Fever

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fever

Chapter 8

 

The audience clapped in unison after the performance had completed. Children walked out from the stage, some were running a little. A little girl wearing a pink dress ran with smile on her face. She got a big hug from her father.

“How is it, Dad?”

Her father patted her head. “Really good.”

The little girl smiled really big. A wide smile. “Do you like it, Dad?”

He nodded. “Yup, of course. So proud of you my girl.”

She blushed. “How is it, unnie?” the little girl turned and faced the girl beside her father. A girl that looked almost the same with her but taller than girl in pink dress.

“You’re the best, Soojung-ah,” the older girl gave two thumbs to her younger sister. The little girl grinned in return.

“Dad, can I be a singer? I love singing,” Krystal faced her father again with a big wide smile plastered on her face.

“Singer? Our Soojungie wanna be a singer?”

She nodded enthusiastically. “Yes, Dad. A singer. Can I?” she showed her puppy face, trying to melt her father’s heart.

The man laughed at the cute little girl. “Anything you want my baby.” He hugged his younger daughter. Later, he felt her shirt was tugged. He turned his head and looked at her other daughter that stood next to him.

“I want too, Dad.”

“Do you want a hug?” her father asked obliviously.

The girl shook her head. “Become anything I want.”

“Of course you can, honey.” He gave a soft look.

“Really, Dad?”

He nodded. “Yes honey. Come to papa. Let me hug you too.”

The girl welcomed the embrace and wrapped her arms around her father. The hug brought her warm despite the cold surrounding. The warm she loved. The warm she would miss. The longer she hugged, the warmer her body felt. Eventually, it had become hot already. Sweat had formed on her forehead. A lot. She felt really hot.

***

A cold sensation on her forehead woke her up. Sica opened her eyes slowly and stared upward. White. Looked really similar to her bedroom. She squinted her eyes multiple times. Her dizziness had not gone yet. She tried to touch her dizzy head. Her hand could feel something soft on her forehead.

“Oh, you’re awake.”

This voice.

Sica turned her head to the side and saw him. “You?” she said weakly.

He didn’t reply instead took the towel from her forehead and put it on a washbasin. Sica tried to push herself up but she felt really weak.

“Just lay down for now, Sica.” He put his palm on her forehead. Probably checking her body temperature. “Your body still burning. Stay there for a while. I will change the water first.” He took the washbasin and went outside the room.

Sica obeyed his words and stayed still. She tried to massage her head to ease the pain but it actually didn’t do any good so she stopped it. Her hand searched for her phone on the nightstand beside her bed. She swiped the screen. Already 3 o’clock. How long I’ve been laying on the bed? She asked herself. Then she saw the notifications. It showed 50 miscalls and 35 messages. She opened it and like she had expected, it was Yul, almost all of them, except some miscalls and messages from her best friend.

Yul. He must be really worried.

The guilt and sadness crept up her body through her spine. I’m really sorry, Yul. She closed her eyes, trying to fight the tears that seemed to fall in any seconds.

But soon a cold and soft fabrics met her forehead again. She knew he had been back to the room but didn’t open her eyes yet. She didn’t want he saw her crying.

“Your friend is here, Sica. I think I should go now. Rest well okay.”

She nodded her head lightly and soon heard her door was being closed. She immediately opened her eyes and wiped her tears. I shouldn’t be this weak.

“Sica!”

Her friend’s voice startled her.

“You got me really worried, you know.”

“Sorry, Hyo,” she smiled weakly.

Her friend looked at her with a visible worried look. “What’s wrong with you? It’s been century since your last sick. And you don’t show up on work too.”

Sica smiled weakly. “Get a very bad fever I think.” She touched the soft towel on her forehead.

“You’re sweating a lot too.” Hyoyeon paused for a bit. “Is that Taeng?”

“Yeah.”

Hyoyeon nodded. “He takes care of you?”

“I don’t know. I just awake like five minutes ago and he was already here.”

“He seemed nice.”

“I told you so. My father’s ideal.”

“Ah, right.”

“Can we not talk about this?”

“Sorry, get carried away.” Hyoyeon grinned. Sica just tsked in reply.

“How are you feeling now?”

“Dizzy. And hot. And weak?”

“Did you drink last night?”

“Yah, Hyo!” Sica threw a cold glance.

“Chill, Sica. Chill. Just asking. We are in legal age anyway.”

“You kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter