Paradise

Paradise

 

Woohyun woke up for the second time. He didn't know what to think or do. He just continued looking to the man next to him and couldn't help but feel like he was about to die. It wasn't Hoya's fault, the man had no idea of what was happening and it made things even worst for Woohyun. He couldn't say what he wanted because that way Hoya would feel used, like he was some sort of object that the other used to release his frustrations, and that wasn't right, that wasn't how things should be done. He slowly got up, not wanting to wake up the other man who was sleeping peacefully. He grabbed a pair of random jeans that were on the floor and left the room. It didn't mattered if he was shirtless. They were all guys, so who cared? All he needed was think, he needed to put his thoughts in order before he went insane.

 

He closed the door behind him and took a deep breath. What was he doing? What had he done? He just used Hoya and didn't even realized. But he could swear he was seeing Sunggyu. He could swear he was hearing his moans, feeling his skin under his fingertips, tasting his sweet essence. It was all Sunggyu, it wasn't Hoya. Hoya didn't had that voice, he didn't had that smell, he didn't had that gentleness. “What's happening to me?” And what made him even more confused was how did he and Hoya ended up in his room? Was he that messed up that he imagined everything? Was he drunk and everything became a black stain in his memory? He confessed to the right person...didn't he? He didn't confessed to Hoya did he? No, that he was sure of. He was sure he confessed to the right person.

 

“Woohyun?” he heard his name being called. He looked up and saw the person that wouldn't leave his thoughts. He could feel his heart stop when he looked to that hopeless, worried face. What was wrong with him? What was happening to all of them? It was like his life was a dream and nothing else made sense. “Hyung...” He whispered. There they were. Sunggyu with a small glass of water on his hand, his small eyes looking tired and red. Woohyun didn't know what to say. This situation was beyond awkward and he had no idea what to do. The two of them continued in their silence and while Sunggyu continued drinking his water, ignoring the fact the younger was looking so intensely at him, Woohyun just started wishing something good happened to him.

 

He was starting to wish, for the first time that night all of this was nothing but his imagination and that he would wake up sooner or later and he would see Sunggyu sleeping on his own bed, and their manager would come inside the room yelling at them, saying they had to wake up. “....couldn't sleep?” Sunggyu finally asked, but still wasn't looking to the younger. Woohyun swallowed really hard and closed his eyes for a second. “No...and you?” He noticed the older shivered a little after that question, but maybe it was just his imagination. He wasn't sure what was real or not anymore. Who knew? Maybe a pink elephant would open the door and would start dancing, anything was possible in Woohyun's point of view. He was pretty sure he had lost his sense of reality a long time ago. “...I was just thirsty...”

 

With that, Sunggyu placed his glass on the counter and turned his back to Woohyun. He didn't know why he did it, he didn't even knew what to say after, but as soon Woohyun saw the older get ready to leave the room, he grabbed his arm and stopped him from moving. Sunggyu didn't moved and Woohyun didn't spoke. They just stood in that position for a while. It seemed like it lasted for an eternity, but in reality it only lasted 2, maybe 3 seconds before one of them had the courage to speak. The awkward atmosphere around them could be cut with a knife. “Why?” Sunggyu asked, his voice cracking a bit. This wasn't good. Usually the leader spoke with unbelievable confidence, even when he was scared, but now, he sounded like a little baby, scared his mother was going to hit him. “Why do you tell me.....why do you tell me you love me...and then you sleep with Hoya?” So he didn't imagined. He had confessed. He had confessed to Sunggyu earlier that night. He wasn't going mental, at least not as fast as he thought. “If that's your version of love, it's seriously messed up!”

 

What could he say? What could he possibly say that justified what he just did? “And the worst is, I can't hate him, no matter how much I want!” Sunggyu was still looking to the wall in front of him. He refused to look to the man holding his arm. Woohyun could hear the small sobs and it was making things worst for him. “He has no idea what you told me before....he has no idea.” another pause and this time Sunggyu turned to look at the younger one. His eyes were full of tears and Woohyun never saw him like that, never. “What's wrong with you? Do you get off with these things? Because from what I heard, he didn't wanted! You practically forced him!” If Woohyun wasn't feeling bad, he was feeling worst now.

 

He stopped holding the man's arm and Sunggyu gave two steps back. “I was going to say yes....” Sunggyu said while looking down to his feet and at that exact moment, Woohyun's heart stopped. “I was going to say I love you too...but now, I'm not sure of anything anymore.” With that, Sunggyu left the kitchen and went towards Hoya's room, since he was spending the night there because his own room was obviously crowed. Woohyun just stood there staring and feeling his heart break into millions of pieces. What did he do? He just ended his life. He was sure he did it. He felt so weak, so lonely that he didn't even had the strength to cry. It was like his tears had dried when his heart broke.

 

He turned and went back to his room. He knew it would be impossible for him to go back to sleep, but he didn't want to stay there, on the living room where Sunggyu's words were echoing over and over again. He opened the door and for his surprise, he saw Hoya fully dressed and with a very angry yet hurt face. This couldn't be good, and Woohyun couldn't handle more cold, hurtful words. It was too much for one person. “.....So you love Hyung?” Hoya asked, his voice as calm as possible. Woohyun took a deep breath and sat in front of the dancer. He knew Hoya didn't had feelings for him, it was clear as water, but it didn't made things easier at all. On the contrary. They were friends, best friends and made things a lot harder. He couldn't handle lose Hoya either. If he did, he would just jump from a window and kill himself. He needed Hoya, now more than anything. “...I do....”

 

Woohyun paused and didn't even allowed him to keep his words. “Please don't leave me! You can hate me, you can insult me, but please don't leave me! I need you. I need you by my side. I know what I did was wrong, it has no justification...but...believe me...I thought...I was positive you were Sunggyu....” Hoya started biting his lower lip. He wanted to hate his friend. He felt used, like he was someone cheap, like he was a toy, but when he looked to those eyes, he knew Woohyun was saying the truth and because of that, all of his anger flew away. He got up and then sat next to his frail, broken friend. “if you only knew how much I want to hate you.” Hoya whispered and Woohyun looked at him with pleading eyes. Hoya, in all those years he knew Woohyun, he never saw him like that.

 

“You're just lucky you didn't broke my heart....” Hoya said with a small smile, trying to calm down his friend but it was useless. “But...I forced you!” Woohyun said and the dancer took a deep breath, how was he going to explain this without sounding like a complete jerk? “You didn't. Yes, I told you to stop, but like you, I was also needy for attention, for love. All the members do. The only difference was that you and me broke down and found comfort in each other for a couple of moments.” Woohyun felt a warm sensation inside his body when he heard those words. It still didn't explained how he could possibly confuse Sunggyu with Hoya. “....sometimes, our brain plays tricks on us. I came to talk to you because I needed comfort...and it was dark....things just went beyond anything I could hope for.”

 

Woohyun nodded. How Hoya became so smart, he had no idea but he was liking what he was seeing. He allowed his head to press against the dancer's shoulder and they stood like that for a little while, until Woohyun asked what he wanted to know more than anything. “Why were you seeking comfort?” Hoya took a deep breath and closed his eyes, remembering what made him go to Woohyun's room in the first place. “I had a fight with Dongwoo-Hyung....small thing, but still made me cry a little.” Woohyun knew Hoya didn't want to talk about it. Why those two weren't together he would never understand.

 

They loved each other, it was clear as water, so why wouldn't they just ignore their pride and be together? “....you have to talk to Sunggyu-Hyung, before it's too late.” Hoya said. “I'm losing my mind Hoya...you have no idea how! I had a dream where Sunggyu died...and now, I've no idea what's reality or not!” Woohyun's voice was cracking but he was trying his best to remain calm. Hoya didn't know what was going on, and he was scared to ask. “I'm scared Hoya!” Woohyun admitted and Hoya raised a brow, not understanding. “I'm scared I'm going to wake up and realize...all of this...that Infinite, you, Sunggyu...are not real.” He paused for just a second. “If this is a dream, kill me now!”