Chapter 9- Fire

Before the Cause (Haitus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol was a nice kid. He liked sweet things like puppies and cake. He liked sun sets and full moons. He liked hanging out with friends and spending time with his family. He hated math homework and waking up before the sun. He hated gym class besides basketball though music was always his favorite. Overall Chanyeol was your average teen. So why did his life fall apart ? Most of it wasn't Chanyeol's fault. In his opinion, he was innocent. He didn't do anything. He would never do anything. So why didn't anyone believe him ?

It was a wrong place wrong time sort of thing. Except Chanyeol was at the right place, he even had the time down packed. Well maybe a few minuets off but still. It was a Saturday. His older sister had already left for her college trip to japan a few hours ago and now it was just Chanyeol and his mother. They were on their way to his mothers bakery. She sold all the good sweet things Chanyeol likes. Truffles, crepes, cupcakes and cakes. She sold hot chocolate and tea, boba and milkshakes. She even created a few of her own inventions and sold them as well. Right now it was 8:16 and they were on their way to the shop which opened at 9 am. They were running a little late and hopefully none of the workers were upset. They had to preheat the ovens and start making fresh things.

Chanyeol always helped out on Saturdays. Only because his father had to work the 12 hour shift and his sister was ether too busy or exhausted from college. He didn't mind though. His mother always let him taste the first sweet of the day and flip the sign to open.

 "Umma today can we make those little strawberry tarts ?" Chanyeol asked. He always asked to make a specific thing every time he came into help. The costumers seemed to like the random sweet of the day and Chanyeol's bright young face drew in all the younger costumers. 

"Sure. Just leave the dough out and I'll start on it after these cupcakes." Mrs.Park said and Chanyeol nodded. He was whipping down the tables and chairs and placing the cute little blue, green and white menus down.

"Waiter duty today kid." One of the bakers said to Chanyeol as he set down the last menu and threw him his uniform. Chanyeol caught it with ease and stuck his tongue out. Of course he would have to do waiter duty today. He always did waiter duty on Saturdays.

He put on the teal blue and gray uniform shirt before flipping the closed sign to open. Approximately fifteen minuets later their first costumer walked in.

"Hello sir. Welcome to HuggaMugg cafe. It's a bit chilly outside isn't it ? I'm Chanyeol. Are you dining in or taking out ?" Chanyeol asked with his friendly aura.

"Yes it is a bit cold. I would like a take out." The male said and Chanyeol nodded.

"The take out section is to your right sir. " Chanyeol gestured to where Junhi the cashier was standing at and the man nodded thanking him.

The day seemed to progress slowly at first. Seeing as it was Saturday many people didn't wake up early so the mornings were always slow. This gave time for Chanyeol to sneak a bit of the sweets and do a bit of his math homework that he never seems to do.

Soon as it hit one o'clock more and more customers begin to fill in. Most of the staff was busy and Chanyeol had to fill in the spaces they couldn't.

"Hello ladies." He greeted a table of older women around their thirties. "What can I get you three beautiful women today ?" Chanyeol asked pulling out his note pad and taking the pen from behind his ear. The women blushed and giggled at Chanyeol's antics before ordering. He gave them a graceful bow and went to go give this to his mother.

"Two moccas. One latte. All with cream and three blueberry crepes with extra whip cream." Chanyeol told the older women who nodded at her son.

"You're doing a good job out there Channie." She said and ruffled her flour covered hand in his hair.

"Umma !" Chanyeol whined and tried to wipe the flour out his black hair. His mother giggled before setting three crepes on plates and decorating it prettily before handing the order over to Chanyeol.
 
They proceeded like that throughout the day. Chanyeol greeting the customers with his friendly and welcoming aura, drawing in the younger crowd with his blinding smile and unique charms. His mother and her bakers making the sweets and drinks.

It was only until around three that everything started to go down hill. Now none of this was Chanyeol's fault in anyway. Really. He didn't know whose fault this was but it couldn't have been his right ? You can't put a blame on things like this. Things like this were entirely unexpected and no one had much control over them.

So when the sound of the door dinging open and Chanyeol turning around to greet the customer with a smile he wasn't expecting anything to go wrong. But sadly it did. His smile died off his lips as men dressed in all black with animal mask walked into the cafe and quickly stared shooting at the ceiling. Screams where heard and everyone immediately ducked.

"Everyone get down now !" One of the men with a bunny mask shouted. Which was a pretty dumb thing seeing as how they all were already ducking.

"I want everyone quiet ! Any sudden movement and you'll be killed !" 

Chanyeol looked up from his place under a empty booth and stared at the men in shock. Were they really going to rob his mothers cafe ? He couldn't let this happen. Money was hard to earn these days and even if the cafe was successful a robbery would seriously set them back on bills.

More shots were fired and Chanyeol swore he could hear someone crying from across the room.

"Hey ! Little girl shut up ! We didn't even do anything yet. Why are you scared ?" The one with a wolf mask said.

"Maybe she's afraid of the big bad wolf." The one with a bear mask said laughing. The wolf man punched him before turning his attention back towards the girl.

"Don't worry kid. Just pretend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter