Career

Love between Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Career

Chapter 13

 

Sica kept her words. She finally married to Taeng officially. She had become daughter-in law of Kim family legally. Her status now was the wife of Kim Taeng, the son of South Korea Prime Minister and the candidate of Jeguk Corp.’s new CEO. Yes, her father had quickly and carefully arranged the matters. Taeng’s extraordinary good performance in the company also helped his plan. The old man would step down soon and that means the company would be on the young man control.

Honestly, Sica didn’t really care about the company. Her life itself had been quite a hell. Taeng moved to her house, on her request. She thought it’s better than she moved to his house. It would take a lot of efforts to put a mask in front of his parents every day. It was not that Taeng hurt her or else, but her heart was not with him. It never was.

Looking back, their relationship before the wedding had been warmed up a bit, but after the ceremony, Sica totally changed her attitude towards him again. She closed her heart completely. Her heart started getting colder and frozen.

Taeng knew it and although it hurt but he didn’t push anything on her. They didn’t even share bed on their first night. He never got near her anymore, physically, unless she asked to do so. But Taeng would still always treat her nicely and sincerely. He still had a hope deep down inside his heart that someday Sica could love him back just as he loved her.

Sadly, Sica never paid attention to her ‘husband’. She came back to a workaholic mode like months ago. All she did was work, work and work. It gave a boost to her career indeed.

Sica was expanding her career as a fashion editor. She had been travelling to fashion shows outside Korea to analyze the fashion scene and interprets it for readers. She also communicated frequently with publicists, designers, buyers, and stylists. She slowly gained her name in fashion industry, but lost her consciousness and awareness of people around her.

On the other hand…

Yul slowly organized his life in order again. Not long after his best friend lectured him, his mother’s condition dropped. He was panic and blamed himself for it. Fortunately, doctors could help her. They told him that she shouldn’t think too much. She should not be stress.

His mother was the only reason he was still alive right now, in between his depression over his sinking relationship with Sica. So, in front of his mother Yul would put a mask, act tough like nothing had happened, that he was okay and had moved on. But on the outside he would still live like a living zombie.

His living-corpse-attitude was mainly noticed by his co-workers. Yul had started working regularly at SM Entertainment. He was in charge to compose a new song. Sometimes the lyric, on the other time the music, but rarely both, because they worked in team. His team labeled him as a socially awkward composer prodigy. His song was definitely extraordinary, but his attitude was not good. Everyone was treated coldly and he would always got himself out from the crowd.

After all, his attitude didn’t really affect his career. As long as he produced a good song, everyone would tolerate him. In fact, his song had been doing well on music chart too. One of it was a ballad song that was sung by f(x), which one of the members was Krystal Jung, Jessica Jung’s younger sister.

F(x) had gained a lot of popularity after their first album was launched. Their album was doing well on sales so was the songs. Yul’s composed song was a heartbreaking song, contained his disenchantment and sadness. It was included in their first repackaged album which launched just a month ago.

Krystal personally really liked the song. She would mentioned it every now and then if she was asked what her favorite song from the new album was.

Sica was literally shocked when she knew it.

Krystal had always given her new album to her sister, including their latest repackage album which contained Yul’s song.

***

“Here, unnie. I hope you like it.” Krystal handed the album to the older girl. “It’s a signed album too,” she winked playfully at her sister.

Sica chuckled looking at her. “Thank you, Soojung-ah,” she said as she opened the album. “I have downloaded your songs actually. Honestly, your new ballad song is really breathtaking,” Sica told her sister.

“Jewel heart?”

“Yup.” Sica looked through the album photobook and searched for the lyrics. “I wonder who composed it.”

“Unnie… umm,” Krystal tried to find the right way to tell her.

“Hmm?” she still searched for it.

Brukk.

Sica dropped the book after she read who it was.

For months she had tried to forget about him, but still she hadn’t been able to erase him, the memory they had together, from her mind and moreover from her heart.

“Is it really him?”

Krystal nodded before taking the photobook from the floor.

“Are you okay, unnie?” she asked worriedly.

How can it happen? Why is it him? Sica asked to herself.

“Hello? Earth to you?” Krystal asked while waving at her daydreaming sister.

“Whoa sorry Soojung-ah, just kind of blank out for a second,” Sica said groggily.

“Are you sure you are okay, unnie?”

“Maybe just shocked a bit. I don’t know he composed the song. But I’m alright, don’t worry,” she patted the younger woman’s shoulder.

“For a sec you had me worrying,” the younger girl replied with a shallow chuckle. “Personally, I like the song too, unnie.”

“Really?”

The taller girl nodded. “From the first time I heard the demo song. Somehow I can get the feeling for this song easily. It’s never been this easy before.”

“Demo song?”

“Yeah. They sang it for us to learn.”

“The composers?” Sica asked.

“Yup.”

Does he sing it? The question really wanted to be spoken, but it was just there, at the tip of , never slip out of it.

Krystal searched for her music player in her bag. “Do you want to hear it? I think I save it in my player,” Krystal asked to her sister.

“Can I?”

“It’s okay, unnie. You will like it anyway,” the younger girl said obliviously and then gave her music player to the other girl.

Sica put on the earphones and pressed the play button. She closed her eyes and listened to the song, to feel the emotions deeper.

The gentle sound of piano began the harmonized melody fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter