Love or Dream

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love or Dream

Chapter 21

 

“Then let’s run away together.”

Yul talked confidently while keeping his gaze at the beautiful eyes of the woman.

“What are you talking about?”

Sica’s face shown a clearly confused expression.

“Let’s go far away from Seoul. To a place where we can be together without fear of losing each other.”

“Leaving Seoul?

“Yes, Sica.”

“Why?”

“Seoul is not safe anymore, Sica. There are too much eyes watching on us.”

“What do you mean, Yul?”

“You know, Sica. Not everyone support our relationship. There are people who wants you to be with someone else, rather than me. They want you to stay with your husband.”

Sica could sense the bitterness when Yul uttered the last word.

“But I only want you, Yul. I don’t want to be with anyone else. Not even him.”

“Yes, Sica. Yes,” He caressed Sica’s cheek slowly with his thumb. “I know. I trust you. But I can’t trust the others.” Yul pulled his hand from Sica’s face before looked at other direction to hide his disappointment and anger feeling. It made him remember about what just happened a few hours ago. Between him and his best friend.

“What makes you think like that, Yul?”

Sica touched his shoulder gently. Feeling the touch, Yul could only look dreamy, his mind wandering to the accident back in the café which cause a pang of pain on his chest.

“These wound on my face. It’s the evidence that I can’t trust anyone else,” he said grimly.

“I don’t understand.”

“The person who land his punch on my face is Sooyoung, Sica. My own best friend.”

Sica gasped. “It can’t be. Why would Sooyoung do that?”

“He is against our relationship. He doesn’t want me to be with you.”

“Really?” Sica’s voice slightly raised.

Yul sighed tiredly. “Yes. Sadly that’s true,” said him without any enthusiasm.

Sica could hardly believe it.

Yes, she knew that in the past Sooyoung once warned Yul about herself. About her social status to be exact. Sica could understand that. It was true nonetheless. And Sooyoung would only do that because he was worry about his best friend. Better warn first before it’s already too late.

But had he oppose her relationship with Yul? No, he never did.

In the eye of Sica, Sooyoung was the closest best friend Yul had. He was always really supportive about Yul. She could see that Sooyoung really love Yul as his best friend. His attention to Yul was pure and sincere from his heart.

Then now, Yul said he had a fight with Sooyoung that left a purplish swollen mark on both of his cheek and also a cutting lips.

Why someone like Sooyoung who had a very kind heart would hit his own best friend on the face? It wouldn’t be because of an unreasoneful anger only. There must be a good explanation behind it.

He continued, “He even said that my feeling for you now is not love. I can’t believe he said that. What does he know about my feeling? He always talk like he knows everything about me. Tell me to do that. Tell me not to do that. Really annoying.”

“Yul,” Sica called softly. “He only cares about you.”

Yul turned around to look at Sica. The brunette woman could see a pinch of anger in his brown orb eyes.

“Care? Are you serious, Sica?”

“Yul...” mumbled Sica as she avoided the angry look of Yul.

“He knows how much I love you, Sica. He knows how I was without you, how terrible my life was. Yet he talked like that to me. Stomp over my love for you like it’s some unworthy feeling.”

“Yul…”

“What??!!” He asked with a loud voice. “Why do you defend him now? Do you believe him more than me?”

“You know it’s not like that, Yul,” answered her desperately.

“I can’t understand, Sica. Don’t you love me too? Don’t you want to be with me forever? If so, why are you like this now?”

Why.

Why.

Why.

Sica averted her gaze back to Yul and stared at him undeterred. His usually clear brown eyes had turned into a darker one. She could see only anger and pain in the usual bright eyes.

Yul was warm and kindhearted man in Sica’s eyes. His sincere attention and warm love were the reason she opened her heart for someone. The reason behind her melted cold heart. Yul was the type of person who would look at others’ kindness first before thinking about their bad attitude. He would help everyone without hesitate.

But what happened to the heartwarming Yul she used to know?

Fear and anger could easily dominate his feeling recently. He would get anxious easily even though there was nothing to be worry about, especially if the matter involved Sica. His temper would get on nerves every time he felt insecure about his position as the man who Sica loved.

It was true that they understood each other, never got into a big fight and would made up easily within a short span of time. But the amount of their ‘little’ quarrelling was increased significantly. This fact like it or not made her worry too.

And right here, Yul just confessed that he was involved in a fighting. Moreover with his very best friend, Choi Sooyoung. Indeed she didn’t know how their situation was, or what they said to each other, or what they were feeling at that time, but she knew for sure that Kwon Yul was not the type of man who resolved his problem by bumping his fist at the other. So was Choi Sooyoung.

Aside from the warm and comfortable feeling Sica had every time she met Yul, there was an undeniable sad feeling inside her heart knowing that something had changed him.

What happened to her beloved Kwon Yul until he became like this? Was it because every hardships that Sica brought to him because of their relationship?

Sica shifted her gaze again. She could not see those eyes anymore.

“I do love you, Yul. But please don’t be like this.” Sica finally said with a weak sigh in the end.

“What do you mean, Sica?”

“You’re not like this, Yul.”

“Huh?”

“Please calm yourself, Yul.” Sica pleaded which sounded more like a beg.

“Are you kidding me, Sica? Calm you say? I have been calm since forever, Sica. I was calm when you are taken from me forcefully. I was calm when you leave me alone without any explanation. I was calm when I knew you were standing on the aisle, speaking the vow to other man. I have been calm enough!” His chest went up and down after finishing his sentences.

“Yul…” Sica couldn’t utter another word because of Yul’s sudden burst.

“Stop calling me like that, Sica. I don’t need sympathy. I only need you, Sica. Why can’t you understand???” He yelled the last sentence in frustration.

“I’m…I’m…I’m sorry….I’m sorry,” Sica mumbled incoherently.

Yul exhaled loudly. “Never mind.” He sighed again. “So are you gonna go with me or not, Sica?” He changed back the topic.

“Where are we going to go?”

“Anywhere far from Seoul.”

“We can’t just go anywhere, Yul. What do you have in your mind now?” asked Sica.

Yul thought for a while. “How about America?”

Sica shook her head. “It’ll be too dangerous. There is Jeguk Corp. branch there. It means there are a lot of my father’s people.”

“Then we should go where there is no Jeguk Corp. branch. I bet there is none in Brazil.”

“Are you crazy?!” Sica replied immediately.

“Why? Jeguk Corp. won’t have a branch there, right?”

“Yes, of course. But how can we survive living there, Yul? We don’t even understand their language.”

“Oh, you’re right,” he slumped his shoulder defeatedly.

“How about Canada then?”

“That’s worse. There are my relatives there.”

“Singapore?”

“Don’t you say far away?”

“Isn’t it already far enough?”

“Can’t help but be more cautious, Yul,” Sica answered flatly.

“Haiiishh,” Yul ruffled his own hair frustratedly.

“How about New Zealand?”

“Is it alright?”

“I think so.”

“Okay then. New Zealand it is.” The feeling of anger and sadness had evaporated from his body, changed by an enthusiasm.

“Wait,” said Sica suddenly. “Do you have a passport?”

“Eh?”

Sica hit her own forehead. “We can’t go without passport, Yul.”

“I know that, Sica.”

But instead of replying Yul, Sica hit her own forehead again for the second time. “We also need visa to live there.”

“Okay, okay. So passport and visa. What else do we need?” Yul asked impatiently.

“That’s it.”

“I’ll work on it as soon as possible. So don’t worry anymore.”

“Okay then.”

“So everything is settled?”

Sica nodded but not long after she talked again. “But how about umma, Yul? You won’t leave her here alone in Seoul, right?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter