Worry

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone!! It's the real update now!! I took more time than expected since I was stupid and lost my file and needed to redo everything *painful laugh* Anyway, thank you for all of you commenting on the last chapter, I've had fun reading it. Now, enjoy the chapter!! Beware of the angst, I guess HAHAHAHA

 

Worry

Chapter 36

 

Jessica woke up to an empty bed and a memo left next to her phone at the bedside table.

Good morning, Sica. Sorry for not waking you up. I know you have trouble sleeping last night. I have asked ahjumma to prepare warm drink and breakfast for you. Have a good day today. I love you

– Taeng

She groaned and looked at her phone, showing it’s already quarter past seven. She remembered Taeng said his flight is at eight. She immediately dialed his number.

“Hey. Good morning. You’re awake.”

“Good morning too.” Her voice was a little bit raspy from just getting up.

“Can you please turn to video call? I wanna see your face.”

Jessica did as he requested and immediately welcomed by a smiling face of Taeng.

There were bags under his eyes and on his other hand was a cup of coffee. He was actually tired, but he masked it well with the growing smile on his face. It wasn’t only Jessica who didn’t get her soundful sleep last night, Taeng too. He was staying all night, accompanying Jessica who couldn’t get to sleep after their awkward moment. She, of course, felt bad for making Taeng stayed up late when he would have a long flight the next day so she pretended to fall asleep on his embrace in order for the man to no longer stay awake with her. It worked, but still he lost some needed sleep.

But sure, the man didn’t want to show up any bit of hint of tiredness in front of her wife as the first thing he uttered was “Why are you so beautiful even in early morning?” completed with a playful grin.

“S-stop it. No flirting so early in the morning.” Her tiredness seemed to lessen a bit, replaced by rushing blood to her cheeks.

Taeng on the other line chuckled, getting the reaction he wanted. “How am I going to survive the whole week now? I’m already missing you.”

He was whining and instead of annoyed, Jessica found it adorable and it made her smiled. The first smile since last night.

“Look! You're even more beautiful now with that smile.”

“Geez. Stop it, Taeng.”

Another chuckle from the man. He felt more relieved seeing Jessica’s enlighten mood. “How are you feeling now?” His expression now shifted to a worry one.

“I’m okay, Taeng.”

“Are you sure? I’m still sorry about last night.”

She shook her head. “I’m the one who is sorry, Taeng.”

“I made you uncomfortable though.”

Jessica sighed, knowing the man would insisted about his wrongdoings – which clearly wasn’t. “Can we not argue about this now? You will fly soon and I don’t want us discuss something unimportant.”

“But your comfort is important for me.”

It’s a flattering comment, really. Taeng just knew how to work with his words. He always prioritized Jessica first. But Jessica couldn’t let herself swoon by it now, when she knew there would be no end of apologizing to each other if she let it continue. She wouldn’t let Taeng took the blame either, because it was hers, solely her fault. So she needed to stop it, before his day got ruined with unnecessary argument.

“Yes, Taeng. I know. Thank you for that, but I’m okay now. So no more talking about it, please?”

Taeng looked considering it and it made the woman felt relieve when he answered. “Alright then if you say so.”

“Have you had your breakfast?” Jessica shifted the conversation so they wouldn’t discuss the matter any longer.

“I’ve had it before I go.” He said before a yawn escaped from his mouth.

“Sleepy?”

“Kind of, but I’ve got myself covered.” He showed up the cup of coffee on his hand.

“You should rest.”

“I will.”

Jessica wasn’t convinced much though. She knew how the man was when he worked. He wouldn’t miss any chance to work, even on a trip. Even though he would always put his attention to Jessica whenever they were together, but work was never really left behind.

“I promise.” He offered a reassuring smile.

“You better be.” She trailed off. Her free hand was fidgeting with the hem of her sleeping attire. “When will you come back again?”

“Next Thursday I suppose.”

“Aaah…”

He sensed the hesitation. “Hey. I’ll be back soon.”

“Yeah. I’ll miss you, Taeng,” she said albeit timidly but loud enough for the other person to hear.

