Hang Out

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hang Out

Chapter 33

 

“Look at this. What do you think?”

The red haired woman showed the book to Jessica, she pointed at one sketches that caught her attention.

“It’s nice. It will accentuate your pretty shoulders. Maybe we can add some cut here and change the lower part's look then it will be better. Like this.” Jessica quick-sketched her ideas on another paper and showed it to the expectant woman. “How?”

“That’s genius!” Tiffany clapped her hands excitedly. “It’s really a good idea to bring you here.”

Jessica showed a genuine smile. “I’m happy to help.”

“It’s a great idea, Jessica-ssi. I also have another collection that would perfectly fit the spring wedding. You can take a look first to consider more options.” The designer swiftly moved to the large display that contained endless album of his design.

And that just added the excitement in Tiffany. She continued to pick more albums and flip through it, scrutinizing every details of the sketches, asking for Jessica’s advice once in a while. The other woman gladly gave her point of view.

Tiffany asked Jessica to help her doing the survey first before she would go with her fiancée later. She trusted Jessica’s sense of fashion and it had been some kind of their silly promise, that Jessica would help her with the wedding gown when she married later. It was also Jessica who recommended the boutique to her. She claimed she knew the designer from one of the fashion show.

After another hours of looking through the endless sketches, Tiffany finally closed the album. She crossed her leg elegantly then ran her finger over her long red hair.

“Your designs are tremendous, Miss Bae,” Tiffany complimented her whole-heartedly. “It’s honestly very hard to choose.”

“Ah, thank you, Miss Hwang.” She chuckled, happy for the flattering remark.

“Take your time, Fany. No need to hurry. Besides you need to discuss it with Oppa too later.”

Tiffany nodded, agreeing her friend's words.. “If it’s okay with you, I wish to take some of these home to discuss it with my fiancée later.”

“Very understandable,” the designer smiled. “We all want that one perfect wedding for a lifetime, don’t we?”

"Of course." The red haired woman beamed a smile that turned her eyes into a pair of crescent moons.

Jessica couldn’t help but remember about her own wedding when she saw how bright Tiffany’s smile there.

Hers was so different.

She didn’t put much thought into it. She just thoughtlessly chose the one which caught her attention, or what was recommended to her – at least that wasn’t so bad in her point of view.

She wasn’t bothered to have a beautiful wedding like those fairytale ceremonies. She didn’t think much about wanting flowers, or wanting harps and violins and piano and flute, or about the dance floor.

She wasn’t concerned to take parts in talking about which purple color suits more between maroon, plum, eggplant, grape, orchid, lavender or about which flowers was the best between Gardenia, Gerbera Daisy, Casablanca Lilies, or which roses to be used between Sweetheart Roses, Spray Roses, Garden Roses, Juliet Roses.

At that time, she only cared that the wedding would soon be finished and she could pass that torturing moments soon.

Which Jessica admitted, it was her lost.

When she finally realized that she didn't resent her marriage.

When she finally came to love every moments of her marriage life.

When she finally harbored a feeling for the person she married.

Now she would never had those perfect wedding with the person she loved anymore.

Because the person she loved was already married to her.

It wasn’t possible to marry the same person twice.

Right?

***

“So, have you guys decided on a specific date?” Jessica asked after they moved to the café.

Tiffany shot a wide smile that reached her eyes. She nodded vigorously.

“It’s April 4th.”

“Isn’t that---“

The red haired woman nodded. “Yup. It was our anniversary date.”

“That’s five months to go, Fany-ah.”

“Yeah, I can believe it.”

“Time really flies fast, huh?”

“It does. I can’t help but feel really nervous now. How if the wedding wasn’t as perfect as I imagined it to be? How if the dress wasn’t fit on me on the day? How if the catering ran out of food? How if the weather forbid us to have the garden party? How if Oppa left me on the aisle?” Tiffany took Jessica's hands and her grip on hers become tighter with each question.

Jessica pulled away one hand to put it on Tiffany's and used it to rub her hand gently. “Hey, hey, hey. Don’t think like that. It’s understandable for the bride-to-be to be nervous, heck even the groom-to-be. But don’t overthink it. Also," she smiled. "Oppa loves you so much.”

The smile was reflected on Tiffany's face when the last sentence was said.  “Yeah, you’re right. I’m one lucky woman, ain’t I?”

“You are, Fany.”

Tiffany relaxed again and sipped her drink. “So, how do you deal with this nervousness?”

“Huh?”

“During your wedding preparation. How do you deal with your nervousness?”

“Ahh, that…” Jessica’s trailed off. Her gaze shifted to her drink.

Did she feel nervous back then?

She believed she was feeling more regret than nervous. She wasn’t nervous back then. She was too numb from the pain to feel other things.

But she couldn’t tell it.

She couldn’t tell it to Tiffany who was all excited about her upcoming wedding.

She couldn’t tell about her dark past with Taeng.

She couldn’t tell that she regretted it and wished to turn back time.

So she told this instead,

“I guess having Taeng back then was really a great help.” It was partly true anyway. In one way or another.

“Aigoo, you’re so sweet.”

Jessica laughed it off. Because she knew it didn't mean sweet like what her friend's thought.

“Anyway, Jessie…”

The brown haired woman looked at her friend in front of her. What was with the sudden change of atmosphere? Why was she fidgeting? Why did her voice turn so soft?

“Hmm?” She raised one of her eyebrows.

“Yesterday,” Tiffany bit her lip. She gulped the lump on before looking up, “I met Taeng.” She immediately shifted her gaze to look at anywhere but Jessica after she said so.

“Oh?!” Jessica was intrigued by the sudden news. She involuntarily straighten up herself and opened her ears wider. "What is it?

“I think he was kinda drunk and he…”

Jessica felt Tiffany hesitated as she fidgeted more in her seat.

"And he..."

A frown.

"And he..."

"And he what, Fany?"

A shake of head.

“Ah, never mind.”

“Huh?”

“Anyway," Tiffany beamed a smile, quickly turned back the atmosphere to more relaxin as before, "you still owe me the story of him.”

“Huh?”

Jessica really didn't understand her bestie. Why did she change mood so fast like that?

Also what was with that intriguing talk about Taeng? Was something happened to him before he got home? Did he do something embarassing in public? Did he commit anything dangerous?

Before her worried grew more, Tiffany continued her curiosity talk.

“Oww, come on, Jessie. The last time we contacted each other you have this singer boyfriend, that tall tanned man. What is his name, again? Yoong? Ah no. Yuri? That sounds close. Ah, Yul, right?”

And Jessica really didn't understand her bestie because just how on earth, this bubbly woman had to remind Jessica again about one specific man she tried hard not to think about.

She suddenly felt a sickening feeling inside her stomach.

“But then I got your wedding invitation with different man. Taeng must be really special for you, isn’t he? For you to get married so fast like that.”

And that sickness in her stomach just grew intense. Like someone jabbed her hard right at the stomach. She couldn't talk. Se couldn't think. All she felt was the sickening feeling inside her stomach that was gonna taking over her body real soon.

“Jessie?” Tiffany stopped when Jessica didn't answer her questions. “Omo, Jessie? Why do you look so pale suddenly? Are you okay?”

Jessica was snapped back. Her eyes caught the worry look of the red haired woman. She tried to push away the uncomfortable feeling before waving her hands. “I’m okay. I’m okay, really.”

“How can you be okay? You look pale!”

“Maybe because I skipped lunch?” Jessica offered an answer with a shrug.

What a lame excuse.

But it was apparently enough for Tiffany to stop asking and called the waiter instead to order some foods for Jessica, while constantly scolding Jessica for being so reckless.

Jessica could only take it with a narrow smile.

Because she knew,

It wasn’t the reason.

Whatever the real reason was, Jessica didn’t want to know at this moment.

***

“Now let’s introduce our guests for today.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m singer Im Yoona.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kwon Yul.”

A round of applause.

“Yoona-ssi, you made a comeback recently and it has been a success. Your song topped the Korean charts and also worldwide. How do you feel about it?”

“I’m so thankful for the loves people give to my music. It only gives me more motivation to produce more music to repay the love.”

“Your music isn’t only well received by young people, but to general public as well.”

“I’m flattered about it. I hope my music can give strength to everyone who listen to it, no matter what their age is.”

“How about you, Yul-ssi? What do you think about Yoona’s tremendous success?”

“Ah, I’m glad she is doing so well. When she first recorded the song, I already have a knack it will be a success.”

“How do you know it?”

“She sings so well and pours the emotion wholeheartedly.”

“Thank you, Yul-ssi.”

“That’s right. You produced some of Yoona’s songs in this album, right, Yul-ssi?”

“Yes. I produced three songs and wrote two of it, included the title track.”

“Can you tell us more about the title track, Yul-ssi?”

“Wings is about two lovers who bring the better out of each other. Not only lifted each other when they were down, but to the extent that made each other fly to the sky with each other supports. When I finished this song, I thought Yoona would suit it so well.”

“Oh, why is that?”

“She has inspired so many people out there. From children to young people, even ahjumma and ahjusshi,” he chuckled.

“That’s right, Yul-ssi,” the radio DJ chuckled as well.

“Ah, thank you, Yul-ssi,” said the young woman as she looked down, trying to hide her blushing cheeks.

“So it’s really a good thing this song receives so many loves, as well as for Yoona,” Yul added before glancing at the said singer with a proud look.

“Yes, now let’s talk about your latest OST. You just made your way to entertainment industry when you released your first OST not long ago. And it received a well feedback. Now with your second OST, you’ve been a hot issue. I heard you’ve gained quite a lot of fangirls.”

Yul chuckled. “I’m thankful that I’m trusted to sing this song. And I also feel thankful for the loves this song and I received. I honestly didn’t expect it to be so well received.”

“What do you think about all those new fangirls of yours?”

“I’m..." he tried to find the right word, "happy?”

It caused a laughter around the studio.

“How about you, Yoona-ssi? You have a big fandom yourself.”

“Fans has always been a thankful and important existence in my career. I’m going through because of them. So to conclude, I’m happy too for them.”

“Great minds really think alike,” the radio DJ chuckled. “So what do you think gathers all those new fangirls, Yul-ssi?”

“Hmm, actually I’m not sure. But I guess it’s for the song?”

“Oh, you’re shy, Yul-ssi. What do you think, Yoona-ssi?”

“Well if you talked about fangirls, wasn’t the first thing that flashed your mind is, well, good-looking?”

“Is that a way of you to say that Yul-ssi here is good looking?”

Yoona nodded. “He is a good-looking one, for sure.”

“Wow, I’m flattered to get such compliment from you, Yoona-ssi.”

“Everyone, isn’t it so warm when your idols compliment each other like this? Now shall we listen to Wings first? Everyone, Wings by Yoona.”

With that, the song was played in the background.

That was Yul’s first ever radio broadcast. Yul had have public appearance experience before, but he was nervous nonetheless. After all, this one was like his first official public appearance, where a larger mass would tune in to the radio to hear what he said. It was sure on different scale from performing in café or school’s events.

He was really thankful that Yoona was there with him. Her presence was really helping him. It set him in ease to know someone familiar was around.

Yul felt relief that the first section went through considerably smooth, despite the fangirls question. It was something that he had been aware of but still made him a little bit uncomfortable nonetheless. First of all, he only wished to be a singer, not an idol with a group of fans. He was thankful for the fans – of course, but the idea of being an idol was not something that ever crossed his mind. He knew it was something inevitable in the entertainment industry, so he tried to accept it and continued to thrive to achieve his dream.

And the broadcast continued to the next section. Yul was faced with situation where his wittiness and entertainment skill were tested. After all, being in entertainment industry wasn’t all about singing alone. Sometimes – and most of the times – it required a complete pack of entertainment skills. Once again, Yul was glad Yoona was the other guest for the broadcast that day, because she really helped a lot for Yul to adapt fast and also felt at ease.

Because of her, he once again survived the section well. He smiled wide when his OST finally was played on the radio, indicated that the section was over.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter