Meet Up

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meet Up

Chapter 2

 

 

“Are you serious?” The man almost choked up on his food upon hearing the news his father said just now. He immediately drank water and coughed himself.

“Yes, really serious,” Mr. Kim said calmly.

“But why appa? I can handle my own love life.”

“This is for you, Taeng.”

“I know what is good for me, appa. You don’t have to do this. I just came here for two weeks and you already do this to me.” He put the spoon frustratedly. “Do I look so pathetic to you?”

“No, Taeng. It’s not like that. We care about you, that’s why we agreed about this meeting on the first hand. You should go with us. You won’t regret this, Taeng. I promise.” Mrs. Kim finally spoke.

“Really, umma? You too?” he looked at his mother unbelievably. “I’m done eating.” He left his parents and went straight to his room. He was happy when he was promoted to be the head manager at the main company in Seoul. After five years he spent in California to get his master degreed and expanded his work experience, it was nice to finally back home. He thought he could spent more time with his family and old friends.

It disappointed him when his parents had different agenda. He couldn’t believe that his parents were doing matchmaking for him. He knew he had been single for a long time now, but it didn’t mean that they could interfere with his love life.

It wasn’t that there was no one interested in him either. Being a good looking man with smart brain and a very successful life in young age turned him into a wanted boyfriend but also a perfect son also son-in-law type. If to mention his only flaw is his height. He’s only 163cm. But that’s nothing compared to all he had. So it wasn’t rare for him to be asked out when he was in California and even back then when he was still in Seoul.

But here he was. Alone in his room, looking at the picture he had taken from a long time ago. It was almost a year ago, when he saw her.

+++

Taeng usually came to this park near his office every time he had the chance to. He liked to see the children’s laughter here. When they played along together, chased each other around until they ran out of breath. And they would always made a laugh of joy in the end. It was one of his favorite scene to be captured by his beloved camera. Yes, he liked photography, but hadn’t reached professional level yet, in the end it was merely just a hobby.

Then one day, that favorite scene changed.

Taeng was sitting on the same bench he used to sit every time he was watching the children in the park. Then he noticed the children went home one by one, picked up by their parents as the sky starting to turn orange. As he took the last picture of a boy with an egg head together with his mother, he figured it was about time to head back. He was packing up, getting ready to leave the park, when he saw her.

A young lady, one she’d never seen on any other day, was helping a crying little girl. She wiped the little girl’s tears and calmed her. She hugged her and the little girl’s hair softly. Taeng didn’t waste any time and immediately took a picture of this beautiful moment. The little girl finally stopped crying and the young lady gave her a kiss on the forehead before bid goodbye to her. Such a beautiful moment, Taeng thought.

Then the next scene was so beautiful for Taeng to let go. Her smiles was so beautiful indeed. Her brunette hair was falling in soft curls around her shoulder and every inches of her was so breathtaking for Taeng. Fortunately, he got that beautiful smile captured.

It certainly became his favorite scene until now.

+++

Actually, there wasn’t the only time Taeng saw the young lady.

A day after he arrived in Seoul, he decided to stroll around the city on a beautiful Sunday morning. He wanted some refreshing before hit the office again tomorrow. He brought her camera like usual, captured anything he liked. The street, the shops, people walking or birds up in the sky. He walked and walked until he saw a park. So he took a time there to chill out a bit after a long walk.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

He wiped his mouth from the refreshing water. Then he saw a sight across him. There was some geese waddled into view, each leading a tidy trail of tiny baby geese. It was when he saw her again.

The young lady pulled out the bread from her bag and threw them some chunks. She watched the orderly lines of goose babies dissolve into a fluffy mob of bread consuming adorableness. She giggled to herself, throwing some to the outskirts of the circle, so the littlest ones could get some breakfast too.

Taeng momentarily out of his mind upon seeing her again, in this different part of the world. Is it just some coincidence or not? But immediately snapped back his mind to take some photos of her again.

On this second meeting, Taeng hadn’t got the chance to know her, yet. But apparently, Taeng really had the feeling that they would meet each other soon.

+++

He looked at the picture once again before closing his eyes and drifted to sleep.

Can I see you again?

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter