panic, cover his mouth and walk back and forward. “What happened? What did I do? What did I say?” Woohyun had no idea what just happened. In one minute they are ready to kiss each other. In one minute Sunggyu allowed his guard to go down and to move closer to Woohyun, and on the next one, he pulls away and starts moving around the room like an insane man.

 

He was starting to think Sunggyu had some kind of mental problems, he wasn't sure. He just had to know what was happening there. “You....You!” Sunggyu said pointing to Woohyun, tears running down his eyes. Now the other man was starting to think he had done something seriously bad and cruel. But, he wasn't forcing the other man to kiss, was he? “How couldn't I remember? It was so...so obvious! I was blind!” Sunggyu continued talking and the more he did, more tears ran down his face. “At first I didn't realized but...when you call me paradise...your paradise...it all came back to me!” Woohyun raised a brow not understanding what the man was saying. “What are you talking about?” He asked but the other man continued talking alone and continued walking around the room. “All these years...I didn't realized...I thought...I thought you were dead! I didn't even recognized your name!” Now Woohyun was more than confused. There was no way he was catching up with this and he was now sure Sunggyu had lost it.“You!” Sunggyu said with a cold, mean voice making the other man scared. He looked to Sunggyu and he saw the hurt eyes. The hurt, lonely. “You...You're the reason I've these scars!”