It was the first time they would be separated for that long since they were together. She didn’t know she could be affected this much by the separation. It wasn’t even a day of being apart, but the thought of not seeing each other already made her miss the man.

Taeng showed her an understanding smile. “I’ll miss you too, Sica.”

“Come back soon, okay?”

He nodded. “I’ll come back soon. I know you’ll miss me a lot. I’m so charming, right?” He showed his playful grin.

“You’re unbelievable.” Jessica shook her head hearing her husband’s antic.

“Whatever. You still love me.” The supposed mature man let out her tongue childishly.

Jessica clicked her tongue. “What am I gotten myself into? I should really check up your actual age now.”

“You get one awesome and charming husband, Sica. No worry.” The grin never left his face completely, but just got wider.

“Oh my god.” The woman facepalmed herself. “You really won’t stop bragging yourself, will you?”

He shrugged. “I don’t get my morning kiss. Maybe that makes me malfunctioning.”

Jessica couldn’t stop herself from chuckle. If she didn’t know better, she wouldn’t believe anyone tell this person talking to her was the CEO of Jeguk Corp. How can someone so dork like him become the leader of the multinational company? It’s really hard to believe.

“Here.” She leaned in to the camera and gave it a kiss. “Sorry it can only be virtual for now.”

Taeng moved backward, arched his body while holding onto his chest. “Aaah. My heart.”

“Yah!!” she pouted.

Taeng giggled. “You’re so cute. Anyway, thank you. That will do for now. I’ll claim back the real one when I get home.”

“You should,” she mumbled.

It made Taeng smiled. “I think I should go now,” he looked at his watch, “still have to go through immigration and security checks.”

Jessica nodded. “Okay. You don’t wanna miss your flight.”

“I’ll call you soon.”

“Have a safe trip, Taeng.”

“I will. I love you.”

“I…I love you too.”

Jessica let out an exhale when the call had ended. It was nice and comforting talking to Taeng, but this time she knew she wouldn’t last much longer. She put down her phone and buried her face on the pillow. Her head was in a mess.

Liar.

What a terrible liar you are.

No.

No.

She wasn’t okay.

She was actually felt terrible.

But she couldn’t let Taeng know that. Not after what happened last night. Not after seeing how he tried to lighten up her mood.

After a short while she sat up and took her phone again. There was something she had to do first. On the third ring, the other person picked up the call.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Hyo. Are you free now?”

“Huh? Why?”

“I need to see you.”

***

“You owe me a lunch. I have to ditch my morning yoga for this. What’s with the sudden meeting though? You---“ Hyoyeon stopped rambling when she saw Jessica’s troubled expression. “W-what’s wrong?”

“Can I get in first?”

The blonde woman opened the door of her apartment and let her best friend in. They sat on the couch at the living room before she started pestering again. “What’s wrong, Sica?”

“It’s Taeng,” the questioned woman answered short.

 “What happened? I thought you two are doing okay?” Hyoyeon frowned, confusion was clear between her uttered words.

“It’s been really good lately actually.”

“So what’s bothering you? You look like a mess.”

Jessica sighed and buried her head in her palms. If she could she just want to bury herself to the deepest earth so no one would find her. “I am in a mess, Hyo.”

“Hey, Sica.” Now Hyoyeon was getting more worried. What could make someone like Jessica feel so troubled like this? Yeah, she had her share of bad day with Hyoyeon. She had come barge in crying and all, but nothing seemed as troubled like this one look the brown haired woman had. “Hey.” Hyoyeon got closer and patted her best friend’s shoulder softly. “I’m here for you, Sica.”

Jessica slowly looked up at her friend. “Do you remember what you said to me a few months ago?”

“About?”

“Taeng. You said I have to open my heart for him. And I do just exactly the same. I try my best to open up my heart for him.”

“O-o-okay.” Hyoyeon blinked a couple of times. “And?”

“It might sounds crazy, but everything is just doing well with him. It’s not that hard to fall for him when all he does is showering his love to me. And I mean it’s not only about all the sacrificing and selfless actions he has done to me but also all the simple little things he does. Without realize, I already fall for him. I love him and I don’t want to lose him.”

The blonde’s eyes got bigger hearing the confession. “Y-you…you love him?”

“Yeah, Hyo. I love Taeng.”

There was no hesitation in her answer, but somehow it was lingered with sadness.

“I don’t wanna sounds rude and judgmental, but you know what happened before Sica, between you and Yul. And it’s only a few months. Are you sure you really love him?”

Jessica sighed. “I know it may sounds unbelievable but it is what it is. You know that sometimes heart can be illogical and irrational and acts on its own.”

The blonde woman finally nodded and processed the news she just heard. It didn’t completely erase her confusion though. “If so why do you look so stressed now? Isn’t it a good thing?”

“It is. Everything is good. I’m so happy with him. And I can make him happy. That’s all matters.”

Hyoyeon waited as the woman next to her closing her eyes and took a big inhale.

“And I finally confessed to him.”

“You did?”

Jessica nodded.

“Then why? What’s with all this gloomy feeling? I don’t get it, Sica.”

“On the night I confessed to him, I realized that I want to build a family with him. I love him and we’re married, so a family is a normal thing to have.”

“O-okay.”

“And last night he kissed me and---”

“Okay, Sica. I don’t need details.”

Jessica shoved Hyoyeon’s shoulder lightly. “Geez, hear me out first. I won’t share you the detail anyway. It’s my privacy.” She sulked.

“Just precaution.” The blonde woman chuckled which only got a shaking head from the other woman.

“So one thing led to another and long story short, I stopped him.”

“What?!” Hyoyeon’s voice raised a bit as her eyes widened. “But why?” Hyoyeon now was facing the woman in question. “You say you love him. You say you want to build a family with him. So why?”

“I…” Jessica couldn’t finish her words, instead only a heavy sigh came out from .

“You’re not ready?”

No answer.

“It’s not your first time, right? I know how conventional sometimes you can be, but you’d been with Yul for years. It just---“ Hyoyeon stopped herself when she realized something. “Wait, don’t tell me…” She observed the brown haired woman’s expression. “It’s Yul, isn’t it?”

“I’m really screwed up, ain’t I?” Jessica buried her face on her palms again. She was already on the verge of crying. Her voice was cracking and her body was trembling slightly.

Jessica might not saying it directly but judging from her reaction, Hyoyeon knew her assumption was right. She wanted to comfort her best friend saying it was not true, telling her she wasn’t screwed up, convincing her that everything would be alright, but even she couldn’t deny that Jessica was indeed in trouble.

So instead of whispering words of white comforting lies, while pulling her into a hug and patting her back lightly, Hyoyeon could only mustered out something between “don’t cry” and “we’ll figure it out together”.

***

It took quite a while for Jessica to stop crying in Hyoyeon’s comforting hug. By the end of her sobbing, the blonde woman noticed that Jessica looked pale and when she asked her about breakfast and the brunette’s answer was no, Hyoyeon went into a ‘mother mode’ and insisted on making breakfast for her even after a lot of refusal. It was Hyoyeon’s house so it was her rule and no one could stop her, she reasoned.

“Here, eat first.” The dancer brought the food to the couch where Jessica was resting, but the reaction she got was rejection. Not that she didn’t foresee it.

Jessica shook her head. “Thanks, Hyo. But I don’t feel like it.”

“Oh come on, Sica. You already look pale. You need to eat.”

“Really, Hyo. I’m not in mood.”

“Just a bit, Sica.” Hyoyeon brought the food closer.

“Stop!” Jessica yelled, stretching out her arms to stop her blonde friend to come closer while her other hand covered and nose.

Hyoyeon halted her step, startled by a sudden yell. “A-are you okay?”

Jessica nodded her head. “Put away the food please.”

Hearing the desperate note in her voice, Hyoyeon finally stopped being persistent and did as her best friend said. “Are you sure you are okay?” She frowned.

“I am.” But her body immediately betrayed her because suddenly she had the urge to gag and quickly covered again.

“Sica?!”

Jessica didn’t listen to her best friend’s call anymore as she rushed to the bathroom and finally threw up into the toilet bowl. Her best friend quickly helped h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter